Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that we are bringing Australian Games Expo tournaments to Melbourne on the 12th and 13th of November. We have just been advised by the Celtic Club that they had a conflicting booking on the 6th which has not been put in the books so we have shifted the Tournaments to the following weekend 12 & 13 November.

This is Settlers of Catan, Stone Age, Dominion and Carcassonne. The venue is the Celtic Club in Melbourne CBD.

We will also bring the games library down for open gaming on Saturday evening.

We are still sorting out online registration but thought a heads up would be appreciated so you can put it in your diaries if this is something you would like to attend.

All details are at http://www.ozge.com.au/melbourne.php.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Australian Games Expo Tournaments - 12 & 13 November
We encourage full support of locals on this weekend. Due to rescheduling, EuroGames Fest Melbourne will run as normal in November. We will also make available our games library to supplement that of your available stock of games for open gaming.

= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * =
First and Third Sunday of every month
Time: 10am till 6pm
Venue: Melbourne Bridge Club
30 Cotham Rd KEW (Upstairs)
$4.00 entry fee*
Tea & Coffee making facilities available

= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * =
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Re: Australian Games Expo Tournaments - 5 & 6 November
No games where I get to blow shit up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Solomon,

Thanks for that. The more games the merrier!

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clownarama wrote:
Solomon,

Thanks,

Charles
I've had already had feedback from one of our more active members asking for the open gaming to also happen Sunday. From my knowledge of the Celtic Club and it's hosting of local board gaming groups, I would not expect that to be a problem. Would be appreciative if you could follow this up as it may have a very positive impact with other general support for your event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Moose_Head wrote:
Clownarama wrote:
Solomon,

Thanks,

Charles
I've had already had feedback from one of our more active members asking for the open gaming to also happen Sunday. From my knowledge of the Celtic Club and it's hosting of local board gaming groups, I would not expect that to be a problem. Would be appreciative if you could follow this up as it may have a very positive impact with other general support for your event.

No problems, will followup with the Club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Deleted as I worked out how to update the title of this thread title to put new dates in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clownarama wrote:
Note date changes has occurred so moved to a new thread at http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/693672/australian-games-expo...

I believe as the thread's creator that you can edit the title to communicate this change if you wish to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Note we have had to move it back a weekend as the Celtic Club had a booking they hadn't put in for the 6th of November.

We have clarified some information with the Celtic Club for open gaming.

The open gaming will open when tournaments have been completed.

Kids will be able to stay until 10pm.

Our timings for open gaming will be:

Saturday from 1700 until at least 2300hrs.
Sunday from 1700 until at least 2300hrs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools

Hi all,

We have finalised ticketing and registrations are now open at http://www.ozge.com.au/index.php. Please note that you will have two transactions on your card/paypal account totally $20 - a small one for the ticketing company and the remainder for the tournament.

We have limited numbers available for the tournaments so it will be a case of first in best dressed and we will put the closed sign up when full. The numbers for each tournament are listed in the tournament rules area.

As outlined in the previous post we will be bringing the Games Library down to Melbourne for games on Saturday and Sunday night.

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Flyers are now out and about at Mind Game and Good Games in the City plus a couple of other stores.

Could I please get details of any games group coordinators so I can send electronic copy for distribution to your mailing lists.

So far we have 11 for Settlers, Two for Carcasonne and 1 for Dominion.

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shona Shorten
Australia
Ballarat
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definately excited about the Victorian tournaments - will have to reserve our places soon! :-) Hope that this will be an annual event, it is easy to get to and a lot of fun! Had a great time at the Canberra tournament last year for Carc, hopefully might get to Sydney as well, but just in case, at least we'll have the Melbourne tournaments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi,

Yes we intend making it an annual event. The format is hopefully one people will like. We definitely have a settlers tournament but are still below the minimum numbers for the others so we will wait and see.

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 58223. Clownarama
  • 1d20 =
  • (18) =
  • Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:54 am
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Just a quick note that we have some promotional materials for Settlers and Dominion. The first 20 people registered online for Settlers will receive a free Catanimal and the first 20 registered online for Dominion will receive a set of stash cards.

Registration is at www.ozge.com.au.

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shona Shorten
Australia
Ballarat
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you able to update us on the numbers for each tournament? Are any tournaments definately got 12 particpants? It would help if you could for those of us who are considering booking accommodation....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi,

Yes the Settlers has got 13 registered so it is right to go. Carcassonne and Dominion have only got three each in them but we still have a couple of weeks to go. My experience is there is a last minute rush for these kinds of things so I would anticipate they will run. Stone Age may not get off the ground at this stage - but if it does we will run it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Just confirming we now have twelve registered for Settlers and Eight registered for Carcassonne so these two tournaments will definitely go ahead. I expect more will register over the next week and on the day.

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shona Shorten
Australia
Ballarat
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hubbard
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
The website says that sales close today at 5pm. Some of the earlier comments in this thread seem to suggest that you'll be able to sign up after that date. Is that right? It seems possible given that the limit is well short of being reached at present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi,

We are still learning ourselves, and have extended the online entries until Thursday next week. We may also take entries on the day but only up to the maximum listed for the tournament.

Thanks,

Charles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Well numbers continue to rise,

21 for Settlers
9 for Carcassonne
3 for Dominion

See you Saturday.

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Having now visited the venue we are starting open gaming from 1pm on Sunday.

Saturday remains at 5pm start for Open Gaming as there is a Magic tournament happening with the Settlers tournament which means the room will be full until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bishop
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Hi all,

Thanks for the turnout on the weekend. We were really happy for our first time in Melbourne. We had 30 for Settlers and 13 for Carcassonne with approximately 40 turning up for open gaming on Saturday evening.

We will be back next year, hopefully with a Ticket to Ride tournament to add to the mix.

Congratulations to the winners of the tournaments - David Cordover for Settlers and Peter Parkes for Carcassonne.

You can see our new website at www.toyandgameexpo.com.au.

Thanks,

Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.