Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, so many of you know the drill by now:

Gamers North of Manchester England (GNOME) are holding another of our famous and increasingly popular all-dayers on Sunday 18th September 2011 at St Mary's Church Hall, Horwich. Access to the car park is from Richmond st (BL6 5QT for you Satnavvies). Doors open at 10:30AM 11AM and we need to be out by 11PM.

As previously, we have the hall to ourselves and the bar is open from 12 Noon to 11PM. There are shops and takeaways within easy walk but we will be providing some light grub at around 6PM to keep you going.

Everyone is welcome of course, from newbies to old hands and including kids (so long as they are gamers and not run-around-and-knock-things-over-ers). Bring your own games or come and play ours. Over 70 gamers turned up last time (despite an emergency change of venues, promise it won't happen again this time) and there is a genuinely friendly atmosphere.

Entry is £3 (£1 for under 16s) which includes free hotpot/soup at 6:00PM. There is no such thing as a free lunch, but consider this a free tea (or free dinner for any soft Southerners out there).

Anyway...

Please post below if you are interested in coming, it really helps the planning. Also, let everyone know if there is anything special you will be bringing or would like to play.

If you have never been, you can get a feel for what the day will be like by checking out the lists from last time, Sep '10, March '10, March '09 and Sep '08..

Hope to see you there.

Definites as at 16/09/11:
Boltongeordie + kids
Ben_Tyrer
Sygnar
Battlepuppy +1
Polydor
4x Baldowskis
Adam
Mantuanwar + son
stejames + 2
solove + 4
Bluekingzog + up to 2
halucinagen + 3
pete_darby + 2-3
Phoenixgeek +2
Hopalong
Pallet Ranger
Bandwagon
Moviebuffs + Mum of Meeple
Tubbietech + 1
WillieJJ
V1XT3R + 2
7 from Wigan
Whitecrow +2
Helixx + Chris
Rhox + Porkpie
Get Earthworm +1-2
billw147
HairyDogWalker
1in36
Redessa +2
Darkskies + Vinnie 3009
Chooi
Grimwold+LordB4Me

Possibles/Probables:
Slev
Muzzaro + partner
Schkff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (UK) Bolton - All-day gaming Sunday 18th September 2011, 10:30AM until late - she was only the telegraph operator's daughter, but she di-dit, di-dit, di-dit; she was only the fishmonger's daughter, but she lay on the slab and said fillet.
Possible, although I had plans the day before IIRC, so I'll have to see what state I'm in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: (UK) Bolton - All-day gaming Sunday 18th September 2011, 10:30AM until late - she was only the telegraph operator's daughter, but she di-dit, di-dit, di-dit; she was only the fishmonger's daughter, but she lay on the slab and said fillet.
She was only an admiral's daughter, but her naval area was always full of discharged seamen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william riley
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She was only a Farmer's daughter, but she knew hundreds of ways to fertilize.

Posted on Wigan forums to see who is interested-
http://wigan-wargames.co.uk/wiganwargames//forum_posts.asp?T...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.lotsofjokes.com/she_was_only.asp
http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/dancannon/jokes/Sex/She_Was...

and finally

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060616190626AA...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barton
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tyrer
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sygnar wrote:
I'm there.
You'll have a long wait....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben_Tyrer wrote:
Sygnar wrote:
I'm there.
You'll have a long wait....
He can stop them as wot has double booked from getting in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlepuppy + 1 more again pls.

Ta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another definite date for my diary. Look forward to seeing the usual suspects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there.

Coming from Lancaster just up the road. I may have a car full of people too. But I'll update you on that in a few days to let you know how many.

Is there anything I need to bring, arrange or can do for you guys to help out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see how much it costs to get there from Wolves on the train, otherwise I'd like to go. I can bring U-Build Monopoly! yuk

Will there be 'gamers wives' going too? Might bring my partner along, maybe see if I can get her into other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muzzaro wrote:
I'll see how much it costs to get there from Wolves on the train, otherwise I'd like to go. I can bring U-Build Monopoly! yuk

Will there be 'gamers wives' going too? Might bring my partner along, maybe see if I can get her into other games.
There are usually a few 'gamers wives' there, though most happen to be gamers that are female and attached to gamers that are male, rather than the stereotypical gamers wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrees M
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well she likes Pandemic and such, so I can always bring pandemic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
catty_ big
United Kingdom
London (sort of)
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Titles getting a bit saucy aren't they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will come for second time with my son Lawrence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste James
United Kingdom
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys, I will be there - will hopefully bring a couple of gamers with me.

looking forward to seeing you all there - but may see you sooner at Stoke on Trent on 20th August.

Ste

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ste: only going to stoke for saturday? I'll be there just for the sunday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Christian and I will be definites and we may even have the rest of the family in tow (wife & 2 other children).

For those people bringing older children, do any of you have YuGiOh players? My boys will be bringing decks with them and would like to battle people they've never played before.

See you all there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
halucinagen wrote:
Is there anything I need to bring, arrange or can do for you guys to help out?
Nope, an idea of numbers always helps with the food but otherwise just turn up.

solove wrote:
For those people bringing older children, do any of you have YuGiOh players? My boys will be bringing decks with them and would like to battle people they've never played before.
Mine aren't I am afraid.

Muzzaro wrote:
I am sure there will be other people there who have not played too many games. It is always a friendly atmosphere and people are usually happy to teach the rules to anybody, so whe would be very welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, I am afraid that owing to unforseen circumstances we will not be able to open the doors till 11AM. That is an extra half an hour in bed for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me + upto 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Batjilma and I are expecting a third little Fallows some time around the end of August, so I am thinking that the 18th September might just be long enough after for it to be acceptable for me to get a day pass, and Mike Smith has kindly offered a lift this year... count me as a definite maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to you and Batjilma, Jimi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |