Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'll be visiting Denver in late June (24 to 28 to be more accurate) so I was wondering where could I go to find gamers to play with or where the best shops are.

I'll be there for work, so I don't know exactly at which time of the day I can be available (and maybe I'll be a little jetlagged on the first day).

Any suggestion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody H
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's gamers all over the place here! This thread Has a decent number of links to various Denver-area groups, as well as there usually being something or other to do at the hobby stores around town in the evenings. I would be of more help, but I tend to stay in my tiny group rather than go explore the city's gamers...

That said, you posted in the early morning for Denverites, so surely more helpful/adventurous people will be logging on at various points in the next 12 hours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Do you know what area of town you'll be in and modes of transportation you'll have available to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Western_US is always a good place to look. I will most likely be at the Whittier Community Center at 2900 Downing St., Denver on June 27. Hope to see you then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
Do you know what area of town you'll be in and modes of transportation you'll have available to you?

I will be staying in an hotel in the city center, so I guess my only vehicle available will be a cab (and walking). Maybe a rental car, not sure yet, but I'll have to work most of the time. I could maybe ask someone to drive me around.

Thanks to everyone, by the way, and I'll be more than happy to find someone to play with during my stay !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Monday nights, there's gaming at:
Wittier Community Center
2900 Downing Street
Denver, CO 80205

If you're close, this occasionally has some good thrift finds, but otherwise everything is MSRP and some of it is really really really old. (You can buy California here for 40 bucks, yay! (it's like 15 bucks here on BGG))
Bonnie Brae Hobby Shop
3421 South Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113-2528

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls