Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone be interested in a weekly desk calendar that features some of the excellent photography that BoardGameGeek users have uploaded (with their permission of course)? There are lots of great photographs on this site. I think it would be nice to see them on my desk so I can day dream about playing games while I’m at work.

I’ve talked to a print shop about making some. The end of the year is near, so I need to move quickly, but I want to make sure there is some interest first.

The calendar would be high quality, with one page for each week of the year (54 different game images). The cover folds in a way that props the calendar open. Each page is 7 ¼ inches by 5 ¼ inches. The top will feature the image and the bottom has room to write notes on each day (so that you don’t forget your next game night).

Here’s a sample of what they would look like. Of course it would have board game images instead of the interior design photos that are in the sample.

I’d be able to sell them for $19 each, with free US shipping. If this is something that might interest you, post a reply. (I'm not looking for any commitments, just trying to find out if there is interest.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad DeShon
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Board Game Weekly Desk Calendar
I have been waiting a physical book with some of BBG's photos for quite a while. The pictures might be my favorite part of this site. They are the quickest way to get an idea of how a game will feel. Beyond that, some people here take some high quality, good looking photographs.

Every now and then a thread or geeklist pops up where people talk about making a coffee table book. I love the idea of a coffee table book, but whenever I have looked into getting one made, it comes out to be VERY expensive.

Exploring the coffee table book route led me to this calendar idea. We can get printed game images, but at a much lower price. And, a calendar could actually be useful.

I went ahead and made some mockups to show what it would like with board games images in there. Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls