Simon Blackwell
England
Rotherfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heres a list of every circuit used from 1950 to 2011 (and the number of times raced on in F1) that at this moment in time have not been produced officially for Formula De/D.

I know Mexico was produced very early on as a paper expansion but have never seen it produced as per the other boards. There are also some excellent fans versions of some but not all of these tracks out there.

So if I was an Asmodee exec I would plump for Mexico City, Brands Hatch, Paul Ricard & Adelaide as my top four. If I based it on circuits I have never seen produced by fans it would be Rheims, Zolder, Rio de Janeiro & Mosport Park

And if it was just circuits from the current crop of ones being used, reluctantly I'd plump for Istanbul, Abu Dhabi, Silverstone reconfiguration and Yeongam.

Of course this doesnt take into account the other various circuit reconfigurations that have taken place over the years that would also warrant old tracks being considered for a reissue such as Spa-Francorchamps or Nurburgring as 4 board specials or Silverstone & Sakhir as more modern circuit updates.

Finally compiling this list it also makes me wonder why Sebring was picked as the first of the new generation boards given that it was only raced on in F1 once. The buying fan element from the North America, Indycar/CART, NASCAR, fast and furious market no doubt had some bearing on this decision.

Updated 21/5/14 Circuits in use this season highlighted in bold.
Boards now published since original message by Asmodee now scored out

MEX - Mexico City - 15
GB - Brands Hatch - 14
FRA - Paul Ricard - 14
FRA - Rheims - 12
AUS - Adelaide - 11
BEL - Zolder - 10
BRA - Rio de Janeiro - 10
SPA - Jarama - 9
CAN - Mosport Park - 8
SPA - Jerez - 8
TUR - Istanbul - 7