Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally gave the Rules a thourough read and im more excited than before. The variety of Occupants/Buildings each game should really make a high replay value. Also i love the possible Interactions between the players (especially sabotage). However its hard to tell if they are worth it

Additionally the overall mechanics of the game sound fun and enjoyable even for casual gamers. Another plus are the use of icons explaining effects of different tokens

So what are your impressions ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rules Discussion - Impressions
Is there an English version that I haven't been able to find yet? If not, would you mind giving a short synopsis of the rules?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok ill try to translate the core parts of it hold on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok so here it goes. excuse me if i make errors or if im unclear

Setup:
Every Player gets his/her own Board(Realm) which includes a river and some mountain spaces. On the top of this board all get 4 fortification tokens.
Additionally a player gets his castle(4x4 squares) and a forest tile.
Both can be placed anywhere on the board at setup. Only restriction is for castle not being over the river, If the castle overlaps mountain you get a one time bonus ressource ( 1steel for normal mountain, 2 steel for mountain with 2 tops. The forest can be placed anywhere

After that, every player receives 3 of every Ressource (food, wood, stone, steel, gold)

one of the fortifications(the tower) is placed immediately on a space of the castle, giving defense and vp(if rolled)

Oh almost forgot, every player has 2 "meeples". one to track victory points
and one to indicate which coordinate got rolled

to be continued...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the remaining kingdom tiles will be put in the cloth bag and "shuffled". the starting player now draws tiles from this bag at random, number is depending on amount of players. For example 5 tiles for 2 players.

Those tiles will be placed onto the lower region of the VP Tracking board. If a randomly chosen tile contains a VP symbol it gets thrown back and replaced. Then every player(starting with starting player ofc) chooses one tile... just simple drafting... 1-2-2-1 with 2 players, just like in settlers of catan

those tiles can be placed free(without paying their cost) on your realm board.

shuffle event cards
starting player gets starting card and the dice

now the game can start...

will continue soon, my dog demands a walk in the woods

EDIT: Vitory conditions

2/3 players -> 14vps
4/5 players -> 13vps
6 players -> 12vps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok now the actual Gameplay:

there are 6 phases for the player with the starting card:

1. Roll Dice, all players might get income
2. Draw and resolve an event card
3. Buyphase, all players may buy a tile
4. Baron Actions (covered later)
5. Supply Phase, Workers need food
6. Pass starting card and dice to the left neighbour & check for victory conditions

some terminology:
"neighbouring" means the max 8 squares around one tile (like the king in chess can move)
"trading" you can always trade 4identical resources for a resource of your choice. The merchant tile can make that 3:1 later on"

next up, the phases in more detail...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phase 1: Roll the Dice

the rolled dice determine the "center of action". Every player places his Meeple on the square corresponding to the dice result. All (up to) 8 squares around that spot is called the "area of action".
In this area every player gets to choose one of his tiles and gets the bonus of it. ( i might write down an overview of all the tiles if you like)
The bonus might be vp´s or ressources. If you happen to choose a fortifying tile you can choose between vp´s or ressources. If you rolled doubles, this phase gets repeated for the current player (but still affects all players)
This can happen infinitely !

Phase 2: Event Card
this phase is skipped for the very first turn (since many events are quite nasty). A card is drawn and resolved, can affect all players but also can affect jsut current player. I might sum up the details of those cards at the end

Phase 3: Buy Kingdom Tiles
Tiles will be drawn from the bag at random and put at the lower region of the vp tracking board. THe amount of tiles is the amount of players doubled. Now every player can buy one tile in order. Ressources must be payed unlike at setup. Some tiles have conditions, like the mines which must be placed on a mountan space. Others make more sense at different locations, like more food if at a river tile etc...
A player can also choose to buy one of the fortification tiles instead, which is placed on top of the former one (canceling it out)
After everyone is done or passed, all unbought tiles get removed (not in the bag)

to be continued...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phase 4 - Baron Actions

the current player has now 2 Baron Actions. For the first action you activate one of your Kingdom tiles, getting its ressources. Victory Points can not be gained that way !

you can do this a second time(even for the same tile)or choose one of the following:
- a secret affair with King/Queen
roll 2 dice, if its a 2,3 or 4 you get caught and lose 1 vp
with 9 or higher you get 1 VP

- sabotage
this costs you 1D8 gold (if you cant pay, the action is over)
if you pay you send saboteurs to one opponent of your choice to destroy a tile of your choice from that player.
both players roll the two dice. The sabotaging player needs to roll higher to succeed in destroying the tile. If lower or equal the defending player wins and "robs" the attacking player one VP
This action can only be chosen if the attacking player has at least 1vp

- Attack !
you can choose to attack another player or attack one of the 2 neutral states Santa Paravia and Fiumaccio
Santa Paravia has a defense of 14, Fiumaccio 19
the defense of a player is calculated by fortify value and Strength of military units. The attacking player simply have to beat that value with the value of the two dice and his military strength
The ressources gained from an attack depends on the difference between attack and defense value. If you have more than 3 points difference you also steal 1 vp.
Downside for attacker:
all attacking units must throw 1 dice to determine if they survived. Even means survived, odd means dead
But if you have healing abilities, like the Priest you can prevent units from dying
The defender suffers no casualties

to be continued....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phase 5 : Supply (only the current player)
for each 5 tiles in your realm you need to spend 1 food. if you cant you have to reduce your tiles till you can !
all tiles except the castle count for that (the fortifications and soldiers do!)
a Granary halves this (with one you need 1 food for every 10, with two you need 1 food for every 20 etc)

Phase 6: end of turn
the current player passes dice and starting card to the left.
Also the victory conditions get checked. If there is a draw the player with the most fortifications win, after that the one with the most military. Otherwise its a draw

What i left out: if you attack Fiumaccio you start a War, which will affect gameplay in different ways. I might add it later, but this is a rather special rule i guess

next up: the different kingdom tiles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiles without special effects:

Alchemist, costs 1 iron 1 gold, produces 4(!)gold, 6 in total available
Begger, no cost, produces 1 gold, amount:4
forest, no cost, produces 2 wood, amount: 16
gravelpit, no cost, produces 1 stone, amount:4
junkyard, no cost, produces 1 iron, amount:4
carpenter, costs 1 wood, produces 1 vp, amount:6
cellarman, costs 1 wood, produces 1vp, amount: 6
stone cutter, costs 1 stone, produces 1vp, amount: 6
blacksmith, costs 1 iron, produces 1 vp, amount: 6
merchant, costs 1 gold, produces 3 gold, amount:6

more to come....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
now Tiles with River Bonus:

if placed on a river square you receive the + bonus.

brick manufacture, costs 1 wood, produces 2+1 stone, amount: 4
Farmer, no costs, produces 1+1 food, amount:6
fisherman, no costs, produces 0+2 food, amount:4
Hunter, no costs, produces 2+1 food, amount:6
Miller, costs 1 stone 1 wood, produces 3+1 food, amount:6
Shepherd, costs 1 gold, produces 2+1 food, amount7
Brewery, costs 1 food 1wood 1 stone, produces 1vp 1+1 food, amount2

next up... mines and miners
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mines and Miners
Goldmine, Quarry and Ironmine must be placed on a Mountain square
The miner really makes sense only next to those (although u can play him without having a mine)

Goldmine, costs 1 wood, produces 2 gold, amount: 7
Ironmine, costs 1 wood, produces 2 iron, amount 7
Quarry, costs 1 wood, produces 2 stone, amount:7
Miner, costs 1 gold, produces 3 resources of an adjacent mine

next up.. healing tiles !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Healing tiles:

all tiles with "healing" can give you one reroll for a dice roll when saving military units. You can multiple of those if available each round. all of the tiles in this post have the ability healing

Relic, needs to be next to a church or shrine, costs 1 gold, gives 1vp, amount:2
Shrine, costs 2 stone, produces 1 vp, amount: 2
Church, costs 2 stone 1 wood, produces 1 vp and 1 resource of your choice, amount:6
Cleric, needs to be next to church, shrine or Brewery , costs 1 gold, gives 1 vp, amount:6

next up.... special tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misc. Tiles

Granary, costs 1 food 1wood 1stone, halves Food supply needed, amount:6
Seer, enables you to draw an extra tile during phase3 which you can buy, costs1 food 1 gold, produces 1vp, amount:2
Merchant, enables 3:1 trading, costs 1 gold, amount:6
Wizard, only one for each player until everyone got a wizard, enables you to reroll ONE dice once per turn, no matter what occasion, costs 2 gold, produces 1 vp, amount:6

next up.... military units
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a bit unclear to me how many military units you can have, but as far as i understand the rules i would say that you need space on your castle.. please someone enlighten me

EDIT: oh wait... they seem to be stackable according to the rendered image which is good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Military Units:

Trooper, costs 1 iron, provides 1 military strength, amount:18
Archer, costs 2 iron, 2 military, amount:14
Knight, costs 3 iron, 3 military, amount:13
Wolf the trained Elephant, counts as a knight, costs 4 food, 4 military, amount 1

Fortifications:
Tower, costs 2 stone, player starts with it, produces 1 vp, 5(?)military
Fort, costs 4 stone, produces 2 vp, 8 military
Castle, costs 6 stone 1 wood, produces 3 vp, 10 military
Fortress, costs 8 stone 2 wood, produces 4vp, 12 military

next up... events
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Event Cards
i will list only the different type, which can have variations in itself

The King calls for a Tournament, you can send a matching military unit to compete with other players
The King declares War, you have to send a certain amount of troops, otherwise loose vp
The King invents a new Tax, you need to send ressources to the king
The King is hungry, send food to the king
Visit from the King/Queen, the best/worst player gets a VP
The Black Death, text not readable.. but disappears after use from the game
Bandits attack, Bandits attack with dice roll, player without fortificatiopn get ignored
The Feast in Honor of St.Snoot, used event cards get reshuffled(not the black death)
The Feast in Honor of St.Snydd, non bought tiles go back to the drawing bag
Dragon/Giant attack, the current player determines who gets attacked, vp bonus if succeed in defending
Rat Plague, player loses 1 vp, must pay food each round to rats until the Rat Catcher comes
Rat Catcher, player can send rat plague to another player, even if they dont affect him currently(means it can happen you have to send them to yourself)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so this is my small summation of the rules hope its understandable

It really sounds like a game with amazing variety, but we will see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
coobe wrote:
so this is my small summation of the rules hope its understandable

It really sounds like a game with amazing variety, but we will see

Thanks for taking the time to translate all that!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you´re welcome ! being excited for this game to arrive made it real easy for me

And thanks to all for all the geekgold ! (saving for the feudality badge now )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for posting this! This is great!

So, just to make sure I understand:

Each player has their own board. The main board is for tracking VPs and displays tiles to be taken only.

Players start with a couple of tiles on their board (which I assume looks like a 6 x 6 grid).

Each turn:
1. The active player rolls the dice activating a 3 x 3 grid centere at those coordinates on each player's board. Each player can choose 1 tile in that grid and activate it.
2. The active player turns an event card that is very likely bad and may affect everyone or may affect only him.
3. In player order, every player gets to purchase one new tile from the central supply (2x the #players tiles are available).
4. The active player then does Baron actions which may be activating two tiles on his board (but not for VPs) or may be attacking other players (attacks involve a dice roll plus military strength on tiles). The attacker then rolls with a 50/50 chance of losing his military units. The defender may lose resources but not military units.
5. The active player then needs to feed the tiles in his realm.

Play then passes to the next player. Rinse and repeat until someone has enough VPs.

Tiles either gives resources, give VPs, heal (mitigate losing attacker units), reduce food requirements, get extra tiles, re-roll dice, and provide military strength.

If I've got it right, it sounds a bit like Glen More minus the economics plus a lot more interaction. I'm personally not a big fan of dice but I think the 3x3 grid will mitigate that somewhat. My guess is it will be a fun medium-light tile-placement game, a bit heavier than Carc with some good take-that mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each Realmboard is made of 8x8(2d8 are used) squares and space for the resources (similar to agricola)

1. true an area containing 9 squares get activated
2. true
3. yes, one tile from the VP board or an upgrade for your castle(fortifications)
4. this is correct, be aware that only one of the baron actions can involve special actions like attack or sabotage
5. true

all your assumptions are correct as far as i can tell dont know glen more unfortunately but i see a lot of similarities to Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne and Agricola.

The drafting mechanics with the tile purchase intrigues me the most right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glen More is a good game but, for some reason, has never excited me enough to choose over the other games I have. Feudality looks like it may have a lot of similar things but be more exciting due to the dice rolls and the "take-that" mechanics. It will almost definitely be a try-before-buy for me though.

coobe wrote:

all your assumptions are correct as far as i can tell dont know glen more unfortunately but i see a lot of similarities to Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne and Agricola.

I suspect the dice plus the randomness of the tiles will stop it from being as deep as 'Gric but I definitely think you've picked three games that describe it well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Oppermann
Germany
Kaiserslautern
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just hope they playtested it enough, so we get a game which has its own flavour and lots of variety dont care much about randomness or luck factor as long as its fun to play over and over again !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coobe wrote:
i just hope they playtested it enough, so we get a game which has its own flavour and lots of variety dont care much about randomness or luck factor as long as its fun to play over and over again !

Well, Tom had his own set of fanboysplaytesters before he submitted the game, and we also had a fair share of folks to test this game before we added it to our release schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.