Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread somewhere someone recommended the Black and Read (7821 Wadsworth Blvd, Arvada, CO). On my recent trip to the area I decided to check it out. Wow! I was amazed. The store is largely a music and bookstore (mostly used) and definitely has the used bookstore feel with lots of disorganized shelves and boxes everywhere. In fact, upon first entering I had my doubts about finding games there. It took us a while to wind around to where they are (in the back corner of a two-room store - kind of directly opposite the adult section on the other side of the store). They have all the card games up front at a counter and all the new stuff in the back. Lots and lots of new stuff - Ameritrash, Euros, Wargames. I was impressed by the scope of their inventory which included some very new stuff. For instance, I saw copies of the Survive Expansion and No Retreat! Plus Space Empires and Space Alert. Their stock was larger and more extensive than many of the gamestores I've visited. Also, they had some intriguing used games - including some Avalon Hill wargames. Their RPG collection is mostly used and HUGE! There is no area for gameplay and I'm not sure how knowledgeable the staff is but their inventory was enough to overcome those weaknesses. I'll be back to visit some time in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
OH YEA! I used to live 5 blocks from there. You forget to mention 15-20% all games. Now whenever I get down towards Denver I try to stop in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls