Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Kurek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manual

Kamchatka is changed to Chukotka. It is also corrected in attached summary.

One is important - page 11, picture on the bottom, right side – this example misleads. Look here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1118149/2019-the-arctic

to see more examples of using relevant rule.

Two are less important:
There is more money tokens in box than it is written in list of components.
Besides there are only 10 violet ships. 10 is right number which is one of limiting game parameter (country potential of training sailors in balance to other countries). Probably I typed 14 thinking about country markers. Don`t worry – 10 ships will be probably never used.

Prints

Good news. The board, tokens, manual and (TADAAM!) the box are quite good. We did step foreward.

It should be 4 colors of platforms but there are 5. One was added because dark brown is too close to black so it was difficult to distinguish them. Throw away redundant.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1142364/2019-the-arctic

Wooden pieces

Bad news. At least one step back if you compare them to pieces used in Master of Economy.

- white pawn – this is the worst white pawn I saw in board games ever :/
- black and dark brown pawns are to similar. It was to late to paint them again. This is the bigest problem imho,

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1142363/2019-the-arctic

- green ships should be as green as small green cubes and vice versa,
- red ships are to similar to brown. Luckily they are normally not operating close to each other on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kurek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can also see that there is only 14 blue ships not 15. I can`t remember if I ever seen more than 12 on the map during tests so I believe 14 should be enough to play. Pleace announce me if during some play it happen that E.U. wants to built more than 14 having money for this.

Edit:
Now I know what happend. In my order sent to producer was 14 blue ships but while writing the manual I`ve just counted pieces used in prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yusheng Cao
China
NanJing
JiangSu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Andrzej!Do you mean that the games will have the mistakes if I got one home? Or you have fixed them before printed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kurek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nieyao wrote:
Hi Andrzej!Do you mean that the games will have the mistakes if I got one home? Or you have fixed them before printed?

Another mistake is that there is twice as necessery of coins. Luckily there is no one which affects the game system.

However...(see next post)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kurek
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
COUNTRY MARKERS ARE UNLIMITED.

I saw twice last 2 weeks that there was lack of Canadian markers.

1. Conflicts between USA China and Russia made that only Canadian ships remained in that part of the map. Applicable law was "ships control sea sectors" and Canada in 2 turns took control over 5 sectors and kept it. Canada has also conquered north pole sector and had 2 conflict opened by other countries with USA and EU. 8 markers to use and 2 more possible if also Norway and Russia w`d open conflicts.

2. Yesterday there were 2 lobbyiests sent on platforms form Canada to protect them. Canada had 2 conflicts, controlled 3 sea sectors and had a chance to conquer the north pole sector. 7 markers to use.

It is theoretically possible to see the same problem in other countries.
We`ll try to find a way to fix it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Puglia
Italy
Pisa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my copy there are only 10 violet ships instead 14 ships.
This is a problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
pacobillo wrote:
In my copy there are only 10 violet ships instead 14 ships.
This is a problem?

I was also short in several colors, and while some of the bits stuck together came apart cleanly, some did not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I also want to call out that the colors of the mining platforms are difficult to tell apart in the two copies I've seen. Not just the pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls