Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to alert those on the east side of Cincinnati that Gateway Games & More has opened at 960 Kennedy's Landing just east of the Golden Corral in Eastgate. Visited the store yesterday and the gaming was active. Nice, bright, airy shop. Owners very friendly.

The store is open now, but the official grand opening is July 8-9. Door prizes and costume contest.

http://www.facebook.com/GatewayGames

RPGs and boardgames, primarily. Since there are some other miniatures games shops within a few miles, the owners are seeking to hit those left out of that focus. More power to 'em.

(Not affiliated with the store—just an eastside Cincy gamer who wants to help it prosper!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill J
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Thank you for posting this! I am an eastside gamer who has become a little reluctant to make the trek to other area game stores simply because gas is so expensive. I cannot wait to check this place out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Russell
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this place lasts longer than the one that "opened" in Milford last year. I bet I went by there a dozen times and it seemed to be not open all the time. Not sure what those people were thinking. Lot of work starting a business. Hope this one makes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theatre steve wrote:
Hope this place lasts longer than the one that "opened" in Milford last year. I bet I went by there a dozen times and it seemed to be not open all the time. Not sure what those people were thinking. Lot of work starting a business. Hope this one makes it.

The one in Milford on 28 near Tong's Thai is still there, mostly catering to the Warhammer crowd.

http://www.eastsidegamesncards.com/

Note that some game stores have nontraditional hours, often running 3 p.m. to midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richards
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
I just wanted to drop into this conversation to give a bit more information such as:

Store Hours
Mon: Closed
Tue: 3pm-9pm
Wed: 3pm-9pm
Thu; 3pm-9pm
Fri: 3pm-10pm
Sat: 12pm-10pm
Sun: 12pm-6pm

There are two Meetup.com groups that meet at the store. The first is a Boardgame Group that meets every week, alternating between Fridays at 6pm and Saturdays at 2pm. (This week is Saturday at 2pm.) The other is an RPG Group that meets on the third Sunday of each month. We just had our most recent meetup, The next is scheduled for Sept. 18 with Hollow Earth Expedition and The One Ring currently scheduled to be played.

Also! Every Wednesday night is D&D Encounters, every other Wednesday is HeroClix, and every other Friday night is Pathfinder Society! There are constantly things being scheduled, and some periodic special events and sales as well.

Now is the time that I explain that no, I do not work for the store and no I am not related to the owners. As a matter of fact, I only met the owners for the first time when the opened the store. I am just that blown away by how great they are to the community and how supportive they are to gamers of all kinds. You owe it to yourself to stop out and experience the great time that is to be had at Gateway Games & More!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Bunn
United States
Carlisle
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Just a quick update to the hours listed above... we are now also open on Mondays from 3-9.

Thanks

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls