Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BSG 180 - Bull's Eye rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1.3 - Chief

Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Draw: 1 Politics, 2 Leadership, 2 Engineering

Incidentally, the image generation of my spreadsheet failed on this situation, so I had to do it by hand. I have tried to be careful, but if any of you spots a mistake then let me know. Hopefully it sorts itself out again for the next turn (something like this happened before, and usually after one or two turns the situation had changed in such a way that it could be processed automatically again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

By CO, Chief performs the following move and action:

Move: Chief moves to Communications.
Action: Chief gives a 2 - Executive Order to Admiral Tigh.

He adds the following recommendation:

I recommend you hold the nuke. Activate command. First activation send the viper from 5 to 4. Second activation attack one raider there. If someone (preferably Boomer) plays SP on this, we'll have more leeway on the second XO action. If the raider in 4 isn't destroyed, you need to activate command again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That raider should be in sector 6, not 2.

Edit: Thanks for the catch, my mistake.

Yeah, I've given a next-O, so I'm pretty sure we'll learn our Admiral's loyalty, at least pre-sleeper.

My recommendation stands; If Tigh can get rid of one of the sector 4 raiders with the first action, we can consider nuking sector 3. Otherwise, he should shoot the raiders in 4 two more times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not correct.

When that raider moved, the closest civies where the ones behind galactica.

The civies in sector 6 got on the table AFTER the raider moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It was probably the best play at this point. I think that even if he were a cylon he wouldn't do anything that incriminating before he's even had his first turn.

Though I really would have liked it better if Tigh had the option of scouting as the second action, but you can't have everything I guess. Nuking is a good option, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
something like this happened before

Something like this will happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb

Ow, my head... Did anyone catch that raider's license plate?

For what it's worth, I agree with the grease monkey's assessment. Can't really do much myself, but I do have some cunning plans you might want to take a look at. They're in my other jumpsuit, front pocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Boomer did what? First she starts showering in her uniform. (Not that I blame her, with that creep Baltar always hanging out near the female showers, looking like he's waiting for someone to pick up the soap.) Now she thinks she's some kind of viper ace? I could've told her that wouldn't end well.

There's too much confusion here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bexarath wrote:
I think that even if he were a cylon he wouldn't do anything that incriminating before he's even had his first turn.

I doubt a cylon would pass on this chance for a reveal. He may not be able to do too much with the XO, besides revealing, But if he starts as a cylon on his own turn, he can destroy 2 civvies, or park 3 heavies one activation away from delivering their centurions.

But playing that 5 - Declare Emergency instead of holding on to it was a pretty pro-human move, (or a very crafty cylon one) so I trust him for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It´s a pretty big risk indeed. On the other hand,.. we will face much tougher decisions in the future of this journey. And in case our Admiral turns out to be a toaster on his first turn.. so be it -> then he can´t do that much damage when searching for destinations and choices on chrisis cards

He would be better revealed early with decent damage to our civies, than late and devastating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Calling Admiral Tigh to the bridge!

Not trying to be pushy, but the post in which Tigh receives an XO is already so far up that it seemed a good idea to point it out again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb

Apollo, you are clear to move. Those fraking toasters are trying to target the the civilains around the stern of the ship, get ready to show them they haven't killed us yet. Tigh out.

Lieutenant Gaeta, check with Doc. Cottle, I won't have one of our best pilots taking a nap when we have the entire cylon fleet breathing down our neck.

Oh, and send this message to Representative Zarek, tell him where about to check out how good "Apollo's Viper" truly is.

action one: activate command, moving the viper from 5 to 4, and then attacking on of the raiders in 4.
action two: if the attack in action one fails, attack again, if successful, I'll discuss what to do next.

I do have an SP handy, but due to Tigh's "problems", It would mean discarding the XO currently have, what does everyone think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Viper shoots at raider: 1d8 = (5) = 5, hit! One raider destroyed.

Admiral, your second action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 21116. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d8 =
  • (5) =
  • Wed May 4, 2011 3:28 pm
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I say go for the nuke with SP. If someone else has planning capabilities (I sadly do not) that's preferable, though I don't think losing the XO is that critical as there's a fairly good chance you'll draw one next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

By CO, Tigh nukes the basestar in Sector 3, while Boomer plays 3 - Strategic Planning.

Nuke: 1d8+2 = (6) + 2 = 8, big hit! One basestar and 3 raiders are gone.

Crisis: Guilt by Collusion.

And I would make a joke here, if I had any idea what "collusion" means. Sounds like some kind of glue.

INTERRUPT Token wrote:
Action Interrupt: Crisis Skill Check - Guilt by Collusion: 9GP
Please Play, Pass, or Geekmail any of the following:
Investigative Committee, Scientific Research and Declare Emergency CO's.

Tigh - does not draw Politics or Engineering
Baltar -
Zarek -
Boomer -
Chief -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 21141. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d8+2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • Wed May 4, 2011 6:10 pm
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

INTERRUPT Token wrote:

Baltar - pass
Zarek -
Boomer -
Chief -

Edit: CO for the skill check in place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Collusion means 'secret agreement'.

This is an interesting crisis to come up. I was going to keep my suspicions private for a while longer, but under these circumstances, I'll bring them out in the open right now.

Boomer's move raised a lot of red flags with me. She parked herself right in front of three raiders, which were four activations away from threatening anything, apparently with only a single EM in her hand.

I could understand a newbie to make that kind of mistake, but Garou has a lot of PBFs under his belt. Getting himself sent to sickbay needlessly, requiring to be XO'd out, would be a great way for a cylon to deprive the humans of useful actions.

I don't intend to unilaterally throw her into the Brig if we pass this check, so I'm interested what the rest of you think. And what Boomer has to say for herself, naturally. I'll leave it at that for now.

INTERRUPT Token wrote:

Baltar - Pass
Zarek -
Boomer -
Chief - Pass

While I'd welcome a cheap Investigative Committee, I'll keep what interrupts I have for more important crises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

INTERRUPT Token wrote:

Baltar - Pass
Zarek - Play 4 - Investigative Committee
Boomer -
Chief - Pass

Ladies and gentlemen, fear not: I have (at great expense) formed a committee to determine the definition of "collusion":

*Ahem* "collusion (n): secret agreement for a fraudulent purpose; connivance; conspiracy"

Not the cheapest IC, but I usually find that it saves cards in the long run anyway.

EDIT: And I agree with your assessment that Boomer's move was an odd one, Chief, but am not ready to make any accusations yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb

In the last RL game I played, the Starbuck player used the same strategy, so i have got my eye on her.

Then again, she did help us plan the nuke, and it is only the first turn, So, you know, nothing concrete.

Edit: fixed a spelling mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Once again, Delegate Zarek has shown that he is a friend to the hard-working men and women of the fleet. His support will not be forgotten in the hard times to come.

Boomer, couldn't you have scouted on your turn? That would have been a much better action than moving to sector 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb

INTERRUPT Token wrote:

Baltar - Pass
Zarek - Play 4 - Investigative Committee
Boomer - Pass
Chief - Pass

Bah. I throw myself in front of the enemy to save their collective behinds, and they start questioning my loyalty. Before everyone started whispering about cylons looking like us, they'd have slapped a medal on me for the same move!

Yeah, going to the frontline with only a single EM was a tad risky, but I usually prefer the starting raiders to stay on their side of the board, instead of sneaking around the back. And XOs are cheap in the base game.

For the skill check, let's see what destiny has in store. No reason to go around wasting morale, so I'd be more than willing to do my part here. I'd also appreciate not being thrown into the brig, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal Rex wrote:
Boomer, couldn't you have scouted on your turn? That would have been a much better action than moving to sector 1.

Actually, the way things did turn out, I'm not convinced that it would have - but I have to admit that we did get lucky with the Admiral's offensive. Still, I still maintain that binding the raiders in sector 1 at the start of the game isn't a bad move - unless there is an immediate attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, I had game night. Here's the skill check token:

SKILL CHECK Token wrote:
Crisis Skill Check - Guilt by Collusion: 9GP
Investigative Committee in play, all cards will be played openly

Destiny - 4 - Declare Emergency, 1 - Launch Scout
Tigh -
Baltar -
Zarek -
Boomer -
Chief -

Running Tally: 5 (FAIL)

You guys are frakkin' lucky...

EDIT: I got a couple of CO's for this check, but these were given before I revealed destiny. Let me just say that if an IC is played, you want to first see what destiny gives before specifying your contribution. Maybe destiny is very negative and you decide to auto-fail the check. Or maybe it is very positive and you do not need to play so much. In general I must be a tough-as-nails mod, and execute CO's as they are given, but I don't want to punish you for being helpful players. And as this is the first cycle of the game, I am lenient anyway. So I have canceled all CO's given for this check, and ask you to just play into the check as normal. For the future, either simply wait until I have revealed destiny, or give a long-winded CO that takes every contingency into account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Under these circumstances, I recommend Tigh to save his two cards, and leave the check to the rest of us.

Now, I had a proposal to Boomer, to regain some manner of trust: The rest of us tank this check, and she plays both her piloting cards, to prove they're both Maximum Firepowers, and she didn't deliberately let herself get shot down.

But with a positive destiny like that, this would be a bit wasteful. What do you think? It could be an opportunity to catch a cylon red-handed, so to speak, and that would definitely be worth one morale.

If we can't get some sort of confirmation of her loyalty, I'm rather uncomfortable with the idea of XOing her out of sickbay before her turn, which would mean 4 less cards for Boomer, cylon or human.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I've considered this a bit more. We have 3 options.

a) Pass the check. Boomer and I should be able to handle that, and the rest of you can pass. Costs 2-3 cards and leaves Boomer's loyalty ambiguous. Will cost us (her) 4 more cards, if we decide against XO'ing her before her turn.

b) Let Boomer play her 2 piloting, and fail the check. Costs us 1 morale, and 2 high (hopefully) piloting cards. Either reveals Boomer as a cylon, or makes her trustworthy enough to be XO'd again. She'll get a full draw on her turn, most likely.

c) Attempt both. This will be costly, about 6-8 cards. Depends on how much higher Boomer's piloting are to her tactics. I can play one high card into the check. We'll need one or two cards from Baltar and/or Zarek, and preferably a DE in reserve. Boomer plays both her tactics and both her piloting cards. This would leave us pretty understrength, however.

I'm very much favoring option b, at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.