fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

High time i started to play this game!

Question:

You don't make a merging move if you have less stock than other player/s either on the small or the big company, right?
I mean, if a merge is benefitial for you because you have a fair number of stock (x), but another player have more than you (X), then the merge is not a good move? (I will benefit xx but the other player will benefit XX). Is that right?
So do you only merge when you have the majority on the small company?
thanks for your tips.

I have to admit that I am very lost on this game, because the game system is drastically different to other financial games i played and I dont get the strategy yet. wow
I mean, I am used to think that to be "eaten" is a bad thing, and used to accumulate property cards rather than cash.. i have to remind myself continously that stock never loose value on this game.
I really need to play many more times to figure out the strategy and know what i am doing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Cope
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have strategy advice for this game per se, but for me the challenge is finding the right moment of the game where you transition from primarily wanting cash to primarly wanting stock. The payout at the end of the game makes the latter pretty important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the early game you really want cash. It is important to gauge which corporations are most likely to merge. You'll want to be minority/majority stockholder in the small of the two merging corps early in the game so you can have cash to buy more stocks (typically in a diverse number of corporations)

A common mistake I see new players make is investing heavily in one corporation and making it larger early in the game. This seems like an intuitive thing to do. Your portfolio looks like it is growing in value as your corp grows ( and it does grow ) however, you won't get paid when your corp eats another corp. Not having cash early in the game is usually really really bad news for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.