Popular Tags: [View All]
Hansi
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I've read one of the recent user comments on this game:

Quote:
Offical errata signed in my box: "* B a player may never hold more than 10 cards in his hand regardless of the event text"

Does somebody know more about this? Is this really offical now and are more details available how this should be handled?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Brer Bear2 wrote:
Hello,
I've read one of the recent user comments on this game:

Quote:
Offical errata signed in my box: "* B a player may never hold more than 10 cards in his hand regardless of the event text"

Does somebody know more about this? Is this really offical now and are more details available how this should be handled?

Oh really? I hadn't heard of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've met Mr. Matthews last week-end and while getting games signed, i've talked my concerns about the Audacity of hope & Online fundraising problem, making the game obviously broken and not really fun anymore with the Obama player winning all the time.

It was a concern to him as well... we've talked about solutions and it turned out that his ideas for a solution was the same i had. I asked him to write it in my box and he kindly did.

While it might become "official" someday or not, I HAVE NO CLUE... I'm ONLY saying in my game comments here that it is OFFICIAL to ME

He did mention that he might release it on BGG, but that's it really.

Next time before starting to spread false rumors, give time to reply to your PM in order to avoid confusion.

I do apologize to Mr. Matthews if any harm has been made as it was far from being my intentions. I'm just a passionate game collector who really enjoyed the opportunity to have met the designer of the #1 game on BGG and overall among our community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hansi
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply.
It was not my intention to spread false rumors. I set a question mark because I was not sure.

I'm really sorry if my post was not appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this rule. It was the same solution I had thought of, a very simple solution to a situation that I don't think the designers considered, I certainly didn't until I started playing online. In fact, this situation was the very reason I gave up playing the game online, because it sort of takes the fun out of it, the tension.

I think I prefer a hard limit of 8 cards by the end of your turn, as was suggested by others, but 10 would probably be enough to break the stalemate. An 8 card limit would give just a little more luck, but of course the person discarding is the one who gets to decide which cards to keep. I think an 8 card limit would make for tougher decisions for the player being forced to discard.

I wish that Yucata would have this as an option. I would be much inclined to play. After a long break from the game I'm playing a game right now with someone who obviously doesn't play the "infinite loop" strategy, and neither am I. We each have had up to 6 or 7 cards max and it has been a much more enjoyable game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.