Subject: Game Stores in Seattle area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Cromwell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a hard time finding stores in the seattle area. They must be out there somewhere so I figured I would ask if anyone knew of some here.
The only one that I know of is "Game On" in the south hill mall in puyallup. If anyone could point me toward a store a bit farther noth it would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Just exactly WHERE are you at? Tukwila? Kent? Des Moines? Burien? Bellevue? Bothell? Bremerton? Lynnwood? Edmonds? Kirkland? Woodinville? Renton? Newcastle? Tacoma? Seattle? huh?
Okay, good one there 'eVILE scurryin' critter! I'd say also CHECK out the Yellow pages.
I'd say that 'American Eagles'-Tacoma and 'the Game Matrix'-Lakewood/Tacoma are somewhat closer if you're in SOUTH Kent, while they're in the Phone Book and I happen to have info on this:

The Game Matrix
8610 South Tacoma Way
Lakewood, WA 98499
253-583-9708

I haven't been to the *NEW* location for this so I haven't any idea of what they have on hand, although I know that 'A.E.'-Tacoma usually has quite a seleciton. Check them out for Gaming Groups too when you go on the 'bulletin boards' or just 'ask'.
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Cromwell
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info,

More specifically I live in north kent and a co-worker also interested lives in south renton.

I will have to drive out to a few of those shops and see what they are like. Is there any chance you know of any in kent/renton/tukwila area?

Anyway thanks again for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
There's an American Eagles on Lake City Way in north Seattle - lot'so hex & counter games w/some Euro style games. Model trains in the basement! There's a place in Greenwood that I forget the name of that's good. Also, it's not a brick & mortar store, but Boards & Bits (boardsandbits.com) has $6 Fed Ex shipping to the Seattle area, which is hard to beat. I received my last order the day after I ordered it - for six bucks! Customer service is very good, as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
The place on Greenwood is called Gary's Games. They have a superb selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Connors
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Genesis Games & Gizmoes is a solid store a bit north of you -- it's in the middle of Redmond. Just a few blocks away is Coyote Games, also another good store, so you could easily hit both in a single drive.

Another source would be ordering games from Gamefest (www.gamefest.com) and picking them up at the warehouse in Issaquah. While you don't get the fancy storefront, you do get some great prices and good service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genesis games and gizmos (right next to Bella Bottega movie theater) has board game night every tuesday at 6pm. I go there.

Redmond Town Center has Uncle's Games, which has a board game night on fridays at 7pm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls