Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and Two GirlsMicrobadge: I love Turkey!Microbadge: Wargamer of 40+ yearsMicrobadge: RadioactiveMicrobadge: Scientist
Re: The best solitaire option from the Blue & Gray series
I used this game to teach new wargamers, the simple Confederate choices made their play easier as they saw how the rules work together. It is also easy to 'handicap' the game by giving the Union less, or more, units to move each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Grateful Dead fanMicrobadge: Great Battles of History fanMicrobadge: Star Fleet Battles fanMicrobadge: Warhammer Fantasy Battle fanMicrobadge: Space Empires: 4X fan
Quote:
in the era of ABBA and the BeeGees
the Bee Gees never went away Peter

i swear to you there is a copy of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack sitting right here next to my laptop. Give it try. Disco still lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: GrognardMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Wargamer of 50+ years
Another excellent review, Pete - I see a game room strewn with small Civil War games in my magic mirror (I still haven't completely cleared up my 4th of July week games). blush

I always found this game and Antietam very frustrating to play with the unit movement restrictions. I wasn't until later when I was working on my degree and reading up on these battles that they made sense. Strangely enough the feature, along with the manageable size and simple rules, is what makes these both good solitaire games.cool

What's next? You're getting me primed to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Napoleonic 20 fan - FrenchMicrobadge: SPI fanMicrobadge: Victory Point Games fanMicrobadge: Game Designers' WorkshopMicrobadge: Winter War fan
I just played the game 2 weekends ago.a Reb victory.

It was at least 10 years since I played that folio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kulkis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: WargamerMicrobadge: I play submarine gamesMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran

Quote:
i swear to you there is a copy of the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack sitting right here next to my laptop. Give it try. Disco still lives.

Crackey McCracken needs to lay of the crack pipe.

Quote:
wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls