Popular Tags: [View All]
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Hi,

Does anyone know of any games stores in Barrie? I know of www.sirgamesalot.com, but does anyone know what they stock? Specifically, I am looking for Yinsh, Dvonn, Ingenious, Rumis or the like.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
"The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me." Blaise Pascal
badge
"There is yet faith, but the faith and the hope and the love are all in the waiting." T.S. Elliot
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find anything, let me know. This is a store in Hamilton that was mentioned last week on another forum thread. I think it was called Bayshore Hobbies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rocchi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
I have been into Sir Gamesalot a few times, and find that they have an excellent selection. ALL the newer games, plus some oldies that are still sitting on thier shelves (i.e. Material World, Empire of the Ancient World). About a month or so ago, I picked up a copy of Goa; out of stock everywhere else, but sitting right there in Sir Gamesalot. I find their prices are competitive to very good, and the store is clean and well organized, with all the games in alphabetical order.

In Hamilton, Bayshore Hobbies has two stores, one on the mountain, one down on King St. They have recently redistributed their stock so that while they both have Euro games, only the King St. store has heavier Wargames. Again, their prices are very good, and in the past year I have found two copies of Big City, and one of La Citta. Be forewarned: they are closed Mondays.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know also, so I've bookmarked this. I'll be going to see family up in Bracebridge soon, probably in August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Daniel,

When you were at games Sir Gamesalot, did you happen to notice if they have any gipf project games, Ingenious or Rumis?

Thanks for the information

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Londini
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in Barrie this afternoon.

In the Georgian Mall there was a store called Uniquely Games. They had quite a selection of various puzzles, kid's games, chess, playing cards, etc... Tucked in there was a good 8-foot wall of Euro games, but none of the ones you mentioned. Power Grid ($65), Empires of the Ancient World (around $72, I think), Bohnanza ($26), Bohnanza expansion ($13), were the ones I handled, though I didn't buy anything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for the information, Vince. I wasn't aware of the store at the Georgian Mall... I will have to check it out.
William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Fage
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use http://www.germangames.com/ alot. They are online only but even with shipping I find the prices are great. The service has always been excellent.

ROD>

PS. They are on vacation from June 26 to July 6th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Londini
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:
Thanks for the information, Vince. I wasn't aware of the store at the Georgian Mall... I will have to check it out.
William
No problem. I don't know if it's new or not as I'd never been there before; but, that mall is undergoing some serious expansion and renovation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Mackey
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to know the owner of the store. Nice guy. Loves to play Turfmaster.

His name is Vince - ask him to show you his stromtrooper suit

WRT GIPF games, if he does not have them in stock, I happen to know his distributors do so he can get them pretty easily

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Londini
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dotburn wrote:
His name is Vince - ask him to show you his stromtrooper suit
Just for the record, this Vince is not that Vince, but it is funny that a Vince unwittingly introduced a Vince's store in this conversation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
is this information current, I am about to go to CFB Borden for 2.5 months for training and am looking for some games when I am there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls