Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justun Chan
Canada
Richmond / Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I'l be going to SF in a couple weeks and hoping to pick up some games. What's the cheapest/best place?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real choice now in SF is Gamescape, but I wouldn't particularly recommend it - selection is decent, but the prices are MSRP and the staff doesn't really know much about board games (more about RPGs and CCGs).

If you can get to oakland, I'd recommend Endgame. I also hear good things about Eudemonia but I've never been there.

I also really like Black Diamond Games out in Concord, but that's a little ways (~30 miles) from SF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Vondra
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stumbled into a great little shop in San Rafael while driving from Corvallis to SF just about a week ago. We stopped just to stretch our legs, and while walking up the main drag I spotted games in a window.We stopped in to browse a bit and watched an employee spend nearly a half hour helping out a woman who had no idea about games outside of the big box store offerings. Still had about an hour/hour and a half to go (via 101) before hitting SF however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lisa smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
The only real choice now in SF is Gamescape, but I wouldn't particularly recommend it - selection is decent, but the prices are MSRP and the staff doesn't really know much about board games (more about RPGs and CCGs).

If you can get to oakland, I'd recommend Endgame. I also hear good things about Eudemonia but I've never been there.

I also really like Black Diamond Games out in Concord, but that's a little ways (~30 miles) from SF.

Both endgame in oakland and games of berkeley (in berkeley of course) are right near subway stops so it's easy to check them out from SF

Eudemonia is mostly CCG's although they have a sale table of euros.

Black diamond. gamescape, and Endgame have a used game section. Endgame's is larger (although still not huge for Euros)

Endgame and games of berkeley have lots of books I've never looked at them but I would guess they are RPG (or maybe minature rules?)

Endgame is my favorite of the four stores mentioned (gamescape, black diamond, games of berkeley, and endgame)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
That was probably the Gamescape in San Rafael, which I've heard good things about, but have never been to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Plunk
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If down south, try Game Kastle (San Jose) and Gator Games (San Mateo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jos
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
great selection at endgame. and it's only 2 subway stops beyond the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dayton
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cooler king wrote:
I stumbled into a great little shop in San Rafael while driving from Corvallis to SF just about a week ago. We stopped just to stretch our legs, and while walking up the main drag I spotted games in a window.We stopped in to browse a bit and watched an employee spend nearly a half hour helping out a woman who had no idea about games outside of the big box store offerings. Still had about an hour/hour and a half to go (via 101) before hitting SF however.

Gamescape North?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls