Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
908 Posts
[1]  Prev «  32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36  Next »  [37] | 

BGG» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG News

Subject: Now the BIGGEST BGG Secret Santa EVER! Registration closes November 11th - join the party!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Component Dropper - Anyone see where that went?Microbadge: My wife buys me board games!Microbadge: I got stained with the Love for Life!Microbadge: Twitch fanMicrobadge: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds fan
Re: 2011 Secret Santa Registration closes in TWO WEEKS! **1601** participants already!!!
1703! Woo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
Microbadge: 100 Games x 1 Challenge participant - 2020Microbadge: Chip Theory Games "Cloudspire" Contest ParticipantMicrobadge: I prefer cold weather over hot weatherMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
Re: 2011 Secret Santa Registration closes in TWO WEEKS! **1601** participants already!!!
tathta wrote:
Luds wrote:
Next milestone is 2000!
Next milestone is 1721 (1 more than last year)

then it's 2000....
Should take a few more hours now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridget Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play the healer!Microbadge: I'm a gut player!Microbadge: I Hate Reading RulesMicrobadge: Coffee addictMicrobadge: Nothing like warming your toes in front of the fire!
Stephanie920 wrote:
New gamer with only three games in the closet! Excited to be part of Secret Santa!
Welcome to BGG and Secret Santa. Hope you find many fun games to play. There are a lot of groups around here in Ohio that you can join that will give you lots of opportunities to play new games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quelf elf
Spain
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I contribute to the BGG Gift GuideMicrobadge: 2011 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Dog loverMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Ponygeddon - I came; I sparkled; I went out in a blaze of nuclear pony glitter!
Astartus wrote:
Hmm, decisions, decisions....

My very first Secret Santa experience two years ago was great, especially sending overseas. Last year, I decided to remain in my country and I had the possibility to deliver the gifts in person (which was also very cool).

This year, I finally might have a bit more money at hand to buy presents, but I can't decide if I should stay within my country borders and make a bigger purchase for a possible recipient, or go worldwide but this way limiting the amount of gifts due to additional postal fees....

Why not go worldwide, send something small & personal from home (minor postal fees) and then use an online retailer in your target's home country to also be as generous as you like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jensen
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Bad Music fanMicrobadge: Leaving Earth fanMicrobadge: San Francisco Giants fanMicrobadge: San Jose Sharks fanMicrobadge: Nuclear War fan
In!

I'm always more excited about the BGGSS then anything my boring relatives can come with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Erickson
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Small World fanMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: HomosexualMicrobadge: 2011 Christmas Card Exchange participantMicrobadge: 2011 Secret Santa participant
Now that Halloween has passed, I CAN'T WAIT to get my Target.

I'm also excited for the Christmas card exchange. I have a ton of cards all ready to be signed and sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
HEEMSKERK
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Medieval Theme fanMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Fencing fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I like thunderstorms
Luds wrote:
LennyS wrote:
Regarding all the questions/comments about what to put on your wishlist: another good practice is to write a letter to Santa on your profile page. I always let my Santa know that used games are fine with me, and that what I really care about is the spirit of the event and of the season. To me this just personalizes it a bit more. Also, when I see a letter to me (i.e. to Santa) from my target it lets me know they are excited as well, and motivates me even more.

One more potential nice touch: try to find out if your target has small children and if they play games as well. It is easy to include a small kids game that is just for them, and makes the target's family buy-in easier.

P.S. we should hit the 1700 mark today!
Yup, 1693 right now, that's awesome!
How can you find this exact number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
Microbadge: 100 Games x 1 Challenge participant - 2020Microbadge: Chip Theory Games "Cloudspire" Contest ParticipantMicrobadge: I prefer cold weather over hot weatherMicrobadge: A Song of Ice and Fire fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fan
meijerc wrote:
How can you find this exact number?
By going to the "Browse open exchanges" page:
http://boardgamegeek.com/geekexchange/browse

1710 now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
HEEMSKERK
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Medieval Theme fanMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Fencing fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: I like thunderstorms
Thank you for the link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Martin
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Space Alert fanMicrobadge: Risk Legacy fan - Do Not Open. Ever.Microbadge: Goon at somethingawful.comMicrobadge: Android: Netrunner fan - Weyland ConsortiumMicrobadge: Rallyman fan
Joined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
Sorry about that Shawn.

Good news is that we're at 1718, 3 more people and this is the biggest Secret Santa ever. Can we make it 2000 people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Queen fanMicrobadge: Bordspelmania.eu userMicrobadge: Buffy fanMicrobadge: 2014 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: White Goblin fan
Luds wrote:
Sorry about that Shawn.

Good news is that we're at 1718, 3 more people and this is the biggest Secret Santa ever. Can we make it 2000 people?
Still 10 days to go. We might be able to make it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Microbadge: I build Crokinole boardsMicrobadge: I made my own gaming tableMicrobadge: I make wooden gamesMicrobadge: I love my gaming tableMicrobadge: I have a Game Room
November 1: Write letter to Santa. Check!

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Plays Games With FamilyMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Film BuffMicrobadge: History buffMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...
LennyS wrote:
November 1: Write letter to Santa. Check!

External image
You have an excellent BGG profile, and your message to your Secret Santa is a great example for others. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Microbadge: I build Crokinole boardsMicrobadge: I made my own gaming tableMicrobadge: I make wooden gamesMicrobadge: I love my gaming tableMicrobadge: I have a Game Room
gamesgrandpa wrote:
You have an excellent BGG profile, and your message to your Secret Santa is a great example for others. cool

Thank you! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mathews
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Two GirlsMicrobadge: Bourbon drinkerMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Star Blazers fan - Space Battleship YamatoMicrobadge: Buffalo Bills fan
I did this for the first time last year and it was awesome. I'm in again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Oakland Athletics fanMicrobadge: I play with black!Microbadge: Baseball fanMicrobadge: I track all my games playedMicrobadge: Chicago Cubs fan
Letter to Santa is done and profile has been updated, again. Been humming the 12 Days of Christmas since yesterday in anticipation of this thing starting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Perreault-Dorion
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with purple!Microbadge: I craft PnP games and then don't play themMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Kwanchai Redesign FanMicrobadge: My Game Collection
There's always next year... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: World of Tanks fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Raising GamersMicrobadge: I play with red!
1721!!! Record Broken! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Menezes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Folding@Home Team Geekdo memberMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I was there for Gen Con's 50th Anniversary!Microbadge: Essen attendeeMicrobadge: I track all my games played
Woot! It's that time of the year again? AWESOME!
Bring on the teasing, the gifting and the well wishing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
Gleb wrote:
1721!!! Record Broken! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilcockson
Australia
Greenbank
QLD
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Wings of War: WW2 fanMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Combat Commander: Pacific fanMicrobadge: 2011 Secret Santa participant
Missed out last year, count me in as a BGG Secret Santa Virgin this year

oh, and 1729
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Gallie

Michigan
msg tools
Microbadge: Hiking fanMicrobadge: Copper Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: 2012 Secret Santa participant
I'm in and can't wait for the exchange list. Good fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Henson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Computer ProgrammerMicrobadge: Dr. Tran fanMicrobadge: Kindle readerMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: Cat-in-a-box
Woooo! Biggest BGGSS ever, both times I've participated! So awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36  Next »  [37] |