Subject: Math Trade - Playoffs Edition - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: My Games For Trade
Shipping from Canada to the U.S. is based on zones. Each of the provinces and states are grouped together into different zones by CanadaPost. The shipping amount is then based upon distances from the sending zone to the receiving one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
KlydeFrog wrote:
Hi, two quick questions:

Since "Metric=Users-Trading", does that mean there is no point in me assigning priorities/values to my wants (since it would ignore them)? Or does it actually use them but they're just less important than maximizing users?

Once I've submitted my want list and received the geekmail confirmation, I pretty much just wait for Saturday and find out where I need to send things right?

thanks!
Correct. We are not using priorities for this math trade.

Correct again. You can wait until Saturday morning for the results, or you can continue tweaking your wantlist right up to the deadline as most other math traders end up doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I didn't get notified of comments to my geeklist items until now, and I can't add comments to clarify questions people had on my items. I am leaving this update here in hopes that it gets noticed by people who wanted an answer, and also geekmailing anyone who asked or thumbed a question.

Re: 51st State, this is the ToyVault edition.

Re: Dungeon Twister, I am not sure how to tell which edition I have, but based on the advice in this thread I believe I have the second edition. The SKU on the box is DT01US. If there is another way to tell I would be happy to check. (edit: it is the second edition as per the colors on the back of the box)

I hope this information is helpful if not timely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Sedalia
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Gabriel Knight fanMicrobadge: Star Control 2 fanMicrobadge: I love Indian foodMicrobadge: X-Com fanMicrobadge: Heroes of Might and Magic fan
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
I didn't get notified of comments to my geeklist items until now, and I can't add comments to clarify questions people had on my items. I am leaving this update here in hopes that it gets noticed by people who wanted an answers, and also geekmailing anyone who asked or thumbed a question.

Re: 52st State, this is the ToyVault edition.

Re: Dungeon Twister, I am not sure how to tell which edition I have, but based on the advice in this thread I believe I have the second edition. The SKU on the box is DT01US. If there is another way to tell I would be happy to check.

I hope this information is helpful if not timely.
Thanks, I was interested in the 51st State question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Whatever it takesMicrobadge: Reef Encounters of the Second Kind fan
larryjrice wrote:

Dan - I appreciate your shipping policy, but must admit that I cannot afford to be as generous as you. I used to ship for free to Canada but very rarely any more unless it is a card game or something small and light.
I don't "pay" any more than someone with a domestic-only policy. I simply factor the extra shipping cost into my want lists. It makes my want lists a bit shorter, but I have been satisfied with the results so far. I have never charged anyone for shipping in any math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
Microbadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Piano fanMicrobadge: Tetris fanMicrobadge: I use BitcoinsMicrobadge: I play with green!
larryjrice wrote:
I've had to pay $20 after $12 was deducted from shipping for Cleopatra's Caboose and then $14 after $10 was deducted for Havana.
I can understand for Cleopatra but Havana, seriously? shake

The game is just a bunch of card, in no way should you have exceed the 4 lb limit. The game itself is 1.9 lb according to funagaingames.

And if you're only paying the first $10, what does it matter to you what the total amount is? The canadian is taking the hit, not you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Microbadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Pinball fanMicrobadge: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fanMicrobadge: Math Trader
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

Re: Dungeon Twister, I am not sure how to tell which edition I have, but based on the advice in this thread I believe I have the second edition. The SKU on the box is DT01US. If there is another way to tell I would be happy to check.
DT01US is the SKU on the 1st printing as well. Check the picture of the board on the back of the box. If the lower right room is green, you have the 1st printing. If the lower right room is gray, you have the second printing.

Here's the 1st printing:
Board Game: Dungeon Twister

And the 2nd printing:
Board Game: Dungeon Twister
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lonnie kim
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Thrift King's CounsellorMicrobadge: Jacksonville Jaguars fanMicrobadge: University of FloridaMicrobadge: I love South Korea!
two of my items have comments/questions. but it appears i cannot add comments or edit my listing (to add version details). what should i do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ricochet Robots fanMicrobadge: Power Grid fanMicrobadge: Heart of CrownMicrobadge: Mystic Vale - Whatever it takesMicrobadge: Reef Encounters of the Second Kind fan
Answer in a private message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilby wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

DT01US is the SKU on the 1st printing as well. Check the picture of the board on the back of the box. If the lower right room is green, you have the 1st printing. If the lower right room is gray, you have the second printing.
Thank you very much for that clarification! I will check when I get home from work today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Jack McDevitt fanMicrobadge: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer iOS fanMicrobadge: Mercury Games FanMicrobadge: Grand Tactical Series FanMicrobadge: CastleCon attendee
I goofed and put up a copy of Elfenland twice. Therefore, I will not put in a want list for Item #1559 (Elfenland + Emperor's Challenge), my other Elfenland, coupled with Emerald (Item #2174) is still available.

Sorry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Social WorkerMicrobadge: Level 10 BGG posterMicrobadge: Blocks in Afrika fanMicrobadge: Golden Session ReporterMicrobadge: I like learning games more than winning them!
PLEASE HELP
Hi,

I'm confused by this message regarding duplicate protection. Can anyone help me figure it out?

Thanks,

Chris

Warning! Duplicate Protection
Rows for items you want above highlighted with this background color are both wanted by one of you dummy items and also wanted by your real item(s).
If you want duplicate protection your real items should only want the corresponding dummy item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: Metroid fan
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

I'm confused by this message regarding duplicate protection. Can anyone help me figure it out?

Thanks,

Chris

Rows for items you want above highlighted with this background color are both wanted by one of you dummy items and also wanted by your real item(s).
If you want duplicate protection your real items should only want the corresponding dummy item.
When you specify a dummy item, only the dummy item itself (the one with the row tinted green) should have check boxes indicating what you're willing to trade away for the item. Each of the individual trade listings that you want linked to that dummy item should have exactly _one_ checkbox in it: the checkbox in one of the right-hand columns that indicates which dummy item it belongs to. You can not specify different want lists for different items linked to the same dummy item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Updates posted on page 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: This, Jen, is the Internet.Microbadge: Mountains of Madness - The Eye of the GodsMicrobadge: I have daringly delved into the Dungeon of Doom where dark denizens dwellMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Users Trading = 121

Num Trades = 208 of 1516 items (13.7%)
Let's keep that % creeping up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Game of Thrones fan - Jon SnowMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Game of ThronesMicrobadge: Game of ThronesMicrobadge: Defenders of the Realm fan
Previously when I've done Math trades when I proceed to step 4 to edit my wants the table would have a scroll arrow for the inside of the table so that the header with the list of my games stayed at the top as I scrolled down the list of wants. This time there is no separate scroll bar instead my trades at the top disappears as I go down the list so that I cannot actually see what boxes go with what trade.

Is this just me, or is there something different with the formatting of the table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I think it's an issue with FF 4.0 as I don't get the fixed table headers anymore either. I usually just zoom out so I can see the entire table at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McCarroll
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my reviews at www.nerdbloggers.com
badge
Hi!
Microbadge: Video Game ProgrammerMicrobadge: equalsMicrobadge: Fortnite fanMicrobadge: Silver Image UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Reviewer
I've never used the feature to have OLWLG show me only items that are on my BGG want/wishlist. I decided to give it a try, but when I clicked on it, it shows an empty list. Is there something special i need to do to get them to show up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Frozen meeples all around!Microbadge: Meeple and the BeastMicrobadge: Brave meepleMicrobadge: A whole new meeple!Microbadge: Do you want to build a snow-meeple?
hezkezl wrote:
I've never used the feature to have OLWLG show me only items that are on my BGG want/wishlist. I decided to give it a try, but when I clicked on it, it shows an empty list. Is there something special i need to do to get them to show up?
You need to sync your collection.

The link to do so is right under the red notes text on the 'front page' of the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: This, Jen, is the Internet.Microbadge: Mountains of Madness - The Eye of the GodsMicrobadge: I have daringly delved into the Dungeon of Doom where dark denizens dwellMicrobadge: Battlestar Galactica fan
hezkezl wrote:
You probably need to sync (or re-sync) your account info....there's a link on the home page of the OLWLG I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: My wife beats me.Microbadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Party GamerMicrobadge: Lefty
Monkeyman wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Users Trading = 121

Num Trades = 208 of 1516 items (13.7%)
Let's keep that % creeping up!
If I've got my math right, and it is pretty rusty, that means that of users who have submitted, around 63% are trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Cosmic Encounter fanMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Anniversary EditionMicrobadge: Graphic DesignerMicrobadge: I play with yellow!Microbadge: Res Nova fan
jadseah4 wrote:
Previously when I've done Math trades when I proceed to step 4 to edit my wants the table would have a scroll arrow for the inside of the table ...
I had the same issue on the "It's That Time of The Year MT" and continue to have it on this one. During the last trade I GM'd Jeff about it:

King Friday wrote:
... For some reason in the edit page I'm only getting a single scroll bar along the far right edge of the page, so the header (i.e. my games for trade along the top) scrolls off the page as I scroll down along my wants, making it difficult to cross-reference my checkboxes. Usually OLWLG puts the checkbox grid itself in a frame so the header is always visible as you scroll down the page.

FWIW I'm running Firefox 4.0 on OS X 10.6.7. I have Greasemonkey installed and use the Checkboxmate script with it, which has worked before, though this is the first time I've used it with FF4.
To which he replied:

JeffyJeff wrote:
see note at top of step 3 page -jeff
Still not seeing what he means by that, but I was too busy then to pursue it. Perhaps it wasn't clear that I was referring to step 4, not step 3?

Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Social WorkerMicrobadge: Level 10 BGG posterMicrobadge: Blocks in Afrika fanMicrobadge: Golden Session ReporterMicrobadge: I like learning games more than winning them!
Thanks for such a fast answer. I think I understand now. For the two versions of Bausack I'm willing to trade for, I select only the dummy item. For the dummy item itself, I select all of my games that I am willing to trade? And the system will then make sure that I only trade for (at most) one of the real items linked to the dummy item? And then, if there are three of the same game, I link each of those games only to the dummy item, and then for the dummy item select which of my games I'm willing to trade?

If I'm right, then it makes so sense now, and makes me wonder why it didn't make sense earlier. I suppose I'm just easily confused.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Chris

imyourskribe wrote:
fatgreta wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Chris

When you specify a dummy item, only the dummy item itself (the one with the row tinted green) should have check boxes indicating what you're willing to trade away for the item. Each of the individual trade listings that you want linked to that dummy item should have exactly _one_ checkbox in it: the checkbox in one of the right-hand columns that indicates which dummy item it belongs to. You can not specify different want lists for different items linked to the same dummy item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
As much as I love OLWLG I still have trouble with the duplicate protection. Every time I do it I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
mrbeankc wrote:
As much as I love OLWLG I still have trouble with the duplicate protection. Every time I do it I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
Between Geoff's answer to my question above, and this GM from the trade organizer, I finally got my head around it:

Hi.

Basically there should be items hi-lighted in gray (which you want) and items hi-lighted in green (the dummies). Make sure that there is nothing selected for any of the gray items, except the dummy that they match up to (at the far right). Only select the columns with the green items.

I ended up selecting the dummy item only for each real item I wanted to trade for. So for two versions of Bausack, the only item I selected was the dummy Bausack (and the same for the three versions of Tsuro). When I did that, the dummy items were green and the real items linked to the dummy items were gray.

Then, for each dummy item, I selected my games that I am willing to trade. The system will now make sure that I only trade for one (at most) of each real item linked to a separate dummy item.

I don't know if that's at all helpful. Once I got all of it done, the colors on the screen were correct and I had no warning message, so I figured then I'd gotten it (which was confirmed in a GM by the trade organizer).

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |