Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3247 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [130] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Critical Mass Games Nights. Chermside and Indooroopilly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Critical Mass (Indooroopilly)
Opps! Some more mistakes on my part. You're right about the 15 cities. We played it right after all.

And with regards to the end game... we played that wrong too. We didn't finish the phase, as I had thought the game ends immediately once a player reaches the minimum required no. of cities. We're supposed to have finished the building phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:
Updated Next Games Night post on first page.
Who is coming on December 2?- the last day of school- HOORAY laugh

I think it will be fine for us.

Critical Mass wrote:
The slightest excuse for a games night in between will be fine with me especially if I get to play Louis XIV.

Harley and I are looking for a game this Saturday night. We are not available Friday. I will post in the Free Radicals thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harley and I had a blast with another game group this morning, so I started a thread for them:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
same here
i have finished uni now and i'm available pretty much any weekday/night, but a lot harder to get time on weekends. if you are holding a get together somewhere (especially at andrews, i'm not too far away) and have room i would love to come, just give us a call, i probably wont see the internet again until about christmas. if not, i'll see you guys at the next crtical mass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will have to wait until Harley finishes school before I get very keen about weeknights. On Wednesday November 23 I will be playing board games at the QGG Games Night at Hendra. All are welcome to attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so tomorrow is the first chance for Wednesday Afternoon Games at the Pancake Manor - let's call it WAGS for short. Let us know here ASAP if you're interested in meeting at 5pm at the Pancake Manor in Charlotte St. As long as I can get one other person to come along, I'll ring the The Axe and Bertie Beetle and Hamish and Tony, and then you never know how many we'll end up with. My plan would be to play till 7 and then get home to the irate wife and kid. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems like a really short time for gaming. 2hrs only? I guess we'll only be able to bring along short games. I don't mind turning up. I've got time.

I guess we'll all have to be punctual to ensure maximum gaming time.

In terms of games-wise, I don't think I have many games that'll play under 2hrs and also take a good number of players. I'll probably just bring Plunder, and Axis & Allies Miniatures.

See you tomorrow at 5pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew> I believe we're gonna start at 5pm, according to John. And that it'll last only til about 7pm. But if you wanna stay for a couple hours more to play a few more games, I'm certainly up for it.

Right now, I'm just thinking what sort of games I can bring that can accomdate 3-4 players, yet be played in a relatively short amount of time.

And I would like to try that Louis XIV.

EDIT: Or where you thinking of meeting somewhere else and continue gaming after our meet-up at the Pancake Manor?

I'm looking forward to some pancakes. Been looking for a reason to do so. And gaming is as good a reason as any... Gaming + Pancakes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How late I stay is limited by having to catch a train home, but I'll talk to the boss and see how late I would be allowed out. She probably won't care, but I've got to sleep some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be able to go to Andrew's place. Trains late at night are difficult enough already, let alone from Kenmore where there's not even a station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... I was thinking of getting home to watch the football match between Australia and Uraguay.

And mostly cos I have difficulty with transport as I don't drive anymore.

Which reminds me... I'll probably need a lift to the next CM meeting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Critical Mass wrote:
Updated Next Games Night post on first page.
Who is coming on December 2?- the last day of school- HOORAY laugh

The slightest excuse for a games night in between will be fine with me especially if I get to play Louis XIV.

Im not sure about the other QUGS people, Travis, David etc but I should be Ok for the december meeting. I have evo, louis XIV, attika and through the desert currently sitting at the post office waiting for me to collect them courtesy of the milsims sale and would like to try them.
I work in the city but seldom finish before 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Astley
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also make the mistake of committing to Dec 2nd!

Sorry I missed the last one. I think my Mother was visiting just before my Uni exams. I must have accidentally messed up my priorities! :-)

:-D avid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kracken wrote:
Which reminds me... I'll probably need a lift to the next CM meeting.

I can offer you a lift home, but a lift there won't fit into my rushed schedule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:
Who's coming next Friday?

Harley and I will be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The second post on this thread has an updated list of those expected to come along. ? denotes that I think they will be coming but I have not had confirmation. Have I missed anyone? It looks like we will have 5 or so games running at a time, maybe more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make my way there on public transport. And John has offered to give me a lift home at the end of the night. So I think I'm set.

I'll definately be there.

There's another BGG user, hvddrift, that has expressed an interest in coming along to the games night. I've given him the details, and I expect that he should turn up. We're thinking of playing Wallenstein.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HVDdrift will be welcome.
Wallenstein? Really? It is one of the two games I have most wanted to get. Who owns it? It would be great to have a regular who could bring it to Critical Mass now and then. The other game I wanted to track down is Web of Power and Paul OzGamer brings that along each month. This group rocks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberkev63 is also a BGG user who wants to join but he is not able to come this month. He has arrived from the US and found our group on BGG forums I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have in the past trolled the Australian and particulaly Brisbane forums to find users to invite to Critical Mass Games Nights. I did not find hvddrift. How do you know him Ken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He PMed me just over a month ago. I let him know about the meetings then, but he wasn't able to turn up for the last meeting. He recently sent me another message asking when the next one will be.

Wallenstein belongs to him, and he said he'll be bringing that along, and I've volunteered to join him for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've given him all the details, and I've told him how the information is set up on the forum page.

I wonder if it'll be a good idea to remove some of the older posts from this page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We could. They definitely are obsolete. The only active parts are the first three posts and the most recent month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
How about everyone just does a bit of housekeeping and deletes all of their old posts that are no longer relevant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans van der Drift
Australia
Bulimba
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am hvddrift - Hans.

I am the one with Wallenstein, plus a few other games.

I am going to try and make it this Friday, but between family (2 kids) and other commitments I wont know till they day.

I will definitely make it so I can share my excitement of German (European Games) with others who are of the same mind.

Hello to all the others in Brisbane, I am slowly adding to my collection and will try to post a bit more.

Regards,

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [130] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.