Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bronson Barnhart
United States
South Haven
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hello.
I am visiting family in California. Visalia/Exeter to be exact. Where is the closest LGS I can point them to?

I brought Fluxx to break the ice as I was not sure if they would like "Gaming". It was a hit. I also brought Catan. We were to busy to play, but my one sister has played it already and LOVES it! So now I am trying to addict the rest of my family. Funny. My one sister is like me, loves games, but has a hard time finding people to play with. I thought I was the only one in the family.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Perez
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only game store I knew in that area is Pwner Games. Not sure if they are still there. Fresno has game stores but it's a little over an hour from there (North). Going the other direction there are game stores also in Bakersfield, also more than an hour away in the other direction (South).

Although there are always gaming events there plus Thursday's is boardgame night and once a month there is a big boardgame meetup there. If you are looking for people to play with or more about what's going on in the valley, a lot of us in the local community have setup a valley gamer's forum:

http://www.cvgamers.com/

Wish I could be of more help.

-Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pwner Games has closed it's doors. There is a game store opening soon in downtown called GameQore. It's on Main St. between Mike's Quality Cameras and the Record Store at 107 E. Main St.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xiren wrote:
Hello.
I am visiting family in California. Visalia/Exeter to be exact. Where is the closest LGS I can point them to?

I brought Fluxx to break the ice as I was not sure if they would like "Gaming". It was a hit. I also brought Catan. We were to busy to play, but my one sister has played it already and LOVES it! So now I am trying to addict the rest of my family. Funny. My one sister is like me, loves games, but has a hard time finding people to play with. I thought I was the only one in the family.

Thanks in advance.

If you asked here http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/101/boardgamegeek/west you might hit more people who know the answer. They can suggest places where you sister can game, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls