Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
48 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Back By Popular Demand - Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread - RESULTS POSTED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back By Popular Demand - Canadian Math Trade
Discussion Thread

Trade GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/73423
Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/73424

Key Dates & Times (EASTERN TIME - Take Note of AM/PM):
Open for posting games: Immediately until Wednesday, October 26th (5:00 PM)
Want list submission period: Wednesday, October 26th (5:00 PM) until Sunday, October 30th (6:30 AM)
Results about an hour thereafter!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Wednesday, October 26th, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, October 30th, 2011, 6:30 AM EDT
%End%

Note: Please try to get your want list in early as it will not be extended due to any downtime.

Rules (Updated):

1) You must have a valid Canadian address to which your items will be shipped (You don't have to be a Canadian to participate; however, you will need to have a Canadian address where the games can be shipped).

You will be required to cover the full shipping costs for the games you are shipping to any valid Canadian address. You aren't required to ship Priority; Regular Parcel is acceptable. If the recipient requests and is willing to pay for priority shipping, please accommodate accordingly.

If you will not be able to ship the item within a week of the end date, please list and notify users receiving your items ASAP of the dates you will be able to ship.

2) Do not remove items from your entries once you have submitted them! If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, you can edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example: EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.

You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).

3) Gift certificates, Geekgold, and non Board Game/RPG/Video Game items are all permitted. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage is NOT permitted. Cash offerings will NOT be permitted. (Gift Certificate & GG arbitrage is when you try to trade a gift certificate or an amount of GG for a higher gift certificate or higher amount of GG respectively. For example, adding a $40 Gift Certificate to your want list for a $25 Gift Certificate. I reserve the right the submit a blank want list on your behalf for any items where you attempt gift certificate or GG arbitrage).

Non-game entries (DVDs/CDs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners. Therefore, if you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for example expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, you are required to use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

4) In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for ALL items you are trading (You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).

It is NOT acceptable to simply say as pictured. For those who use the OLWLG to add entries they will not see the image. It is always best to grab your game, check the box and just list the publisher/edition in the post.

For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.

For games which are not being sent in shrink you are required to inventory the components and list anything missing. Do not assume that the game is complete, even if you have never played the game and just removed the shrink.

Please list any other relevant details (Smoke-Free Home/Pets/Etc).

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" you are required to make that clear in the description (give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).

If you do not list a condition, missing components, edition or other details the game will be considered to be in excellent to mint condition, complete, English language and from a non-smoking home. But as always, when we assume we make an ass out of u and me. Let's not make any assumption and just make everything clear in the listings.

5) Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: Coloretto; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Coloretto's game id is 5782. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener (if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to ship that game).

If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/my4h67 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782 or Coloretto), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Coloretto's Image ID is 149765. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.

6) If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.

7) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will submit a blank want list on your behalf. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know. I reserve the right to submit a blank want list on behalf of any items (though unlikely). If I do submit a blank want list on your behalf; I will notify you via GeekMail.

8) You are NOT permitted include links to where you are selling the item/game (example BGG Marketplace link/E-bay link). This makes your entry look like you are only trying to sell your game and not looking to trade it. As this is a Trade list, items here should be those you are looking to trade not advertise for sale.

9) You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.

10) On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) will be required for this event. If you have any questions regarding the use of the OLWLG, feel free to ask in the discussion thread or via GeekMail.

Please remember to tip JeffyJeff & cokasaki some GG for their programs.

You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG. It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).

If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Note: Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.

Other useful information:
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING

If you've never used the OLWLG before:

1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Back By Popular Demand - Canadian Math Trade - Discussion Thread
In The End We Missed:

# MISSING 46 WANTS (10%) FROM 8 USER(s) (12.3%):
# bennytoo (4)
# Droo (4)
# ececec (12)
# MikeHHH (4)
# paperfred (9)
# red black (1)
# sirebelle (10)
# Superman (2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Links:

Users List
Official Summary
Official Wants
Most Wanted
Who Wanted Yours?

A Few Statistics:

# Users with items: 65
# MISSING 46 WANTS (10%) FROM 8 USER(s) (12.3%):
[ users trading = 27 ]

27/57 = 47.4% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 460
Num trades = 37 of 411 items (9.0%)

37/411 = 9.0% of Items that had a Want List Traded

Num groups = 3
Group sizes = 25 9 3
Elapsed time = 422ms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what everyone wants to know:

Results (OLWLG)
Results (Text)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to Previous Canadian Math Trades:

It's That Time Of The Year - Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 65
# MISSING 43 WANTS (9.4%) FROM 6 USER(s) (9.2%):
[ users trading = 37 ]

37/59 = 62.7% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 456
Num trades = 72 of 420 items (17.1%)

72/420 = 17.1% of Items that had a Want List Traded

One Last Summer Bang! - 72 Hour Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 48
# MISSING 9 WANTS (3.1%) FROM 1 USER(s) (2%):
[ users trading = 13 ]

13/48 = 27.1% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 290
Num trades = 14 of 291 items (4.8%)

14/291 = 4.8% of Items that had a Want List Traded

Let's Cool Down - Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 50
# MISSING 10 WANTS (2.7%) FROM 2 USER(s) (4%):
[ users trading = 28 ]

28/50 = 56.0% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 360
Num trades = 55 of 355 items (15.5%)

55/355 = 15.5% of Items that had a Want List Traded

Let's Celebrate Dad - Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 85
# MISSING 7 WANTS (1.1%) FROM 3 USER(s) (3.5%):
[ users trading = 66 ]

66/82 = 80.5% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 617
Num trades = 128 of 620 items (20.6%)

128/620 = 20.6% of Items that had a Want List Traded

May The Games Be With You - Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 62
# MISSING 7 WANTS (1.4%) FROM 5 USER(s):
[ users trading = 37 ]

37/57 = 64.9% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 492
Num trades = 74 of 486 items (15.2%)

74/486 = 15.2% of Items that had a Want List Traded

Spring Into New Games - Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 68
# MISSING 38 WANTS (7.8%) FROM 6 USER(s) (8.8%):
[ users trading = 42 ]

42/62 = 67.7% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 483
Num trades = 73 of 445 items (16.4%)

73/445 = 16.4% of Items that had a Want List Traded

I Choo-Choo-Choose You! - Canadian Math Trade
# Users with items: 77
# MISSING 0 WANTS (0%) FROM 0 USER(s) (0%)
[ users trading = 57 ]

57/77 = 74.0% of Users who Submitted a Want List Received a Trade

# Item count: 641
Num trades = 109 of 641 items (17.0%)

109/641 = 17.0% of Items that had a Want List Traded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm back from the dead. At least temporarily.

School + Work + Pets = Little Free Time

Life - Boyfriend = Maybe Enough Time For BGG

See school taught me some math at least.

I figure I could use to trim my collection, or get something that works with my current group (a lot harder to please) so math trade it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back Daisy! Thanks for running this. Seems like math traders are getting a lot of love lately...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, once again, for running this, Daezee!

I had some significant success in the latest Canada trade, and in the Toronto one before that, so (a) I'm running low on tradeables, and (b) my want list is shrinking, but I'll be in!

I have my stuff in the CastleCon trade right now, which completes on Tuesday, so I'll get my stuff listed & requests posted after that ends.

I expect the one for TABSCon will be starting up about the time this one ends, too. Non-stop trading!

However, I'm going to be out of town for the week immediately following the end of this trade. So, if I get any trades, I'll have to get them in the mail the following week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
yay ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow back so soon, I'm sure there will be a tabscon trade on the heels of this one, I'll be out of games to trade! :)

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ececec wrote:
Wow back so soon

So soon? I feel like I've been gone FOREVER! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
yes, many thanks for setting this up again! Already lots of good stuff listed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of an OLWLG update sometime soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
iklinck wrote:

+1.

Pretty Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Manning
Canada
Mount Pearl
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
iklinck wrote:

+1.

Pretty Please.

Sorry, was pretty busy & sick the weekend. I updated it when I could, and did another update this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
Daezee wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
iklinck wrote:

+1.

Pretty Please.

Sorry, was pretty busy & sick the weekend. I updated it when I could, and did another update this morning.

Thanks! Hope you feel better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
Daezee wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
iklinck wrote:

+1.

Pretty Please.

Thanks! Hope you feel better!

Likewise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules of this cover very specific details, but having never participated in one I really have no idea how a 'math trade' works. I see all the rules about how/what to post in your wants/trades - but I have no idea how they are matched up afterwards.

I have a copy of Twilight Imperiom 3 collecting dust. It may be a good trade, but for the cost of shipping that beast I want to know what I'm getting into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
your copy of TI3 may trade against a single listing that you've checked for. so make sure you're perfectly satisfied with shipping TI3 in exchange for any of the items you've checked.

its quite possible you'll end up with the "worst" of the items you've checked, so make sure that's still fine for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm reading between the lines here, because what you've 'checked' isn't really apparent.

I submit item's I'm willing to trade.
I submit want list items, both to encourage people to post those items and that's what a single 'listing' I could end up trading for.
My item could trade for any of those items on the want list.

If multiple things on my want list are submitted, how it is determined what I get? If one of those items is 'wanted' by more people than are offering it for trade, how it is determined who gets the item?

The actual details of how a trade is finalized is unclear. The only FAQ seems to be about the Online want list generator, not a 'What is a math trade?' type FAQ for those who have never participated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruval wrote:
The rules of this cover very specific details, but having never participated in one I really have no idea how a 'math trade' works. I see all the rules about how/what to post in your wants/trades - but I have no idea how they are matched up afterwards.

I have a copy of Twilight Imperiom 3 collecting dust. It may be a good trade, but for the cost of shipping that beast I want to know what I'm getting into.

This thread is a good guide: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-dummi...

Basically, you'll list your game, and look at what everyone else is offering. If you are willing to trade your TI3 for any one of those items (each Geeklist entry is an "item", even if it has more than one game listed), then you put it on your want list.

There's a program that will take everyone's want list, and figure out the best "trade loops" to get the most number of people with at least one trade. So, if you list games A, B, and C for TI3, you could get any one of the three games (but not two of them, or all 3 of them). Make sure everything on your list is something you'd consider a "good trade"!

(If you have multiple games listed, you might have to start worrying about duplicate protection, etc., but if you're only listing one item, you don't have to worry about getting two of something. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Ian. I had thought there was a 'for dummies' guide like that, but it's not linked (that I could find) here. Everything is in regards to the OLWLG in the 'useful links' section.

TI3 was just one exmaple, I have a dozen-ish games I want to get rid of...but shipping in Canada is so exensive.

Good to know the details at least, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
if you don't like shipping, you could try no-ship math trades in the GTA... in particular TABSCon next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
if you don't like shipping, you could try no-ship math trades in the GTA... in particular TABSCon next month.

Or, like me, do both, but be more "generous" in your want lists in the no-ship trades (because there's less cost to me to swap my game for yours).

I do find a broader spectrum of interest in the Canada trades, so something that doesn't get a lot of interest in the TABSCon trades might get some in the Canada-wide ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
exactly, but first time math traders might be surprised by the shipping costs and underestimate them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.