Subject: Official Ottawa Area Math Trade III - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is an Ottawa (and surrounding area) no ship math trade. In order to participate you must either reside in Ottawa or be present to exchange your games. A trade location has yet to be determined. Please use the discussion thread to make suggestions.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Official Ottawa Area Math Trade III

Request GeekList: Official Ottawa Area Math Trade III - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Friday June 3rd (12:00 AM EDT) to Friday June 10th (4:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Friday June 10th (4:00 PM EDT) to Sunday June 12th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - Not applicable (this is a local math trade).

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100 Metric=Users-Trading

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, June 10th, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday June 12th, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%

P.S. Go Bruins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/68228-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/68228-results-official.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
# MISSING 27 WANTS (13.7%) FROM 4 USER(s) (16%):
# achalupka (1)
# nullination (12)
# riskmaker (2)
# Solamnus (12)

Users Trading = 16

Num Trades = 36 of 170 items (21.2%)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know what day the exchange will take place? I have no suggestions for location other than the "Smiths Falls side" of Ottawa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
christopher_the_fehn wrote:
Do we know what day the exchange will take place? I have no suggestions for location other than the "Smiths Falls side" of Ottawa.
No exchange venue or date/time yet, but I guess that's the purpose of this discussion thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MIke H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it cool to offer expansions? I would like to offer up Catan seafarers and cities and knights (bundled) but I would like to hang on to the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hopper1 wrote:
Is it cool to offer expansions? I would like to offer up Catan seafarers and cities and knights (bundled) but I would like to hang on to the base game.
Yes expansions to any game are perfectly fine to add. A lot of the time most people usually have the base game anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Pernal
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For us out-of-towners, can I safely assume that the trade will happen on a weekend, or is there a slim chance that the exchange might be during the week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Solamnus wrote:
For us out-of-towners, can I safely assume that the trade will happen on a weekend, or is there a slim chance that the exchange might be during the week?
Yes it's more than likely that the exchange will take place on a weekend. However, you'll still be responsible for making alternate arrangement for picking/dropping games with people that can't make the exchange (easy for local traders, but more cumbersome for out-of-towners).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
3 days into the trade and we've barely cleared 50 entries.

Please pass the word on to any local gamers you know about this math trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Hemme
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyboby,
I'm a Montreal gamer and I would like to participate to this Ottawa trade.
Sure I couldn't be there for the trade, but I asked my friend Dany (adamdynris) if he could take care of my trade and he accepted.
So as he regularly come to Montreal, perhaps he could pick up my games (if I make trade) before the physical trade or just a little after.
So If you are ok to receive your game just a little after the physical trade, trade in confidence.
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sounds good to me. With only 3 more days left for game entries (and only a little over 100 games) we could use as many traders as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we know the time of the trade before want lists are due? I want to know if I can make it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Will we know the time of the trade before want lists are due? I want to know if I can make it or not.
Feel free to throw out some ideas and/or suggestions. It's a real quiet bunch we got in this trade here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Feel free to throw out some ideas and/or suggestions. It's a real quiet bunch we got in this trade here.
Well, a weekend is probably the best time for the majority (though weekdays are fine for me). I'll be away the weekend after the trade (17th-19th) so wouldn't be able to make it. If that's the time that's decided on, I'd have to submit a blank list as I wouldn't want to have to mail the games and/or arrange another trip or two to give/receive my games. I'd vote for the 25th or 26th, maybe at noon.

Not sure about location. What's been done in the past? Again, I'd vote for something on the outskirts (like Kanata) rather than downtown, but I suppose that will depend on where everyone is coming from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pierre avon
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
preferably a weekend because i work the night shift.Kanata is fine because i have a car. Just need a time and place, as well as did some of my games get traded? this is my first Math Trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well, a weekend is probably the best time for the majority (though weekdays are fine for me). I'll be away the weekend after the trade (17th-19th) so wouldn't be able to make it. If that's the time that's decided on, I'd have to submit a blank list as I wouldn't want to have to mail the games and/or arrange another trip or two to give/receive my games. I'd vote for the 25th or 26th, maybe at noon.

Not sure about location. What's been done in the past? Again, I'd vote for something on the outskirts (like Kanata) rather than downtown, but I suppose that will depend on where everyone is coming from.
I'm fine with some place in Kanata as well.

25th or 26th is far too late after the completion of the trade as I'm sure people will be Jones-ing to get their new to them games.

If you need someone to hold games for you or have you drop them off while you are away, I'm sure one of us would me more than glad to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:

If you need someone to hold games for you or have you drop them off while you are away, I'm sure one of us would me more than glad to help.
This will work if there's someone close by who's in the trade and willing to do this (though we don't know whose games will trade so it's hard for someone to volunteer). I don't want to drive to Ottawa twice (once to give my games that are trading, and again to pick up the games I get back). It's only an hour away, but two trips are more than I want to make with gas prices where they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
LAST DAY to get your games into the trade. The deadline is today Friday June 10th at 4:00 PM EDT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Game submissions are now closed and wantlist submissions are open.

You have until Sunday June 12th at 11:00 PM EDT to get your wantlists in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Still missing 6 users with about 1.5 hours to go. With such a small number of users I'd like everyone to get their wants in if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Results are now posted and OFFICIAL.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Fetiveau
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd vote for somewhere central, close to downtown, which would work for people from Gatineau too.
Kanata is 30-40 minutes away for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Kirsch
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we looking at something on the week-end or during the week ?
btw, some central place like Ottawa is fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jkirsch wrote:
Are we looking at something on the week-end or during the week ?
btw, some central place like Ottawa is fine for me.
I'm good with either the weekend or during the evening if it's a weeknight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |