Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been 4+ months since the last Canadian Math Trade, and with the postal strike finally over, what better time to try another coast-to-coast math trade.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: Postal Strike Over - A Canadian Math Trade

Request GeekList: Postal Strike Over - A Canadian Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Monday July 11th (12:00 AM EDT) to Saturday July 16th (10:00 AM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Saturday July 16th (10:00 AM EDT) to Monday July 18th (10:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100 METRIC=USERS-TRADING

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Saturday, July 16th, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Monday, July 18th, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
%End%

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/69618-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/69618-results-official.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 6 WANTS (1%) FROM 2 USER(s) (2.8%):
# kenhcwoo (4)
# Many (2)

Num trades = 118 of 544 items (21.7%)

Users Trading = 55
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil ...but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is this reserved for Canada only listers or do you just have to be willing to ship to anywhere in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thoia wrote:
Is this reserved for Canada only listers or do you just have to be willing to ship to anywhere in Canada?

It's for traders that either live in Canada OR have a Canadian address that they can receive games at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lo Ma
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not Canadian so won't be part of this math trade, but congratulations to you all for surviving a postal strike!!!

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited, thanks for starting this MT! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered some games from fungamescafe on the weekend and behold, delay notice from Canada post due to backlog. is this math trade too soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ececec wrote:
I ordered some games from fungamescafe on the weekend and behold, delay notice from Canada post due to backlog. is this math trade too soon?

I'm not too worried. By the time the math trade is over and people start shipping their games, the postal strike will have been over for almost a month so most of their backlog should be cleared out by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ececec wrote:

I've started receiving stuff shipped after the strike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
manchuwok wrote:
ececec wrote:

I received a game today that was shipped after the strike.

Moreover, a real sign that the strike is over: my mailbox was full of junk mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ccmonter wrote:

Moreover, a real sign that the strike is over: my mailbox was full of junk mail.

Ah the true sign.. all is well in postal land then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manchuwok wrote:
ececec wrote:

I had some stuff shipped to me during and just after the strike but haven't received any of it yet. Hopefully soon then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm still missing some mail, but was told that the CanadaPost backlog should be cleared by the end of this week. If so, this trade will be hitting just at the right time...

Edit: And some of the "missing" mail arrived today. Good sign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christopher_the_fehn wrote:
I had some stuff shipped to me during and just after the strike but haven't received any of it yet. Hopefully soon then!

Immediately after the strike ended, two people sent me games. One from Vancouver, and one from Ontario. One made it to the U.S. in 2 days, and the other in 4 days. I'm a bit surprised that your stuff is still sitting in the queue.

Anyway, enjoy your math trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 2 more days to get your game submissions in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 1 more day to get your game submissions in. Deadline is tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Only 1 more day to get your game submissions in. Deadline is tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM EDT.

Any bets on how many people will be surprised, having assumed the list was open until 10pm?

A pretty good list overall though. Not sure things are going to work out well for me, as most items I want don't match well with the values of what I'm offering... but there is no lack of decent content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now open for wantlist submissions. The deadline is Monday July 18th @ 10:00 PM EDT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I was at the cottage this week, so I just missed this one! Got back mid-afternoon, noticed the list was here, flagged it, and was going to add my entries tonight.

Ah, well, next time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still missing wantlists from exactly 50% of the participants. Current trade percentage is almost 14% (see interim results at the top of this thread).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick R
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already submitted a want-list, but if I make edits to it, can I still resubmit before tonight's deadline?

I realized I neglected to take all of the duplicates into consideration, so I only added one copy of certain games, even though multiples were available. I wasn't aware of the duplicate protection measures at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With a little more than 11 hours to go we're still missing wants from 8 participants.

Interim update posted at the top of the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Pope wrote:
I've already submitted a want-list, but if I make edits to it, can I still resubmit before tonight's deadline?

I realized I neglected to take all of the duplicates into consideration, so I only added one copy of certain games, even though multiples were available. I wasn't aware of the duplicate protection measures at the time.

Yes you can re-submit as many times as you want until tonight's deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted! Hope for a high trade rate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.