Raynham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lasers!
badge
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I'll be moving soon (like, in a week) to Taunton, Mass. (from Rhode Island)...i was wondering what gaming stores anyone might know about in that area.

I saw mention in the "game stores in cape cod" thread ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea... ) that there's one in Bridgewater, which i know will only be a few exits up the highway...are there any others that are closer?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gee, and I thought I knew everyone in RI... blush

Not only is Scholar's the pre-eminent game store in the area, but they also sponsor a regular gaming session at Cole Hall (just around the corner) every Friday night. It's well worth the short trip up from Taunton.

In case you're not aware of Unity Games, here are some links:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/unity_games/

http://www.unitygames.org/

Good luck with the move!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you join Unity Games list, tell that to Dave T., the owner of Scholars, and he will give you a great discount on game purchases!
By the way, Scholars is in Bridgewater center where Rts. 104, 18 & 28 all meet.
ScottH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live down in Middletown, RI, but work in Taunton, so I would be interested in game stores in that area too. Also, if anyone is looking to hook up for some gaming that would be great too!

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Romaniecki
United States
Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a stange group that meets in S. Attleboro on Tuesday nights. Its called 'Guy Stuff Gaming'. Look for it on the Unity game message board.

There is an old guy there that keeps talking about things that happened thirty years ago. snore

What ganes ae you looking to play? I live in Attleboro near the Noton line.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What ganes ae you looking to play? I live in Attleboro near the Noton line.
Quote:

I am into old Avalon Hill board games, like History of the World, Britania, King Maker, and Civ. The newer "Euro" style games are of interest and I have been picking some of them up lately to try. I also enjoy wargames, and have been itching to try Europe Engulfed, Age of Napoleon, and Paths of Glory. I am currently playing a World in Flames game at my place. That game pretty much sucks up the limited time my friends have, so finding more fellow gamers would be a good thing indeed. You can check out the games I own. Most I would be willing to play.

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy VanSchalkwyk
United States
Raynham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lasers!
badge
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:
I live down in Middletown, RI, but work in Taunton

I'm actually about to become the opposite... I work in Middletown, RI, and i'm moving to Taunton (from Warren, RI).

Thanks for all the input everyone, i do appreciate it...i checked out that Scholar's place online, and i believe i know where it is in bridgewater... (my soon-to-be-wife just graduated from Bridgewater State College, so i think i've passed it several times without realizing it! )

Jeremy

ps: yes...moving this month, then getting married next month...i'm keeping busy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm actually about to become the opposite... I work in Middletown, RI, and i'm moving to Taunton (from Warren, RI).
Quote:

We will have to trade jobs, so we can save on the commute! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Edwards
United States
South Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest secret agent in the world!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, (although I believe I already touched base with Jeremy about this before) there's a group of us that meet in South Attleboro on Tuesday nights for gaming. We also occasionally do an all day Saturday session (for the longer meatier type games).

Phil and Bill are regulars (well Phil is a regular, Bill hasn't been regular in 10 years, but he's upping his fiber intake so it may all come out okay in the end).

So if you're interested in gaming (we do mostly Euro stuff), shower regularly, and are available on Tuesday nights, send me a private message and I'll email you the details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls