Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:
1) Damn, that looks like a fun game in and of itself.
2) I always wanted it just to play a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie minis game.

Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!

I need to check with Brian, but yeah.

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

He gave me this game.

But yeah, there are online rules for adding Last Night on Earth to Mall Madness for a scenario that is similar to Dawn of the Dead.

That's what I'm hoping to run at CoTN. I might do a demo at FFG this winter, however, to work out the bugs. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you that are like me and can't remember rules (or it's been months/years since the last time you played a game), this site has very well done game summaries for many games.

https://www.orderofgamers.com/games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Ben is planning to run it at CotN combined with Last Night on Earth....it sounds EPIC!

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

He gave me this game.

But yeah, there are online rules for adding Last Night on Earth to Mall Madness for a scenario that is similar to Dawn of the Dead.

That's what I'm hoping to run at CoTN. I might do a demo at FFG this winter, however, to work out the bugs. Stay tuned!

Yes I think I remember seeing a Dawn of the Dead Mall of Madness scenario somewhere here on the Geek at one point. That's why I thrifted a copy of this years ago. Unfortunately it got tossed out in the great game purge of 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

He gave me this game.

It's awesome that you guys actually played it! I'm glad you'll put it to good use. It was just sitting in a box at my house
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Also - HUGE PROPS to:

Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

He gave me this game.

It's awesome that you guys actually played it! I'm glad you'll put it to good use. It was just sitting in a box at my house

Curt's shopping skills are amazing! I'm not sure anyone can compete with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you going to or thinking about going to Con of the North, the event registration is getting close. It's different than in past years (I think they starting doing it this way last year).

http://www.conofthenorth.org/registration.php

Event Tickets

Event Tickets are not available yet, but when event registration opens in November, you'll use the same registration website to register for your games.

The event ticket selection process is split in to 2 phases.

Phase 1 - Event Preselection

For the first phase, which we're calling Event Preselection, will close at the end of December. In this phase, you'll have the ability to select up to 20 events that you're interested in attending, and they will be placed in a ranked order that you set. The events you are most interested in attending should be set near the top (Rank 1).

Once Event Preselection closes, the system will then go through and try to assign you up to 8 of your selected events to give you a good strong start on your schedule for the convention. The system will not provide alternate (waiting list) tickets in the assignment - any ticket provided to an attendee would be a guaranteed seat at the table. During the assignment, the system will skip over time slots you already received an event for.

More details and examples can be found in the FAQ

Phase 2 - Live Selection

The second phase will allow you to see all of the events that the system has automatically assigned you based on your preselection as well as allow you to add new events, or give back your ticket on events you currently have assigned. At this time, there is no priority system - everyone will have access to select events to fill up their schedule in a first come, first served basis. This phase is set to close at the end of January.

During this phase you'll be able to see what events are still open, which ones only have alternate (waiting list) tickets, and which ones are fully sold out; think of it as an online shopping cart. You'll not be able to select events which would cause a scheduling conflict (having tickets for multiple games running at the same time), even if they are alternate tickets. If you change your mind on an event and decide you no longer want it, you can remove it from your assignments allowing another person to grab the ticket, and freeing up that time slot for you to select a new event.

What you have assigned to you on the website are the tickets you'll be getting when you pick up your folder at the convention, so no more sending in a wishlist and everything being a surprise when you show up. This is the primary reason for migrating to this new system as many people have experienced frustration with the manual processes we had performed in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.

How the heck do you shoplift at a movie theater?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.

Only "Rachel" knows for sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

IIRC, Tameka also tried to shoplift. While "Skaaaht" (the surfer-brah way of saying Scott) was bad at shopping, his lady friends out-shopped him, and set off alarms across the mall. Once again proving, "nice guys finish last".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

IIRC, Tameka also tried to shoplift. While "Skaaaht" (the surfer-brah way of saying Scott) was bad at shopping, his lady friends out-shopped him, and set off alarms across the mall. Once again proving, "nice guys finish last".

Yes, but when Tameka did it she was in the middle of the mall...even more strange than Rachel shoplifting in the movie theater. Maybe the mall cops were just a little slow to react.

I'm not sure Skaaaht is a nice guy....he spent most of his time in the mall yelling at Rachel and Tameka...it was warranted most of the time when yelling at Rachel, but Tameka did nothing wrong and demands an apology before Skaaaht will be invited to any of her parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, but when Tameka did it she was in the middle of the mall...even more strange than Rachel shoplifting in the movie theater. Maybe the mall cops were just a little slow to react.

I'm not sure Skaaaht is a nice guy....he spent most of his time in the mall yelling at Rachel and Tameka...it was warranted most of the time when yelling at Rachel, but Tameka did nothing wrong and demands an apology before Skaaaht will be invited to any of her parties.

You know what, Tameka? I thought we were cool. I was buying that hemp bracelet for you. And Rachel? We used to be such good buddies. When you saw me with my minis game you laughed. I swear I heard you two call me nerd. I don’t need either of you *sniff*. You’re not my *sniff* real friends. /runs off crying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You know what, Tameka? I thought we were cool. I was buying that hemp bracelet for you. And Rachel? We used to be such good buddies. When you saw me with my minis game you laughed. I swear I heard you two call me nerd. I don’t need either of you *sniff*. You’re not my *sniff* real friends. /runs off crying.

Wow. And I thought Diplomacy had a lot of drama. Awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow. And I thought Diplomacy had a lot of drama. Awesome.

I'm telling you, more cutthroat than the assassin game we played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary A
United States
Lakeville/Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Still thinking about a different strategy to out shop Curt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No one out shops Rachael! Are you calling for a rematch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES!

True story: I’ve played this game 8 more times since we played it. Rachel. Always. Wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES!

True story: I’ve played this game 8 more times since we played it. Rachel. Always. Wins.

So are you saying Curt is not a superior shopper and the game is rigged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get busted for shoplifting at the movie theater, the Cinnabon, or maybe the Underground Aquarium.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm in if there's going to be an open game sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Weimer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmaddening wrote:
I would love to get busted for shoplifting at the movie theater, the Cinnabon, or maybe the Underground Aquarium.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm in if there's going to be an open game sometime soon.

Is this going to be the new tradition around here? We all fight to get a spot in this game? I like it. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Senatorweims16 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Is this going to be the new tradition around here? We all fight to get a spot in this game? I like it. ninja

Sounds like a Mall Madness tournament is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
St. Paul
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Senatorweims16 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Sounds like a Mall Madness tournament is needed.

I've played the Last Night on Earth/Mall Madness mod with up to 8 players.

File location:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66078/last-night-mall...

I'm thinking of setting up an Ameritrash day at FFG to play this scenario. I'll post an update when I'm ready, and when I'm thinking of running it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Victoria
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very strange when I check this thread, and the pictures that take up so much space are not the usual JCVD, but instead, they are Mall Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:
It's very strange when I check this thread, and the pictures that take up so much space are not the usual JCVD, but instead, they are Mall Madness.

If you have a chance to play Mall Madness you'll understand the excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  257 , 258 , 259 , 260 , 261  Next »  [262] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.