4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Looking for game shops in NY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Parker
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi! I'm going to New York for a short trip and I would like to find any gamer shop to make some shopping downtown during a saturday afternoon. Does anybody know any (adress, metro line...) I will appreciate any helpful information. Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
The Compleat Strategist at 33rd and 5th. It's got very solidly stocked shelves. The guys who work there let you browse by yourself, but they're very helpful if you have a question to ask. I've never wanted an in-print game and not been able to find it there. It's also right by the Empire State Building, if hitting places like that up while on vacation is your type of thing.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What usually happens in the "game stores in NYC" threads is that someone suggests the Compleat Strategist (http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/) and someone else counters that it's way too expensive and you should order online.

The Compleat Strategist is a fun store to browse at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Ksenzakovic
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Knight wrote:
What usually happens in the "game stores in NYC" threads is that someone suggests the Compleat Strategist (http://www.thecompleatstrategist.com/) and someone else counters that it's way too expensive and you should order online.

The Compleat Strategist is a fun store to browse at least.

They do have a decent clearence section and there is something to be said for walking into a store and having some good conversation with a fellow gamer (I have had plenty of those at Compleat) and walking out of the shop with a sought after game or the occasional rare find of an out of print title (still at retail)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls