Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume in a city as large as Athens there is gaming. I am going to be there from 7/16 -7/26.

So I was wondering:

Are there any conventions going on?
Are there any gaming stores that would have a good stock of Eurogames that would be hard to get in the US?
Are there any gaming stores that have an open board game night that have gamers who speak English? (my Greek is very rusty)

I will be in the Ana-illioupoli (sorry for buthering that) section of Athens?

Just wondering.
Henry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Τhe cave you fear holds the treasure you seek.
badge
My lucky number is four billion. That doesn't come in real handy when you're gambling. "Come on, four billion! Darn! Seven. Not even close. I need more dice." Mitch Hedberg
mbmb
Hi Henry! Hang on while I connect you to the Greek Guild

and a game store just opened in Ilioupoli
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Ps
Greece
Athens(ilioupoli) and Heraklion(crete)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes we have a store which name is kaissa at ilioupoli. i am leaving in ilioupoli so if you want something just let me know. . we have every monday boardgame night there but you can go there anytime you want to meet people and play. I believe all know some english, so feel comfortable wherever you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis Zinoviadis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Always be running!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that he is living not "leaving" in Ilioupoli.

KALI MERA! (good morning)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Nikolaou
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lukas4 wrote:
Are there any gaming stores that would have a good stock of Eurogames that would be hard to get in the US?
I believe that everything is harder to find here than in the US. Most stores carry small stock and order only enough new games for the regulars. Some games from European publishers, though, such as Dixit are more easily available.

Plus there are many Greek translations that make the english versions obsolete, which probably don't interest you.

Without wanting to advertise a particular store, you can check the games a typical store holds here:
www.kaissagames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls