Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
1029 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [42] | 

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BSG 180 - Bull's Eye rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


To be honest, I'm a bit baffled that my loyalty seems to be that much of an issue that you'd be willing to sacrifice cards and/or morale just to make sure I still have two maximum firepowers in hand - which wouldn't exactly clear me from all suspicion.
From my point of view, anything but passing this check and XO'ing me out before my point is just an incredible waste. I can see that you are somewhat worried about an XO-reveal, especially with three heavy raiders that might deploy their payload before the next jump, but if you're still that much in doubt, I'd very much prefer option a, without XO'ing me out of sickbay. Sacrificing most of my draw sucks, but you won't risk me getting a full cylon turn after the reveal. If everyone agrees, I'll play my MFs into the check, but I honestly don't really see the point.

Edit: MF - What's a Maximum Pirepower?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb





We have barely traveled a mile or two and the accusitions start to spread. This will slow us down,.. significantly, if I´m unable to stop this soon. ... However, there is some logic to be found in Chief´s reasoning.

Chief:
While I understand the logic behind your argument, I for myself have not seen enough evidence to raise that much suspicion against Mrs Valerii.

I´d go with option a), pass the check and keep an eye on her goo

Of course, XO`ing her out of sickbay or not should be discussed seperately.

(I´m not even mentioning my OPG, as this feels way too early for me.)

Edit: format correction
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I agree with Baltar and Boomer. There's no point in deliberately tanking this when it's basically been handed to us on a platter.

That said, we do have the option of moving Boomer to the Brig by passing the check if you really doubt her loyalty. (I personally am more on the fence, as I can see the logic in trying to keep the raiders from running off to our starboard side, and she did get some bad rolls against her.) If nothing else, she gets a full hand of cards on her draw without being XO'd, and I can use my "friends" to make getting her out easier.

Or, we could XO her out and let her use those MPs she claims to have to try to get rid of some of those heavies.

EDIT: Of course, that last part only works if the heavies activate once first.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb


I have to say that passing the check is the best course of action, losing one moral on what is basically a 4 point check is a foolish move regardless of anything else going on. We should pass this check and keep an eye on her.

As i only have two cards, I'm planing to pass on the check, as I don't want to lose my whole hand.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I can help a little with this skill check. Can´t do it solely on my own though!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


I can help a small amount as well.

Admiral, you're first to play into the check, so you might as well make your pass official.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb


SKILL CHECK Token wrote:
Crisis Skill Check - Guilt by Collusion: 9GP
Investigative Committee in play, all cards will be played openly

Destiny - 4 - Declare Emergency, 1 - Launch Scout
Tigh - Pass
Baltar -
Zarek -
Boomer -
Chief -

Running Tally: 5 (FAIL)


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


SKILL CHECK Token wrote:
Crisis Skill Check - Guilt by Collusion: 9GP
Investigative Committee in play, all cards will be played openly

Destiny - 4 - Declare Emergency, 1 - Launch Scout
Tigh - Pass
Baltar - 2 - Executive Order
Zarek -
Boomer -
Chief -

Running Tally: 7 (FAIL)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


SKILL CHECK Token wrote:
Crisis Skill Check - Guilt by Collusion: 9GP
Investigative Committee in play, all cards will be played openly

Destiny - 4 - Declare Emergency, 1 - Launch Scout
Tigh - Pass
Baltar - 2 - Executive Order
Zarek - 2 - Executive Order
Boomer -
Chief -

Running Tally: 9 (PASS)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


SKILL CHECK Token wrote:
Crisis Skill Check - Guilt by Collusion: 9GP
Investigative Committee in play, all cards will be played openly

Destiny - 4 - Declare Emergency, 1 - Launch Scout
Tigh - Pass
Baltar - 2 - Executive Order
Zarek - 2 - Executive Order
Boomer - Pass
Chief -

Running Tally: 9 (PASS)


Nothing left to do for me then, but watch.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

By CO, Chief passes.

The skill check succeeds. Admiral, do you want to send someone to the Brig? And if so, who?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

In the meantime, I can do the raider activation, as it does not interfere with the admiral's decision. Activation order is not of influence, so I'll start with Sector 1.

Activation:
2 raiders in Sector 1 move to Sector 6.
1 raider in Sector 2 moves to Sector 3.
1 raider in Sector 4 shoots at the unmanned viper there: 1d8 = (1) = 1, wide!

Jump Track: Advances to Red 1.

After the admiral has made his decision, he will get his cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 21230. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d8 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu May 5, 2011 12:55 pm
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb


It says Current player, witch would make it Chief's decision.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Indeed it does. And while I have my doubts, they're not strong enough for such measures.

Pass.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Oops, yes, sorry. I was confused with another crisis (not that I know that that one is going to turn up or anything).

So, I am going to send the admiral his cards now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1.4 - Tigh

Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb


I have solved the riddle of the image generation problem. It cannot handle Boomer being in Sickbay. So the image above was generated automatically again, I only moved Boomer in the correct position by hand.

Draw: 2 Leadership, 3 Tactics

Admiral Tigh, please post your move and action when you are ready.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb


OK, the way i see it, i can...

option A) use command, and target some raiders
option B) XO someone.
option C) scout

I'm currently leaning towards option A, what does everyone else think?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb




My friends, I have heard from reliable sources that Dr. Cottle aboard Galactica discovered some "anomalies" when treating Lt. Valerii. Anomalies so extreme that they caused the medical equipment to cease functioning entirely. What is Galactica hiding about Lt. Valerii? What don't they want us to know?"

A few options with an XO: Boomer to Communication to move civvies or fly out to Sector 6 to take out the raiders, the president to draw Quorum cards (brute force?), or myself to draw politics and send a scout.

Otherwise, you could always move the civvies or command vipers yourself.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


If you do want Boomer out of sickbay, I'd rather it be done on your turn than Baltar's. She can launch to sector 6 and shoot a raider. MF would be a waste on only 2.

I could move the civvies from 4 to 5 on an XO, and then CP. Or CP and scout (probably).

Not XO'ing anyone and shooting raiders in 4 and 6 is fine enough, and safest. Not the most efficient, obviously.

Edit: We may be out of ICs, so XO'ing Zarek wouldn't be bad either.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dawson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb


Ok, I think i'm going to use command, seems like the safest option.

Action: use command, the viper in sector 4 attacks the raider.

if he misses, get him to attack again

if he hits, attack with one in sector 6
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Viper shoots: 1d8 = (6) = 6, hit!
Viper shoots: 1d8 = (4) = 4, hit!

Two raiders destroyed.

Crisis: Rescue the Fleet. Admiral's choice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 21268. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d8 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Thu May 5, 2011 6:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 21269. Flyboy Connor
  • 1d8 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Thu May 5, 2011 6:51 pm
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Not a horrible crisis, all things considered. I say we go for the bottom option. We're already going to risk pop (I assume, considering the situation) jumping out of here, and losing 2 hurts. One more basestar in front of the ship isn't going to make much difference at this point.

But of course, it's the Admiral's call.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


3 more raiders shouldn't make much difference. I think we're all confident in the Admiral, so we can XO him whenever we need them thinned. There'll be no change in heavies, and by the time raider launches become problematic, we should be able to jump.

Basestar activation might hurt if they hit resources, but I can repair.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cc the calm
Austria
Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


agreed! Altough I would have liked the admiral to XO Boomer, as I´m not sure that I can XO her on my turn. But I guess you can not wish for everything, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, admiral? 't Is now almost 24 hours ago since you were asked to make a decision, so let's get to it.

(Chris hasn't been on BGG today yet, so he may be delayed).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.