Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a call from a friend and checked it on their website from the 1st of July there is now a Outpost Gaming Center in Ostend as well.

Hooray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here's the link to their address in Ostend:
http://www.outpost.be/website/index.php?option=com_content&v...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a friend of mine visited it today and there wasn't really much to see yet he said. I will wait a couple of weeks before a visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still, that's in your neighborhood. Maybe I'll have to make a trip to check it out too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome to come
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy vercruysse
Belgium
bredene
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Do you not see?
badge
That if you kill him with the pill from the till by making with it the drug in the jug, you need not light the candle with the handle on the gâteau from the château.
mbmbmbmbmb
yesterday i went to the center. it was their second day on that location. i talked a little with one of the shopkeepers (very friendly) who gave me the tour. they have a front room for playing card- and boardgames and a backroom for lan gaming. in the backroom a few more tables will come for card and board gaming. no demo games where yet available until maybe monday. the register wasnt fully working, so every price i wanted to know they had to call one of the other stores.

pros:
nearby location
friendly staff
nice rooms with big tables

cons:
difficult place to find parking
no price tags, so you have to ask prices on every item
no roleplaying games
almost all of the same games as other local gaming shops

i will go back this week for a second opinion, butt it looks promising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
De Waey Joeri
Belgium
Oostende
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming center in my hometown, great!!! Have to check it out ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the quick impressions, andy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy vercruysse
Belgium
bredene
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Do you not see?
badge
That if you kill him with the pill from the till by making with it the drug in the jug, you need not light the candle with the handle on the gâteau from the château.
mbmbmbmbmb
OUTPOST Ostend has closed its doors already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
andy wrote:
Sad, but if it was anything like Outpost Antwerp I can think of a couple of reasons why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Segers
Belgium
Brecht
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
andy wrote:
Sad, but if it was anything like Outpost Antwerp I can think of a couple of reasons why.

Such as? I'm just curious, I don't often visit the Outpost shops (I find that you can't easily browse the available products, and there's too much noise/stuff going on), and do most of my shopping on-line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rocketman wrote:
I find that you can't easily browse the available products
That's the least you can say. Everything is behind a counter, you have to ask to see it and you even have to ask the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
The Rocketman wrote:
I find that you can't easily browse the available products
That's the least you can say. Everything is behind a counter, you have to ask to see it and you even have to ask the price.
Exactly. Utterly annoying and even insulting : you're almost treated as if they didn't lock down those games you're more than likely going to steal them.

I've driven past the Outpost shop in Ghent a couple of times recently, but didn't bother to stop because of that experience I had in Antwerp. All my retail money is going to the Spelfanaat in Leuven, a very welcoming, well-lit place with good vibes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Outpost is not a shop, it's a cybercafe and a meeting place for gamers. If you want to shop, go to a shop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy vercruysse
Belgium
bredene
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Do you not see?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krommenaas wrote:
Outpost is not a shop, it's a cybercafe and a meeting place for gamers. If you want to shop, go to a shop
then you can say the same thing about them. If you want to sell games, be a shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's just an extra service to visitors. they also sell pizzas, so are you also gonna compare them to an Italian restaurant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy vercruysse
Belgium
bredene
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Do you not see?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krommenaas wrote:
it's just an extra service to visitors. they also sell pizzas, so are you also gonna compare them to an Italian restaurant?
i dont care if they are a cybercafe/pizzaplace. the thing i care about is, if i want to buy a game, you have to ask to see the game, then you have to ask the price. if the price is not for your liking, you have to give it back, with a not so friendly anymore store clerk behind the counter. then you have to ask for the next game that you would like to see/buy, ...
our point: put the games on a shelf so everyone can take the games he/she wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Delforge
Belgium
Kapellen, Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmb
krommenaas wrote:
Better be good at one thing than be shit at a lot of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All this doesn't matter anymore. The Outpost no longer exists in Oostende. Had to found out the hard way cause there still exists a link to outpost oostende : http://www.outpost.be/website/index.php?option=com_outpostsh...soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
All my retail money is going to the Spelfanaat in Leuven, a very welcoming, well-lit place with good vibes
Good choice. The Spelfanaat know how to sell games: a good selection, neatly displayed, some extra "new" or "world top 10" labels, friendly staff who offer great advice when asked, and leave you to browse at your leisure when not, regular gamenights where you can try before you buy, and anything they don't have, they try their best to order. By far the best game shopping experience I've had in Belgium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Pol. Do you know what king of shipping costs they (spelfanaat) charge for a package in Belgium (Ichtegem) for lets say a medium sized gamebox ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Peter,

Je kan hen beter direct contacteren: leuven@spelfanaat.be of voor de winkel van Mechelen: mechelen@spelfanaat.be

Vergeet niet dat het eigenlijk 2 verschillende winkels zijn. (voor zover ik weet)

mvg,

Lieven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
boedha wrote:
Hi Pol. Do you know what king of shipping costs they (spelfanaat) charge for a package in Belgium (Ichtegem) for lets say a medium sized gamebox ?
No idea, I usually go down there myself. I'm more of a window shopper. I love the feeling of browsing boardgames, and finding new stuff I never even heard of.

As said above, just contact them directly, they are usually very friendly and respond quickly to questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lievendp wrote:
Hey Peter,

Je kan hen beter direct contacteren: leuven@spelfanaat.be of voor de winkel van Mechelen: mechelen@spelfanaat.be

Vergeet niet dat het eigenlijk 2 verschillende winkels zijn. (voor zover ik weet)

mvg,

Lieven
Dat zal ik dan maar doen zeker aangezien Leuven toch wel wat ver weg is van de kust. Hoop maar dat het niet zoiets wordt alla 'voor Combat Commander is dat +- 5Eur en zal ik het dan maar bestellen voor u'. Want daar heb ik een hekel aan yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coene Peter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:

No idea, I usually go down there myself. I'm more of a window shopper. I love the feeling of browsing boardgames, and finding new stuff I never even heard of.

Thats my prefered method of buying too !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |