Subject: Session Report: Fatal Decision rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
We knew we were in a dangerous spot when our truck turned the corner. Already you could see the fire breaching through the roof, and clear signs of three explosions spreading across the building along an axis beginning in the southwest corner of the building and extending to the northeast corner. From our intel we knew we had 10 victims inside. Hazardous materials were scattered throughout the building adding to the danger and numerous hot spots which could flare up and create havoc for our rescue and fire suppression efforts.

The first squad to enter the building was a veteran team composed of the CAFS firefighter paired closely with an Engineer working their way towards the center of the building from the south entrance. The Hazmat Technician entered from the west entrance to remove hazardous materials that were left in a corner in the entryway room. The plan was to focus our efforts on the fire and nearby combustibles and move towards unidentified points of interest and find rescue victims. After controlling the fire and reducing smoke a rescue team would come in and remove victims to the waiting ambulance.

The initial assault started well as the CAFS led the way into the building and put out a large fire in the dining room. The engineer followed behind exterminating hot spots and reducing the chances of flare ups occurring in the area. The Hazmat technician cleared her first hazardous material and proceeded through a north door to reveal two unconscious victims in the adjoining room. The CAF decided to move ahead and entered the bathroom with the Hazmat Technician through a hallway as smoke and fire were beginning to build inside the room with the victim. The Engineer continued to identify and remove hot spots in the north room.

We had cleared a majority of fire and smoke from the west half of the building when a fateful discussion occurred. "We need to move directly through the center of the building and start clearing the fire on the east side." The CAFS stated.

Agreement was not on the other two firefighter's faces, the Engineer spoke first, "I think we should carry these victims out now, we are close to the ambulance and the exit."
"Your breaking protocol, the victims are in no immediate danger and we are losing control of the fire on the other side of the building!" answered the CAFS. The Engineer paused for a moment and then retorted, "I don't have any hot spots to remove on this side and I would have to wait for you to clear the fire before I could work. I can carry one of the victims out and then send the Driver with the fire truck over to the east side of the building to use the deck gun."

"Fine," replied the CAF, "but I need the Hazmat Tech to accompany me and help put out this fire before we lose control of it." There was a moment of hesitation among the group with all eyes falling on the Hazmat Tech, "I'll carry out the other victim and follow up right behind you." replied the Hazmat Tech. An exasperated CAFS just shook her head and ended the discussion with, "This is a mistake." and immediately turned to go into the building towards the fire.

It was in the moments after this when a wave of flare ups occurred in east section of the building, ripping through the building and causing a series of explosions. The structure seemed to shift as the concussion of the blast tore through the hallway. Two victims were engulfed in flames and returned to their maker in the blaze.

Knowing that others were still inside needing rescue, the Engineer carried his victim out, exiting the building and sent the Driver with the fire truck around to use the deck water gun on the endangered east side of the building.

The Hazmat Technician cleared the building and dropped the victim off at the waiting ambulance and safety. The Hazmat Tech immediately raced back inside to assist the CAFS who was slowly working her way into the center hallway fighting the existing fire and desperately trying to work towards an area of exposed hazardous materials at the end of the hall dangerously close to the spreading fire.

But it was too late. The Hazmat Technician entered the central hallway just as another series of flare ups occurred detonating the hazardous materials in the hallway and causing a number of secondary explosions throughout the east side of the building. The CAFS was swallowed by the fire as the successive explosions blew out the remaining walls in the adjoining rooms. It was too much for the structure to bear and the building collapsed in an inferno taking the CAFS firefighter, Hazmat Technician and five more victims down with it.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Which one were you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Nice! Which one were you?

I played the Engineer, then switched roles to the Driver/Operator and tried to get the Fire Truck around before the collapse occurred. My two girls played the CAFS and Hazmat Technician. Putting together a session report with a much happier ending, hope to have it posted soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! This looks like a terrific game. Are you a play tester?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:
Excellent! This looks like a terrific game. Are you a play tester?

Yes, I had the good fortune of being asked to be a part of this game's development and really enjoyed the experience. If you have any questions about the rules or how they developed please feel free to ask!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls