Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Alien Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd Printing Delayed another Month Plus ?!?!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I keep seeing on all the usual sites I order games through that AF, which was supposed to be arriving end of March 2011 is now very end of April 2011 or possibly later yet the Clever Mojo Site still saysd March 2011.

I have had this pre-ordered since December and have wanted and tried to get a copy since October and my 6 months of waiting has now turned into 7 with no end in sight. Serenity now!

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
unlpat wrote:
So I keep seeing on all the usual sites I order games through that AF, which was supposed to be arriving end of March 2011 is now very end of April 2011 or possibly later yet the Clever Mojo Site still saysd March 2011.

I have had this pre-ordered since December and have wanted and tried to get a copy since October and my 6 months of waiting has now turned into 7 with no end in sight. Serenity now!

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.


http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6420965#6420965
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unlpat wrote:
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.


Patrick...As Karim noted above, there is a thread with Official Alien Frontiers Second Printing Dates and Preorder Info, but I'm happy to post a couple of the recent updates here as well...

From March 7th...
Quote:
I received word that Alien Frontiers has been delivered to the port in Shenzhen China and is scheduled to be loaded on the ship on March 7th. We're expecting arrival in the USA by April 13th and Customs clearance by April 20th.

Wish us luck!

LocWorks, our distributor in Poland, will likely receive their copies before the end of March (lucky b@stards).

No word on the exact date our UK distributor, Spiral Galaxy Games, will receive their copies, but they, too, are likely to receive AF before it gets to the USA.


From March 11th...
Quote:
So...The ship left Shenzhen on March 8th. Yeah!!

Guess where it's first stop was...JAPAN...Earthquake...Tsunami...YIKES!

The ship is currently docked in Yokahama, which, while far south of today's 8.9 quake and in a protected south-facing sound, is still in Japan!

Keep your fingers crossed, boys and girls...we're in for a bumpy ride.


As of right now, I have not heard anything from Panda regarding the status of the shipment. According to the shipping schedule the shipment is in Yokohama to change ships. That probably means it was offloaded from the first ship before the quake and now needs to get onto a new ship, so, whether or not that happens on schedule, I have no idea. As soon as I do know, I'll be sure to update the threads here on BGG.

I do apologize for these delays, but each step of the way it has been issues out of my direct control and I've done my best to post the updates. As always, if anyone feels the delay is too long, please send me an email to clevermojogames@me.com and I'll be happy to refund your order in full.

Also, I updated my Clever Mojo Games web site a couple of days ago to show the April 30th expected deliver day.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Thank you for the information. I apologize that I started a new thread. I am subscribed to that other thread and never received notification that I had a new, unread post so I naturally assumed there wasn't any new information.

As a small business owner I more than understand parts of your business being out of your control. If I had a dime for every printing mistake my printer makes...another story, another time. So I apologize if my post seemed too impatient or had a lack of understanding. I know these things are out of everyones control (ie Earthquake in Japan) and would never fault you for them or hold you to an impossible standard. I a simply "jonesing" to finally have my own copy of AF so I can play it and play it often. AF is totally worth waiting for and I will have my moment in the sun, from the Burroughs Desert of course. (Oh man that was nerdy)

I would not dream of a refund, quite the opposite actually. I'm going to pre-order a couple more copies for gifts for some friends that aren't game freaks like I am. It is this that leads me to my final question;

Am I able to order a copy from the distributor in Poland? That way I can play it sooner and give my pre-order to one of my friends. Two birds one very strategic stone.

As always, a million thank you's for being so fast to respond to forum posts.

(Edited for too many typos)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert T.
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:

[...]
LocWorks, our distributor in Poland, will likely receive their copies before the end of March (lucky b@stards).
[...]

Say what? Is this still valid after the earthquake? wow
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wladek wrote:
CleverMojo wrote:

[...]
LocWorks, our distributor in Poland, will likely receive their copies before the end of March (lucky b@stards).
[...]

Say what? Is this still valid after the earthquake? wow


Yup, still valid. The games to LocWorks were shipped by air from the factory because it was cheaper and faster.

As to Patrick's question, you could try, there is a buy link to LocWork's retail site on the Alien Frontiers page on our website, but I suspect they're not shipping orders out of Poland.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert T.
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
LocWorks mentioned that they're nearly sold out and stop selling it as of march 15. Though i don't know about carrying out international orders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

FYI, the main page on clevermojo.com still says March 2011 as does the left sidebar on the AF page with the arrow leading away from it.

Tried to order for Poland but failed miserably. It was fun to try though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...The shipment was delayed by only one day in Japan and is once again on the ocean and on it's way to the USA.

Patrick...I'll get the site corrected...sorry. soblue too darn'd many places to look! angry
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one day? Wow that is surprising and awesome. I might make some calls and get a Coast Guard or Navy escort so we can finally play AF, lol.

I can't imagine how many things you have to watch for in your line of work so no worries. It never hurts to have a second set of eyeballs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd dearly would have loved to help, but the (too small) preorder I got for Poland is pretty much sold out. I need to keep a few review copies and have something to show at game conventions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
Yup, still valid. The games to LocWorks were shipped by air from the factory because it was cheaper and faster.


The games are now in Warsaw going through customs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locworks wrote:
I'd dearly would have loved to help, but the (too small) preorder I got for Poland is pretty much sold out. I need to keep a few review copies and have something to show at game conventions.


Bummer. Looks like patience will have to prevail. Thanks for at least taking the mystery away.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI reports:
Expected Release: Late April 31, 2011

So I guess that means after 8:30pm?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
CSI reports:
Expected Release: Late April 31, 2011

So I guess that means after 8:30pm?


Considering there are only 30 days in april, it's a real mystery.
Actually, it used to be "march 31", and when changed to "late april" they forgot to remove the 31.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is scheduled to clear U.S Customs by April 20th if you check the official thread below

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/590427/official-alien-fr...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
locworks wrote:
CleverMojo wrote:
Yup, still valid. The games to LocWorks were shipped by air from the factory because it was cheaper and faster.


The games are now in Warsaw going through customs.

Have these made it out to the customers yet, or is Alien Frontiers actually poised to hit a nominal 1 rating per copy printed on BGG?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert T.
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've received my copy last Friday
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wladek wrote:
I've received my copy last Friday


Did you get the Rockets and Mind Control Helmet? I was unsure if my package of premiums would make it to LocWorks in time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
Wladek wrote:
I've received my copy last Friday :)


Did you get the Rockets and Mind Control Helmet? I was unsure if my package of premiums would make it to LocWorks in time.


Yes, I got them in time. Thank you very much, David.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
How come there's a 2nd printing when the 1st printing never even arrived?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:
How come there's a 2nd printing when the 1st printing never even arrived?

The first printing arrive on Oct 11, 2010 and was sold out on Oct 12th. So, you can be forgiven for thinking it never arrived; it almost seems that way to me, too, sometimes. I expected to have a garage full of games for months and months...not mere hours.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
richiebabes wrote:
How come there's a 2nd printing when the 1st printing never even arrived?

The first printing arrive on Oct 11, 2010 and was sold out on Oct 12th. So, you can be forgiven for thinking it never arrived; it almost seems that way to me, too, sometimes. I expected to have a garage full of games for months and months...not mere hours.



That'll teach you for making kick ass board games.




"BGG Con 2011 and Alien Frontiers..."

"Things that sell out in hours leaving some elated and most pissed."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.