Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Boardgames @ Gungahlin Library - Sat 24 Sep 11 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,

Reminder of the upcoming event on the 4th Saturday of the month. Details as follows:

What: to play board games
Where: New Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
When: Saturday 24 September 2011
Time: 11 am to 4:30 pm
Why: because we needed another excuse to play and the whether won't be that great.
How much: FREE!!! just bring along your preferred games and a smile.

Facilities in the venue includes a microwave, small fridge, hot/cold filtered water and there is even a coffee shop. For lunch purposes the Gungahlin shops are across the street. For more details about the venue and parking details check the following link:

http://www.library.act.gov.au/library_services/library_locat...

There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other peoples games. Also, please consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop at the Library.

Game of the month for September is Dixit. Descrption from the box:

"Hold your breath!

The illustrations are revealed. They all have something in common: an enigmatic sentence. Now be careful, only one of the five images is the key. You'll have to use flair and intuition to find it while avoiding the other players' traps. Dixit: a surprising, convivial & exhilarating game to enjoy with your family and friends."

Once again I'll give away a gift voucher to the and a new boardgame provided kindly by Mind Games.

Also, an special thanks to the Gungahlin Library staff for their support. Check out the ad they did to promote this event:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2149555378

Feel free to let others know about this event that may be interested to attend.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Furness
Australia
Monash
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fast becoming one of my favourite events on the boardgaming calendar. Great facilities, well run and a nice group of gamers.

Unfortunately Merran, Princess and I won't be there this month. We are heading down to Convic on Thursday.

See you next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm out for this one too, Rene.

But please feel free to enjoy yourselves.

I'll be thinking about you.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Geez, my friend is out too. Hopefully no-one else bails (or lots of new people come), because at this rate it'll just be me and Rene... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have a few very good 2 players games

No worries guys, see you next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It was fun ... thanks for doing the organising
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great Saturday of gaming at the Library. There were around 13 attendees playing the following games:

Pantheon
Kahuna
Tetris
Lancaster
Rattus
The Resistance
Dixit
Dungeon Raiders
Alchemist

Interesting fact was about this event was that although it seems the same number of attendees for three months, every time I'm seeing new faces.

Hopefully we can have them all at once for change laugh

Congratulations to the lucky winners!

Cheers!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:
Another great Saturday of gaming at the Library. There were around 13 attendees playing the following games:

Pantheon
Kahuna
Tetris
Lancaster
Rattus
The Resistance
Dixit
Dungeon Raiders
Alchemist

Interesting fact was about this event was that although it seems the same number of attendees for three months, every time I'm seeing new faces.

Hopefully we can have them all at once for change laugh

Congratulations to the lucky winners!

Cheers!
cool
It's also a very friendly and sociable crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erez Ben-Aharon
Australia
Civic Square
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Hey guys, I was actuall there on the 24th at around 11:30, but I didn't see anyone? Did I come too early...or maybe I was in the wrong area (I was told most boardgamers go near the cafe to play?)

Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Erez,

Are you sure about the time? I was there 10 to 11 and the first people arrived quarter past 11. We start playing until close to 5.

We use training room 1, so next time ask on the front desk of the library for that. If you enter the Library via the main door, when you get to the main desk, you have already past the room.

Hopefully see you next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.