Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Okay, weirdest damn thing happened to me...

Took my daughter to a thing tonight, so I had time to read and I brought along rulebooks to Agricola (wait, wait, wait for it....) because I wanted to get that back to the table. Also I had brought with me one of the card expansions for the game and was sitting there looking through the cards when I came across this Occupation Card, titled "ROUGH BAKER" :

It almost makes that game playable....almost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
Was at FFG last night and overhead mutterings that there was no session report written up by Captain Chronicler of the exciting Attack on the Base Station!!

Who was muttering?

Mostly Captain Backwards and Captain Half Point, but also Cadet Brent expressed disappointment.

Cadets should not speak unless spoken too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Schleicher
United States
Hugo
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
Was at FFG last night and overhead mutterings that there was no session report written up by Captain Chronicler of the exciting Attack on the Base Station!!

Who was muttering?

Mostly Captain Backwards and Captain Half Point, but also Cadet Brent expressed disappointment.

Hold on a sec, I don't believe I said anything about it, I was too busy trying to plan out my turn in the euro we were playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:

Took my daughter to a thing tonight, so I had time to read and I brought along rulebooks to Agricola (wait, wait, wait for it....) because I wanted to get that back to the table. Also I had brought with me one of the card expansions for the game and was sitting there looking through the cards when I came across this Occupation Card, titled "ROUGH BAKER" :

I can't breathe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:

Who was muttering?

Hold on a sec, I don't believe I said anything about it, I was too busy trying to plan out my turn in the euro we were playing...

You could be locked in chains for mentioning the E word in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Schleicher
United States
Hugo
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
baschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:

Who was muttering?

I know, but I had to risk it to get the truth out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
baschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:

Who was muttering?

Hmmm... I was pretty sure you expressed disappointment there was no session report written up. I know you expressed disappointment in not being able to partake in the epic battle (trying to help you with your AT cred... whistle)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dschleicher wrote:
baschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
baschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:

Who was muttering?

Hmmm... I was pretty sure you expressed disappointment there was no session report written up. I know you expressed disappointment in not being able to partake in the epic battle (trying to help you with your AT cred... whistle)

Until I see Brent roll a die, he has no AT cred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knatebaker wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:

I can't breathe.

I'm trying to find the logic in how this became a thing in the first place, pretty Damme amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.

I've always wanted to try this version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I can’t believe how much fun that game was. Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
knatebaker wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:

I can't breathe.

I'm trying to find the logic in how this became a thing in the first place, pretty Damme amazing!

Is he from Belgium? Because this card came from the Agricola Belgium Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Bipf wrote:
knatebaker wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:

I can't breathe.

Is he from Belgium? Because this card came from the Agricola Belgium Expansion.

Yes, the "Muscles from Brussels"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Indeed it was! It helped you played up the brah part of Scott. Obviously Scott was more interested in just cruising the mall, eating food and talking to girls because he didn't seem to grasp the concept of buying things (the electronic device wasn't kind to Ben).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:

That dude peeking through the drum set is creepy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To think, I was this close to going to the mall with you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Escape from 100 Million B.C. in a trade.
Dinosaurs, time travel, dice, random tiles - what's not to like?

I also played a 2 player to learn the rules on the easiest difficulty. I lost horribly - this game is hard, which makes it great!

Any interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Indeed it was! It helped you played up the brah part of Scott. Obviously Scott was more interested in just cruising the mall, eating food and talking to girls because he didn't seem to grasp the concept of buying things (the electronic device wasn't kind to Ben).

To be fair to Ben, he did buy cooler stuff - he dropped a pile of dough on a 'miniatures game' but I managed to win by focusing on cheap items like glitter make up and iron on patches. And by not having my cash card rejected by the shopping gods. Ben did get into the role-laying aspect too.

All in all, Mall madness was more cut-throat than the assasinorium game that we also played.

You know, we should have replaced the cardboard standees with the assassin figures from the other game, just for a change of pace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To be fair to Ben, he did buy cooler stuff - he dropped a pile of dough on a 'miniatures game' but I managed to win by focusing on cheap items like glitter make up and iron on patches. And by not having my cash card rejected by the shopping gods. Ben did get into the role-laying aspect too.

All in all, Mall madness was more cut-throat than the assasinorium game that we also played.

You know, we should have replaced the cardboard standees with the assassin figures from the other game, just for a change of pace.

BEST IDEA EVER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd upload some of my pics too:

The winning shopper card!

I do like the little plastic check marks

Now THAT is how you use an ATM. $80, people! Ca-ching!

I think Scott really likes Rachel - either that, or this was when he slipped the anti-shoplifting tag into her purse, making me lose a turn while I dealt with mall security.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmaddening wrote:

Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!

Maybe Zombie Scott and Zombie Tameka will show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  256 , 257 , 258 , 259 , 260  Next »  [261] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.