Recommend
62 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8588 Posts
[1]  Prev «  256 , 257 , 258 , 259 , 260  Next »  [344] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: TCAT (Twin Cities Ameritrash) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











I've always wanted to try this version

10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











I can’t believe how much fun that game was. Thanks for playing!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
knatebaker wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:
Okay, weirdest damn thing happened to me...

Took my daughter to a thing tonight, so I had time to read and I brought along rulebooks to Agricola (wait, wait, wait for it....) because I wanted to get that back to the table. Also I had brought with me one of the card expansions for the game and was sitting there looking through the cards when I came across this Occupation Card, titled "ROUGH BAKER" :






It almost makes that game playable....almost.


I can't breathe.


I'm trying to find the logic in how this became a thing in the first place, pretty Damme amazing!


Is he from Belgium? Because this card came from the Agricola Belgium Expansion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Bipf wrote:
knatebaker wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
patton55 wrote:
Okay, weirdest damn thing happened to me...

Took my daughter to a thing tonight, so I had time to read and I brought along rulebooks to Agricola (wait, wait, wait for it....) because I wanted to get that back to the table. Also I had brought with me one of the card expansions for the game and was sitting there looking through the cards when I came across this Occupation Card, titled "ROUGH BAKER" :






It almost makes that game playable....almost.


I can't breathe.


I'm trying to find the logic in how this became a thing in the first place, pretty Damme amazing!


Is he from Belgium? Because this card came from the Agricola Belgium Expansion.


Yes, the "Muscles from Brussels"
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











I can’t believe how much fun that game was. Thanks for playing!


Indeed it was! It helped you played up the brah part of Scott. Obviously Scott was more interested in just cruising the mall, eating food and talking to girls because he didn't seem to grasp the concept of buying things (the electronic device wasn't kind to Ben).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spooky Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:


That dude peeking through the drum set is creepy!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











I can’t believe how much fun that game was. Thanks for playing!


To think, I was this close to going to the mall with you guys.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Escape from 100 Million B.C. in a trade.
Dinosaurs, time travel, dice, random tiles - what's not to like?

I also played a 2 player to learn the rules on the easiest difficulty. I lost horribly - this game is hard, which makes it great!

Any interest?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











I can’t believe how much fun that game was. Thanks for playing!


Indeed it was! It helped you played up the brah part of Scott. Obviously Scott was more interested in just cruising the mall, eating food and talking to girls because he didn't seem to grasp the concept of buying things (the electronic device wasn't kind to Ben).


To be fair to Ben, he did buy cooler stuff - he dropped a pile of dough on a 'miniatures game' but I managed to win by focusing on cheap items like glitter make up and iron on patches. And by not having my cash card rejected by the shopping gods. Ben did get into the role-laying aspect too.

All in all, Mall madness was more cut-throat than the assasinorium game that we also played.

You know, we should have replaced the cardboard standees with the assassin figures from the other game, just for a change of pace.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











I can’t believe how much fun that game was. Thanks for playing!


Indeed it was! It helped you played up the brah part of Scott. Obviously Scott was more interested in just cruising the mall, eating food and talking to girls because he didn't seem to grasp the concept of buying things (the electronic device wasn't kind to Ben).


To be fair to Ben, he did buy cooler stuff - he dropped a pile of dough on a 'miniatures game' but I managed to win by focusing on cheap items like glitter make up and iron on patches. And by not having my cash card rejected by the shopping gods. Ben did get into the role-laying aspect too.

All in all, Mall madness was more cut-throat than the assasinorium game that we also played.

You know, we should have replaced the cardboard standees with the assassin figures from the other game, just for a change of pace.


BEST IDEA EVER!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd upload some of my pics too:


The winning shopper card!



I do like the little plastic check marks



Now THAT is how you use an ATM. $80, people! Ca-ching!



I think Scott really likes Rachel - either that, or this was when he slipped the anti-shoplifting tag into her purse, making me lose a turn while I dealt with mall security.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.


Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.


Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!


Maybe Zombie Scott and Zombie Tameka will show up.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.


Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!


I need to check with Brian, but yeah.

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


He gave me this game.

But yeah, there are online rules for adding Last Night on Earth to Mall Madness for a scenario that is similar to Dawn of the Dead.

That's what I'm hoping to run at CoTN. I might do a demo at FFG this winter, however, to work out the bugs. Stay tuned!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you that are like me and can't remember rules (or it's been months/years since the last time you played a game), this site has very well done game summaries for many games.

https://www.orderofgamers.com/games

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.


Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!


I need to check with Brian, but yeah.

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


He gave me this game.

But yeah, there are online rules for adding Last Night on Earth to Mall Madness for a scenario that is similar to Dawn of the Dead.

That's what I'm hoping to run at CoTN. I might do a demo at FFG this winter, however, to work out the bugs. Stay tuned!


Yes I think I remember seeing a Dawn of the Dead Mall of Madness scenario somewhere here on the Geek at one point. That's why I thrifted a copy of this years ago. Unfortunately it got tossed out in the great game purge of 2014.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.


Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!


I need to check with Brian, but yeah.

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


He gave me this game.

But yeah, there are online rules for adding Last Night on Earth to Mall Madness for a scenario that is similar to Dawn of the Dead.

That's what I'm hoping to run at CoTN. I might do a demo at FFG this winter, however, to work out the bugs. Stay tuned!


It's awesome that you guys actually played it! I'm glad you'll put it to good use. It was just sitting in a box at my house
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.


Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!


I need to check with Brian, but yeah.

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


He gave me this game.

But yeah, there are online rules for adding Last Night on Earth to Mall Madness for a scenario that is similar to Dawn of the Dead.

That's what I'm hoping to run at CoTN. I might do a demo at FFG this winter, however, to work out the bugs. Stay tuned!


It's awesome that you guys actually played it! I'm glad you'll put it to good use. It was just sitting in a box at my house


Curt's shopping skills are amazing! I'm not sure anyone can compete with him.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you going to or thinking about going to Con of the North, the event registration is getting close. It's different than in past years (I think they starting doing it this way last year).

http://www.conofthenorth.org/registration.php

Event Tickets

Event Tickets are not available yet, but when event registration opens in November, you'll use the same registration website to register for your games.

The event ticket selection process is split in to 2 phases.

Phase 1 - Event Preselection

For the first phase, which we're calling Event Preselection, will close at the end of December. In this phase, you'll have the ability to select up to 20 events that you're interested in attending, and they will be placed in a ranked order that you set. The events you are most interested in attending should be set near the top (Rank 1).

Once Event Preselection closes, the system will then go through and try to assign you up to 8 of your selected events to give you a good strong start on your schedule for the convention. The system will not provide alternate (waiting list) tickets in the assignment - any ticket provided to an attendee would be a guaranteed seat at the table. During the assignment, the system will skip over time slots you already received an event for.

More details and examples can be found in the FAQ

Phase 2 - Live Selection

The second phase will allow you to see all of the events that the system has automatically assigned you based on your preselection as well as allow you to add new events, or give back your ticket on events you currently have assigned. At this time, there is no priority system - everyone will have access to select events to fill up their schedule in a first come, first served basis. This phase is set to close at the end of January.

During this phase you'll be able to see what events are still open, which ones only have alternate (waiting list) tickets, and which ones are fully sold out; think of it as an online shopping cart. You'll not be able to select events which would cause a scheduling conflict (having tickets for multiple games running at the same time), even if they are alternate tickets. If you change your mind on an event and decide you no longer want it, you can remove it from your assignments allowing another person to grab the ticket, and freeing up that time slot for you to select a new event.

What you have assigned to you on the website are the tickets you'll be getting when you pick up your folder at the convention, so no more sending in a wishlist and everything being a surprise when you show up. This is the primary reason for migrating to this new system as many people have experienced frustration with the manual processes we had performed in the past.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











How the heck do you shoplift at a movie theater?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











How the heck do you shoplift at a movie theater?


Only "Rachel" knows for sure...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











How the heck do you shoplift at a movie theater?


Only "Rachel" knows for sure...


IIRC, Tameka also tried to shoplift. While "Skaaaht" (the surfer-brah way of saying Scott) was bad at shopping, his lady friends out-shopped him, and set off alarms across the mall. Once again proving, "nice guys finish last".
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.











How the heck do you shoplift at a movie theater?


Only "Rachel" knows for sure...


IIRC, Tameka also tried to shoplift. While "Skaaaht" (the surfer-brah way of saying Scott) was bad at shopping, his lady friends out-shopped him, and set off alarms across the mall. Once again proving, "nice guys finish last".


Yes, but when Tameka did it she was in the middle of the mall...even more strange than Rachel shoplifting in the movie theater. Maybe the mall cops were just a little slow to react.

I'm not sure Skaaaht is a nice guy....he spent most of his time in the mall yelling at Rachel and Tameka...it was warranted most of the time when yelling at Rachel, but Tameka did nothing wrong and demands an apology before Skaaaht will be invited to any of her parties.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  256 , 257 , 258 , 259 , 260  Next »  [344] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.