Popular Tags: rules [+] [View All]
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I shall grab the lizard by the horns and write a rulesbook that is clear, makes sense, and can be used with ease. It'll take a day or two . . .and it won't be much different from what the game has, just done about 5 levels better.

The problem is how to make it available hereabouts. How would I provide a link to it, and in what status does it have to be to be so linkable.

GODZILLA is a good, fun game with some really neato components . . . all it needs is a clear set of rules. (I can see the ToyVauletsr entering ConniptionFit Level 3 . . . with reason).

I'm moving to Monster Island and bringing my computer. Keep that damn moth away from me . . .

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard, that would be helpful. Although I stand by the fact that the components make the game frustrating, a clean set of rules will help dramatically.

You can upload them here to the "files" section, they will be well received.

-One Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Scroll down to the Files section, click upload file and follow the instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Thompson
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much, Richard!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumpi Katze
msg tools
Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Good luck, we're all counting on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phuloivet wrote:

Well said, Dr. Rumack.

-One Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phuloivet wrote:

No pressure! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have uploaded my latest version of the rules for Advanced Play - which contains some modifications and changes to previous answers - but which should make play easier and clearer.

Comments and suggestion are surely invited . . .the gods only know when the link will actually be listed.

Enjoy . . . rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Estes
United States
La Vergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see these too, Richard. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New rules were uploaded 2 hours ago . . . and they have yet to show up as files. So I uploaded them again . . . Is there usually a time delay for this sort of thingee?

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BROG wrote:
New rules were uploaded 2 hours ago . . . and they have yet to show up as files. So I uploaded them again . . . Is there usually a time delay for this sort of thingee?

rhb

Richard it takes awhile for files to be approved, sometimes even a few days. Just be patient and we will too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BROG wrote:

rhb

In the meantime, you can upload them to a temporary site and provide a link until the rules are posted in the files section here. If you'd like to, that is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got server space at nonstoptabletop.com and would be happy to host the file. Just message me if you're interested. I would think it would show up on BGG before too long, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BROG wrote:
Files have to be approved by an Admin (unlike images, reviews, etc which are approved by anyone who wants to do so - it takes x number of approvals, I don't remember what x is). As such, it needs an Admin to actually check every one, and that has, in the past, taken even weeks - however, I got a couple of files approved in a couple of days recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,if they're not up in another day or two, perhaps someone providing a pre-link would help . . .we shall see. Thanx

rhb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BROG wrote:
Well,if they're not up in another day or two, perhaps someone providing a pre-link would help . . .we shall see. Thanx

rhb

They're live now. Downloading for a looksy. Thanks again for going to the trouble, Richard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I think we have it twice now! I'll submit a correction to remove the duplicate. (edit, if I could figure out how).

Godzilla Adv Rules v5.0
Godzilla Advanced Rules v5.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumpi Katze
msg tools
And another "Thank you!"

That surprised me/was new for me (in a positive way):

There are no set number of Turns, nor are there any set number of individual Player Rounds, as play among the players tends to be interactive. Each Game-Turn ends when all players have used all their available Energy Points or they have all Passed consecutively
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good except the facing rules don't tell you how it affects a fire attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:

Well, you can't fire at something you can't see . . .so direction is important. I would suggest interpreting this loosely. And it has no effect on the result.

I am eagerly awaiting comments on these rules . . . if they "do the job", and certainly anything that looks amiss. Hope they serve the function of making it clear how easy it is to play . . . and get on with the crash, slash and bash . . .

rhb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BROG wrote:
ioticus wrote:

Well, you can't fire at something you can't see . . .so direction is important. I would suggest interpreting this loosely. And it has no effect on the result.

I am eagerly awaiting comments on these rules . . . if they "do the job", and certainly anything that looks amiss. Hope they serve the function of making it clear how easy it is to play . . . and get on with the crash, slash and bash . . .

rhb

I realize you must see the target to fire, but you need to define the arc of fire. Is it traced along the diagonals of the square or is it along the sides (180 degree fire)?

Also, just so I know if I understand the moment of APCs and tanks, they move after every Kaiju moves, regardless of whether it is the most destructive, it's just that they move toward the most destructive Kaiju (even if it is not moving at the time), correct? This would be a change from your previous ruling that APCs/tanks only move after the most destructive Kaiju.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuckster williams
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you Mr Berg for transforming this floundering turkey into a soaring eagle! I am getting ready to pimp my set out with plastic tanks and APCs. I am also painting my building tiles to give them more texture. Hopefully by Monday I will wreaking havoc throughout some major metropolitan area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
BROG wrote:
ioticus wrote:

rhb

I realize you must see the target to fire, but you need to define the arc of fire. Is it traced along the diagonals of the square or is it along the sides (180 degree fire)?

RHB: I should have avoided this by saying they can see everywhere . . . but let's keep it the way idid and keep the rule - and LOS - fairly flexible and casual. In any case, there is nt that much Ranged Fire in the game . . .

Also, just so I know if I understand the moment of APCs and tanks, they move after every Kaiju moves, regardless of whether it is the most destructive, it's just that they move toward the most destructive Kaiju (even if it is not moving at the time), correct? This would be a change from your previous ruling that APCs/tanks only move after the most destructive Kaiju.

RHB: The tanks/APC are moved (by a player) each time a kaiju comes into their view . . . but they move in the direction of the most destructive kaiju on the board. Hope that clarifies.

rhb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumpi Katze
msg tools
"...but they move in the direction of the most destructive kaiju on the board"

-> but: if there is only the other kaiju visible they will move in his direction!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.