Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I may be moving to PA in my near future. Does anyone know of any FLGS in the Shippensburg, PA area? I don't think I want to move there if I can't get my gaming fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hikes
United States
Lancaster
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest I'm aware of is in Waynesboro - Neverland Games (probably about 35-40 minutes away). Decent store but the staff varies between uninformed and helpful depending on who is there. Prices are typically MSRP or slightly higher, so that's not the best. They do have tables in the back and a nice selection of games you can try out.

In Harrisburg is the Adventure's Guild (50-60 minutes away). A smaller store with highish prices, but a generally nice and helpful staff. Good place to go if you like miniature games like Warmachine or Warhammer. Big Magic following there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the positive side, you're right in the neighborhood for Games Surplus, an excellent online vendor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Neverland and pretty much everything Drew said about them. Tony is a good guy and is pretty well versed. I've been lucky enough to have him teach me a few games and I've been able to get to a few game meets there. I've also been there when the only staff member there wasn't sure how the mechanics of Power Grid worked. I'm not saying everyone should know everything about every board game - but if you're working in a FLGS and you need a customer to explain how the end game mechanic works on a BGG top 5 game, there's something weird there.

Drop me a GM when you get to the area. I'm right down 81.

@Drew -- took me a second to figure it out, but I've been trying to meet up with you and the Mrs. for a while when I found out you guys moved to C-burg. (I know Kelly from IUP) I wasn't sure when you guys made the official move from Jonestown. Congrats on the little girl! Maybe sometime soon we can meet up and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Hikes
United States
Lancaster
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
On the positive side, you're right in the neighborhood for Games Surplus, an excellent online vendor.

In the neighborhood is about an hour and a half away and Gamessurplus doesn't have a store front. But, if you order from them, you will get the games pretty quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses everyone! At least if I do move to the area I won't be suffering flgs withdraws

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls