Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I travel a lot, I check the FLGS of the USA thread often, and since this store is barely mentioned there, I thought I'd post this thread.

Myriad Games is near the airport and mall. I just happened to see it from the highway and decided to check it out. The meeple sticker in the front window was a good sign, so I stepped inside...

The selection at Myriad is truly impressive. All of the current hot games were there, plus a lot of harder to find titles. When was the last time you saw a shelf of DVG games? Well, I saw it at Myriad Games. They also had more expansions than I've ever seen in a brick and mortar store, such as: Pitchar (and Mini) extensions, Space Hulk Death Angel decks, a ton of Battlelore expansions and even Battlelore dice, Battle of Westeros flags, and the new Railways of the World event deck (which I picked up). When I asked about the RotW Card Game expansion, the clerk immediately looked it up and said that yes, it was out, but they were having a hard time getting it.

There is also gaming space in the back, and on my next business trip to Manchester I intend to check out the Tuesday night gaming. They also enter new customers in a game drawing and I overheard something about a loyalty program or discount card.

If you live in the area, you're lucky to have this store, and if you happen to visit, it's worth a stop. It's one of those stores where, even though it's full retail price and I had limited game funds and luggage space, I felt like I just had to buy something to support them. Lucky for me, they just happened to have something small and cheap that I was looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fyi, they have 2 locations, manchester and salem, manchester i hear is the bigger one (i've only been to the one in salem)

sadly as you mentioned they charge full msrp. also sadly, at least at the salem location, board gaming in store is non-existent... I went once to a schedule sunday afternoon event that was well advertised... i was the only one to show, luckily played a couple games with the employees. then the 3 hours were over and they had the ccg, etc kids show up... that's these stores bread and butter

ironically i've in winter park florida right now just 2 or 3 miles from www.coolstuffinc.com retail store.. one that actually discounts, pretty good discounts as anyone who has bought from them online. they too have lots of tables for gaming and wednesday night is board game night. sadly even though there were 7 or so of us there for board gaming, it was still overrun by believe it or not about 30 magic the gathering players.

btw don't forget to update the flgs of the usa wiki page to link to your thread here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls