Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A brand new Math Trade to coincide with the start of the 2011 MLB season.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: It's That Time of the Year Math Trade

Request GeekList: It's That Time of the Year Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday March 30th (9:00 PM EDT) to Tuesday April 5th (6:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Tuesday April 5th (6:00 PM EDT) to Thursday April 7th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You must clearly state your shipping policies for this math trade. At a minimum, you shall be required to cover shipping to your own country's contiguous mainland (sorry AK & HI). If you fail to state your shipping policy, it will be assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, April 5th, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Thursday April 7th, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%

P.S. Go Red Sox!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MISSED 56 WANTS (2%) FROM 9 USER(s) (2.6%):

# auspal (1)
# Brederic (7)
# E Decker (2)
# joewyka (1)
# MScrivner (1)
# OtisBFilthy (6)
# Sicaria (12)
# spayne (14)
# tweetlebeetle (12)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/65924-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/65924-results-official.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Num Trades = 759 of 2726 items (27.8%)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah! I'm a quick little sneaky one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry
United States
carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking this on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for running this!

There's already a bunch of great stuff posted. I may have to go digging for some more things to put up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Sedalia
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this - when does it normally show up on the OLWLG site? Edit: It's there now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiifner
United States
Etna
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Cow!
Not even 18 hours old and we're nearing 600 items. surprise

Now that's pent up demand...zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Koziey
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm new to Math Trades.

If I enter the items that I wish to trade on the BGG list do I have to enter them again in the OLWLG?

My current understanding is that I can enter my games for trade on BGG and then use the OLWLG for my requests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I drink your milkshake!
mbmbmbmbmb
CrackerJack747 wrote:
I'm new to Math Trades.

If I enter the items that I wish to trade on the BGG list do I have to enter them again in the OLWLG?

My current understanding is that I can enter my games for trade on BGG and then use the OLWLG for my requests?

You'll want to do one or the other, not both. Any entries you add to the geeklist on BGG will show up in the OLWLG. You can also add games through the OLWLG (which really just populates the geeklist with older entries or items already on your for-trade list). This comes in handy when you want to repost your untraded items on the next math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You either add them directly through the geeklist by clicking on "Add Item" OR you can enter them through the OLWLG by clicking on the little orange box with the plus sign on it and following the instructions there.

You have to use the OLWLG to enter your wants for the math trades. There is no other way around it.

Make sure you check out the math trade videos that I linked to at the top of the header in the math trade description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Koziey
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great thanks! I watched the videos and they were helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh oh.

Why is "Railways of the World" item number 750 on the trade list on BGG but it is number 753 on the OLWLG?

It appears the problem begins at 730. I think someone named hoganbball23 removed three listings:

Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game (2009)
Designer: Roberto Di Meglio & Marco Maggi & Francesco Nepitello / 2-4 players / 90 minutes play time / Trade,Want,Wish: 82,132,523
Condition: Only box opened, still unpunched and unopened pieces. Only rules read, nothing else opened. Shipping: Canada only payed by me (sorry US but this game is heavy!) Version: Fantasy flight games english 2009 version.

India Rails (1998)
Designer: Bill Fawcett / 2-6 players / 180 minutes play time / Trade,Want,Wish: 23,25,58
Condition: New in shrink minor self wear. Version: Mayfair games english 2005 version (not yet added to BGG) but see here : mayfairgames.com/game.php... Shipping: US and Canada (no Hawaii) paid by me.
926 7 6.24 hoganbball23

Beowulf: The Movie Board Game (2007)
Designer: Reiner Knizia & Jeff Tidball / 2-4 players / 30 minutes play time / Trade,Want,Wish: 208,8,38
Condition: New in Shrink Shipping: Canada and US (no Hawaii) paid by me. Version: Baltic edition Fantasy flight games 2007
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder to everyone - DO NOT DELETE items once you've added them to the math trade. Simply submit a blank wantlist for that item and you'll be ok. If you really want to, you can edit your entry and state that you won't trade this using the altname tags.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the deletion affect your choices on the OLWLG? I'm tagging them in the OLWLG each day as I read a few more pages of entries. If I've tagged a game and it's item number gets changed because of a deletion, does the OLWLG adapt to this and keep the correct item tagged when I'm finishing my want list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be ok in the OLWLG upon each re-sync.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are deleted entries much of an issue now that the OLWLG handles all of the item management and particularly the want list submissions? I agree that they can be minor inconveniences, but I'm not certain they cause the massive problems they once did.

However, I was looking at the rules and didn't see anything in the rules against editing your offering (specifically, removing/changing the items being offered in a negative manner) once it has been posted. This seems like a far greater problem with the OLWLG since many people start setting up their want lists before the submission list is locked down. It is entirely possible with the OLWLG that the item you are trading for has significantly changed (especially with sweeteners removed, but possibly even the main item changed) since you originally worked on your want lists.

This seems like a very serious problem that should be covered in the rules. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would say the onus is on each individual user to do a final check on all the items they've added to their wantlist to make sure nothing has been changed.

Sure you could add a rule telling people not to modify their entries, but honestly people are going to do it anyways, and it'll be next to impossible to police.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Personally, I would say the onus is on each individual user to do a final check on all the items they've added to their wantlist to make sure nothing has been changed.

Sure you could add a rule telling people not to modify their entries, but honestly people are going to do it anyways, and it'll be next to impossible to police.

That's reasonable advice. However, I also think it should be accompanied by a strong warning against starting to do anything with your want lists during the submission period due to the chance that all of your wants may be incorrect due to potential bait-and-switch (intentional or accidental). This is especially problematic when you have a large number of submissions and wants, as this is already hard enough to manage on the OLWLG page (since many of the item details are condensed, and therefore, any changes are not immediately obvious.).

Anyway, I'd like to see a rule against negative edits for future math trades. With this system (OLWLG), it makes far more sense than rules against deleting entries (which also seems reasonable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgatti wrote:

Anyway, I'd like to see a rule against negative edits for future math trades.

YES.

If you're editing your game because you're adding a sweetener, covering more shipping, or things are in better condition than you thought, great. If you're editing to make your offer worse, it should be blanked, blank want-listed, and re-listed with the correct info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
ive requested to Jeff before to reset edited games as new in olwlg to combat this problem, but i think he said there would be too many items reapparing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Sedalia
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
ive requested to Jeff before to reset edited games as new in olwlg to combat this problem, but i think he said there would be too many items reapparing

I think it would be nice if your want list alerted you if a game you previously added to your wants has been edited. Of course I don't know the logistics of adding that in or if it would be feasible, but it's an idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:
I think it would be nice if your want list alerted you if a game you previously added to your wants has been edited. Of course I don't know the logistics of adding that in or if it would be feasible, but it's an idea.

This sounds like an ideal solution. Have the OLWLG warn you of changes made to your wants by hi-lighting them in color.

I can add another rule asking participants to not negatively alter their offers, but again this will be very hard to police.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
rgatti wrote:

Anyway, I'd like to see a rule against negative edits for future math trades.

YES.

If you're editing your game because you're adding a sweetener, covering more shipping, or things are in better condition than you thought, great. If you're editing to make your offer worse, it should be blanked, blank want-listed, and re-listed with the correct info.

Agreed. Most of the math trade vets know this from past experience, but there's been a huge influx of new math traders in the past six months or so (hence the bigger math trades again) who just don't think about the consequences of a "negative edit".

rgatti wrote:
Are deleted entries much of an issue now that the OLWLG handles all of the item management and particularly the want list submissions? I agree that they can be minor inconveniences, but I'm not certain they cause the massive problems they once did.

That's true Ryan. It's just an inconvenience to people who make notes about the items they're interested in and where to find them (I used to do that a lot, now I don't bother). Perhaps what's worse is that it's discourteous to the moderator and other participants to not take the 60-90 seconds required to read the rules, which clearly request that you don't do that. If they haven't bothered to read them, then they're likely to break others too.

As an aside, how sad is this - I don't have many items on offer in this event (having just had a big sale) but I've put up some good, hot NIS stuff and can find very little that I actually want. A lot of that is a "mature collection", but not all of it...

Aside #2: FOUR copies of Wok Star?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.