Popular Tags: germany [+] [View All]
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner is off to Germany at the weekend and is willing to get me some games if I can find a fairly central game store in Cologne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schmalz
Germany
Köln
Nordrhein Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best games shop in Cologne is the Spielbrett. It is not very big but has a huge selection of games and the staff is alway very helpful and friendly. You can have a closer look at the store here: http://www.spielbrett-koeln.de/main.html. To find the store have a look at "Anfahrt" or use the following map: http://www.stadtplan.net/index.asp?direct=SRL160376115272160... and type in "Engelbertstrasse" in the search tool.

It is not too far off from the center of the city and you can easily reach it by car or better by public transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Bailey
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is also a big toy store in the far end of the main shopping street from the Dom, i forget what it is call but went there last month and they had a sale on.
They have a floor of games.

t

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Schmalz
Germany
Köln
Nordrhein Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is called "Feldhaus" (situated in the "Schildergasse" next to "Sport Scheck" and directly across "Kaufhof" I believe). They have some good sales but they don't nearly have as many games as the "Spielbrett".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your tips.

Now which games should I ask for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip on spielbrett! The store is still small but awesome. It has a very nice selection, and the owner was very friendly (and spoke excellent English!) They even had a nicely alphabetized used game section (aka TREASURE TROVE!) with great prices in the basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too late for the TS, but there's also Brave New World. I have not been there myself, but my in-laws went there to pick up a game for me and they told me the owner was very friendly and forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls