GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,145 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8850 Posts
[1]  Prev «  257 , 258 , 259 , 260 , 261  Next »  [354] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: TCAT (Twin Cities Ameritrash) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.

How the heck do you shoplift at a movie theater?

Only "Rachel" knows for sure...

IIRC, Tameka also tried to shoplift. While "Skaaaht" (the surfer-brah way of saying Scott) was bad at shopping, his lady friends out-shopped him, and set off alarms across the mall. Once again proving, "nice guys finish last".

Yes, but when Tameka did it she was in the middle of the mall...even more strange than Rachel shoplifting in the movie theater. Maybe the mall cops were just a little slow to react.

I'm not sure Skaaaht is a nice guy....he spent most of his time in the mall yelling at Rachel and Tameka...it was warranted most of the time when yelling at Rachel, but Tameka did nothing wrong and demands an apology before Skaaaht will be invited to any of her parties.

You know what, Tameka? I thought we were cool. I was buying that hemp bracelet for you. And Rachel? We used to be such good buddies. When you saw me with my minis game you laughed. I swear I heard you two call me nerd. I don’t need either of you *sniff*. You’re not my *sniff* real friends. /runs off crying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I played a very trashy game tonight at FFG....Electronic Mall Madness (2004 version). Although it doesn't have dice, the electronic device makes up for it, instructing players what to do plus you slide your credit card into it when shopping or using the ATM. One thing is for sure, the game is dripping with theme....I really felt like I was shopping at the mall! Ben played as Scott, Curt played as Rachel and I was Tameka. Curt proved he was the best shopper of the group, even though he was busted shoplifting at the movie theater.

IIRC, Tameka also tried to shoplift. While "Skaaaht" (the surfer-brah way of saying Scott) was bad at shopping, his lady friends out-shopped him, and set off alarms across the mall. Once again proving, "nice guys finish last".

Yes, but when Tameka did it she was in the middle of the mall...even more strange than Rachel shoplifting in the movie theater. Maybe the mall cops were just a little slow to react.

I'm not sure Skaaaht is a nice guy....he spent most of his time in the mall yelling at Rachel and Tameka...it was warranted most of the time when yelling at Rachel, but Tameka did nothing wrong and demands an apology before Skaaaht will be invited to any of her parties.

You know what, Tameka? I thought we were cool. I was buying that hemp bracelet for you. And Rachel? We used to be such good buddies. When you saw me with my minis game you laughed. I swear I heard you two call me nerd. I don’t need either of you *sniff*. You’re not my *sniff* real friends. /runs off crying.

Wow. And I thought Diplomacy had a lot of drama. Awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow. And I thought Diplomacy had a lot of drama. Awesome.

I'm telling you, more cutthroat than the assassin game we played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary A
United States
Lakeville/Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Still thinking about a different strategy to out shop Curt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

No one out shops Rachael! Are you calling for a rematch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES!

True story: I’ve played this game 8 more times since we played it. Rachel. Always. Wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
CurtKline wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Cavetoad wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
12from1 wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

YES!

True story: I’ve played this game 8 more times since we played it. Rachel. Always. Wins.

So are you saying Curt is not a superior shopper and the game is rigged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get busted for shoplifting at the movie theater, the Cinnabon, or maybe the Underground Aquarium.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm in if there's going to be an open game sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Weimer
United States
Mendota Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnmaddening wrote:
I would love to get busted for shoplifting at the movie theater, the Cinnabon, or maybe the Underground Aquarium.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm in if there's going to be an open game sometime soon.

Is this going to be the new tradition around here? We all fight to get a spot in this game? I like it. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Senatorweims16 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Is this going to be the new tradition around here? We all fight to get a spot in this game? I like it. ninja

Sounds like a Mall Madness tournament is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Locke
United States
LINO LAKES
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Almighty Tallest
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Senatorweims16 wrote:
johnmaddening wrote:

Sounds like a Mall Madness tournament is needed.

I've played the Last Night on Earth/Mall Madness mod with up to 8 players.

File location:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66078/last-night-mall...

I'm thinking of setting up an Ameritrash day at FFG to play this scenario. I'll post an update when I'm ready, and when I'm thinking of running it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very strange when I check this thread, and the pictures that take up so much space are not the usual JCVD, but instead, they are Mall Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akado wrote:
It's very strange when I check this thread, and the pictures that take up so much space are not the usual JCVD, but instead, they are Mall Madness.

If you have a chance to play Mall Madness you'll understand the excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone say mash-up? Introducing JCVD's Mall Madness!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jess was surprised that I got rid of Mall Madness, I had forgotten that it was a childhood favorite. I'll have to play it one of these days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sataranji wrote:
Did someone say mash-up? Introducing JCVD's Mall Madness!

Ben - it seems you need to create a JCVD character for your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Tuesday Morning stores have Risk Europe for $14.99. I picked up the last one at the Woodbury store today. It's supposed to be a good version of Risk.

You can check locations using this list, phone information in the header and SKU information in item 285.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32571/tuesday-morning-sku...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
Some Tuesday Morning stores have Risk Europe for $14.99. I picked up the last one at the Woodbury store today. It's supposed to be a good version of Risk.

You can check locations using this list, phone information in the header and SKU information in item 285.

I want to try that version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bipf wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:

I want to try that version

Will do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone back this?

Badlands: Outpost of Humanity

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/472827030/badlands-outp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:

That looks pretty epic right there.

Approved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've got enough fun stuff coming this and next week that it'd be nice to take some time off to enjoy it all..

Boardgames:

Twilight Imperium 4th edition (preordered/prepaid for it from Level Up)

Dragonfire (Comes out this week, emailed Level Up to see if they'd hold it for me once they get it, but they never replied, maybe I'll just check their Eagan store and/or Gaming Goat to see if they get it Wednesday or Thursday)

Gloomhaven (Kickstarted the 2nd edition, which is in the midst of shipping, but mine hasn't shipped out yet)

Blu-ray:

Red Dwarf Season XII - One of my favorite shows, though this time around I never found a way to watch this season online first, so all 6 episodes will be new to me

Music:

Weird Al Yankovic 'Squeeze box' : Accordion shape box set of all of Weird Al's CDs and a disc of rarities (such as his 'Pac-Man' parody of the Beatles 'Taxman' and his 'Hey Hey We're the Monks' song from Galavant). Got it from a non-kickstarter crowdfunding thing (*pledgemusic"). Just about to ship, so probably get it in a week or so.

Videogames:

PS4 Skyrim VR: Yes, its been released on everything, but getting a full game like this on VR could be very cool. I really like my PSVR, but due to the setup time with all the cords, I don't actually use it much. This game might change that.

At least I had already paid for Twilight Imperium, Gloomhaven, and the Weird Al box set months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
So, I've got enough fun stuff coming this and next week that it'd be nice to take some time off to enjoy it all..

Boardgames:

Twilight Imperium 4th edition (preordered/prepaid for it from Level Up)

Dragonfire (Comes out this week, emailed Level Up to see if they'd hold it for me once they get it, but they never replied, maybe I'll just check their Eagan store and/or Gaming Goat to see if they get it Wednesday or Thursday)

Gloomhaven (Kickstarted the 2nd edition, which is in the midst of shipping, but mine hasn't shipped out yet)

Blu-ray:

Red Dwarf Season XII - One of my favorite shows, though this time around I never found a way to watch this season online first, so all 6 episodes will be new to me

Music:

Weird Al Yankovic 'Squeeze box' : Accordion shape box set of all of Weird Al's CDs and a disc of rarities (such as his 'Pac-Man' parody of the Beatles 'Taxman' and his 'Hey Hey We're the Monks' song from Galavant). Got it from a non-kickstarter crowdfunding thing (*pledgemusic"). Just about to ship, so probably get it in a week or so.

Videogames:

PS4 Skyrim VR: Yes, its been released on everything, but getting a full game like this on VR could be very cool. I really like my PSVR, but due to the setup time with all the cords, I don't actually use it much. This game might change that.

At least I had already paid for Twilight Imperium, Gloomhaven, and the Weird Al box set months ago.

Busy guy! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  257 , 258 , 259 , 260 , 261  Next »  [354] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.