Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spring 2011 Gaming Hoopla is just weeks away and it just wouldn't be complete without a math trade so...

Request GeekList: I'm not going to have a 'requests' list this time as I'm not convinced of its value. If you have an item you want then mention it in the discussion thread. If you *really* miss the 'requests' thread then mention that, too.

Games For Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/66118/spring-2011-gami...

If you are participating in this math trade use of the OLWLG (Online Want List Generator) is mandatory for creating a wants list (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

If you have never used the OLWLG before, please read this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

And if you're still unsure, there's an excellent video tutorial here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-tuto...

and feel free to ask questions in the discussion thread. It's not hard... really... the core idea is that you post stuff you are willing to trade and then choose things others have listed that you'd be willing to trade each of your items for. You'll never give something away and get something you didn't want in exchange for it! And if there's nothing you want for a given title you don't have to trade it.

Key Dates and Times (All times are at 10 pm Central Time)

Open for posting games: Now - April 15, 2011

Want list submission period: April 15 - April 19, 2011

Results will be posted shortly thereafter.

Please note that errors made by you will NOT invalidate the results. You will be expected to honor your trades even if you make a mistake, so please carefully review your wants list(s) before submitting them. You can make multiple changes to your wants BEFORE the end of the submission period but NOT after it.

This event is open to anyone who wants to participate, but please note that this is a no ship event. We will be meeting up on Saturday, April 30th, 2011 at 12 pm to exchange games and you'll either need to be in attendance, have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you at the meet-up, or make your own arrangements to give/get your trade items.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

Some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

* This is a no ship event. All exchanges are to be made at the above time/location (unless you make other arrangements). If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate but you must find someone who is willing to act as your proxy at the convention (taking your games there for you and picking up your new games). If you are unable to get your games to the Con for whatever reason after participating then this becomes a ship trade for you and it will be your responsibility to pay postage costs for shipping your games and for others to ship games to you, but please don't let it come to that.

* Gift certificates and Geekgold (GG) are allowed in this math trade, but arbitrage is not (i.e. don't put up a $25 gift certificate and put a $30 gift certificate in your wants for it... that will be disallowed). DVDs, RPGs, computer games and other relevant items of interest are also permitted, but be reasonable. If you list items nobody is interested in then you're wasting your time and everyone else's time.

* Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985). Please also note the use of the "alt name" tag that the OLWLG supports in order to properly view your items over there.

* If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

* You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners.

* For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete because the person giving it to you told you it was. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings and dents. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

* You are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Other useful information

OLWLG Metric Used: USERS-TRADING Seed=12345 Iterations=100

Wants List Submission

You can start creating your want lists any time after the start of the event.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Submissions may be made at any time after the listing period has ended. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss the possibility of you submitting early.

Remember that you may have saved your want lists, but they have NOT been submitted until you press the green button in step 4 and received a confirming Geekmail.

You are not obliged to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it, or not submit one at all. If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honor any trade that the TradeMaximizer comes up with. You will not receive anything you did not list as acceptable for the game(s) you have offered, so it is important to check your want lists when they are posted publicly (see above dates), to correct any errors.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm an hour late posting something, please bear with me. Running one of these can be a fair bit of work, and running it without the OLWLG is twice as much work.

So enter lots of items and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved - Updates and Results
# MISSING 55 WANTS (8.2%) FROM 2 USER(s) (5.7%):
# kristernevin (9)
# TMJJS (46)

Users Trading = 29 of 33
Num trades = 111 of 615 items (18.0%)

And the results are here:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running the Hoopla Math Trade Alan.

If anyone who attends the weekly Thursday night Games Plus (Mt. Prospect, IL) game nights needs a proxy for the Hoopa Math Trade, then just send me a geekmail through BGG or email me directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ross
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Someone from Milwaukee has offered to proxy for those of us not able to make it to the Hoopla, so you might be getting a few more items on the list (at least a couple from me that is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
I will proxy from Milwaukee (thanks for mentioning it Ben).

We need to prime the pump on this math trade. Add your items, people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you have unused gift cards lingering from Christmas and not sure if you'll ever use them? List them in the math trade - I'm interested in them. I'm looking to swap games for gift certificates. I'll have a bunch of game up there tonight.

Best Buy, Amazon, Home Depot, Lowe's, Binny's Beverage Depot, Jewel/Osco, Roundys, AA-EE Shoe store, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, AMC (movie), Jimmy John's, Subway, Biggby's Coffee, Texas Roadhouse (restaurant in Janesville), Carson Pierre Scott, - just to name a few. Geekmail me if you're unsure.

I'm even willing to reinvest into games - not sure if they offer GC's - but how about The Game Board (Sheboygan game store & Hoopla vendor),
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
houjix wrote:
I can proxy for anyone from the Madison area who can't make it.
I may take you up on that if I don't end up going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Goodmanson
United States
Port Edwards
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a Requests list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanG wrote:
Failing that, you can just request something here - like this:

Can someone please add a copy of Workshop of the World?

Or perhaps RoboRally: Armed and Dangerous?

Or Zopp?

Or one of your spare Crokinole boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
DeanG wrote:
Failing that, you can just request something here - ...
That's what I was counting on... I just haven't seen enough traffic on the discussion thread and wants thread to justify the need to separate them. It's not like the Fire & Ice trade where there's 10 pages of banter

It's not a big deal one way or the other, but I wanted to try something different unless there's a grand outpouring against it. So far there hasn't been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Goodmanson
United States
Port Edwards
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
DeanG wrote:

Or one of your spare Crokinole boards? :)

I have a sad old American Carom board (only--no bits, croke on the back), will that do? I came across a nice AC board at a garage sale today for $20, with accessories at a garage sale today. Someone interested that would request I go back for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dean, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, here's the current score...

IL 152
WI 199

so Wisconsin currently has a 47 point (item) lead with 6 days to go. On the stats side of thing Wisconsin also has an 11 point lead (15 to 4) with respect to the number of trade participants.

Can the Illinoisans turn it around?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid San Filippo
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Thick Scottish Accent]

I'm sorry cap'n, I'm given' 'er all she's got!

[/Thick Scottish Accent]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
Ok, here's the current score...

IL 152
WI 199

so Wisconsin currently has a 47 point (item) lead with 6 days to go. On the stats side of thing Wisconsin also has an 11 point lead (15 to 4) with respect to the number of trade participants.

Can the Illinoisans turn it around?
Obviously you should be doing percentages since the convention is in WI, you would expect the raw numbers to favor them. The percentages should too, but they don't:

IL = 44% of items listed (152/351)
IL = only 21% of participants (4/19)

IL = 38 items per participant on average
WI = 13 items per participant on average

Obviously you want more ILLIONIANS to get more items :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMJJS wrote:
Obviously you should be doing percentages since the convention is in WI, you would expect the raw numbers to favor them. The percentages should too, but they don't:

Of course he does. He feels sympathy for Bears fans having their hopes crushed, knowing the Bears are scheduled to go back into hibernation for another few years with Cutler as their QB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
TMJJS wrote:

Of course he does. He feels sympathy for Bears fans having their hopes crushed, knowing the Bears are scheduled to go back into hibernation for another few years with Cutler as their QB.
But... I'm a Redskins fan?? However, we really shouldn't be talking football when the 'real' Hockey season is about to start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of games listed for trade is impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
But... I'm a Redskins fan?? However, we really shouldn't be talking football when the 'real' Hockey season is about to start!
Oh so pre-season is almost over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
Hockey still has a season? When does football season start?

-Seattle Mariners Fan cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EventHorizon wrote:
adreeve wrote:
Hockey still has a season? When does football season start?

-Seattle Mariners Fan cry
From what I am reading... never!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care about the NFL, just college. And until they start to care that the athletes are getting paid under the table at every major institution, college football isn't going away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EventHorizon wrote:
I don't care about the NFL, just college. And until they start to care that the athletes are getting paid under the table at every major institution, college football isn't going away.
Funny - college sport in Britain aren't exactly big business. I played college sports. It's not remotely like it is here. One day I'll get used to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

REQUESTLIST:

"Outside the scope of BGG" item - I know it's a long shot, but I'm a fan of the longshot/underdog.

Not sure if I have enough in trade for this, but I just spent 3 hours looking on Craigslist and VRBO for 2 Bedroom vacation rental properties on a lake within a 3.5 hour drive of the NW suburbs. I'm interested in a week for me, my wife and my parents. We're also looking for a pontoon boat and a new in shrink copy of Buesen Memo if possible. Just kidding about the game, serious about the boat - not a dealbreaker.

If you have a "family/friend place" that you rent out to friends or "only friends of friends", then drop me a geekmail to start the conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UsanaChris wrote:

REQUESTLIST:

"Outside the scope of BGG" item - I know it's a long shot, but I'm a fan of the longshot/underdog.

Not sure if I have enough in trade for this, but I just spent 3 hours looking on Craigslist and VRBO for 2 Bedroom vacation rental properties on a lake within a 3.5 hour drive of the NW suburbs. I'm interested in a week for me, my wife and my parents. We're also looking for a pontoon boat and a new in shrink copy of Buesen Memo if possible. Just kidding about the game, serious about the boat - not a dealbreaker.

If you have a "family/friend place" that you rent out to friends or "only friends of friends", then drop me a geekmail to start the conversation.
Rats. Busen Memo I could have managed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |