Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Frodo is coming! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
m b
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I thought about this card quite a while now. And I'm really a bit dissapointed with this. Not because of the ability or the art...

it's more like:

- what? a Hobbit again? So we'll have two hobbit heroes in the first 2 expansions? That's boring.
- Frodo did never leave the shire before he was 50 (ok, he travelled to the old forest once or twice, but only for a few hours). So it is absolutely wrong (thematically) that he's part of the hunt for gollumn!
That is well known. I also had this feeling about Bilbo. But then, we don't know exactly what he did at this time. At least, he was not in the shire anymore. So it would be possible that he accompanied gandalf on his journies. That's not the case with Frodo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex

Qu├ębec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imnotyou wrote:
So it is absolutely wrong (thematically)

Better get used to it. As long as the character is from Middle-Earth and from the general end of the third age, we're gonna see him in the game at one point or another. sauron

Frodo makes more sense than Eowyn or Denethor to me, but even them do not bother me.

Just see the game as a big "what if?".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Adlington
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jellospike wrote:
imnotyou wrote:
So it is absolutely wrong (thematically)

Better get used to it. As long as the character is from Middle-Earth and from the general end of the third age, we're gonna see him in the game at one point or another. sauron

Frodo makes more sense than Eowyn or Denethor to me, but even them do not bother me.

Just see the game as a big "what if?".

I was going to mention Eowyn. Well played sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  |