Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
98 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Discuss -- No Ship Math Trade -- 5th Annual Autumn Minneapolis BG Marathon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Ship Math Trade -- 5th Annual Autumn Minneapolis BG Marathon (Rules are in here)

Marathon thread

Results are here

Attention nerds! These TradeMaximizer options will be used.

#! ALLOW-DUMMIES
#! REQUIRE-COLONS
#! REQUIRE-USERNAMES
#! HIDE-NONTRADES
#! SHOW-ELAPSED-TIME
#! LINEAR-PRIORITIES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are people that aren't going to the Marathon allowed to participate in the Math Trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
Are people that aren't going to the Marathon allowed to participate in the Math Trade?
Sure. As long as you have your games delivered by 1:00 PM Saturday, it's no problem to just show up for game swapping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Michaud got us set up with the OLWLG last night, but I've removed the requirement to use it. I still think you should do so, but if you want to submit by hand, go ahead. Note that I will not alter or fix any mangled hand-submissions (see rule #1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
RiffRaff14 wrote:
Sure. As long as you have your games delivered by 1:00 PM Saturday, it's no problem to just show up for game swapping.

I'll be out of town all weekend starting mid-afternoon Friday... Is there any way to get in on this math trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wadenels wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
RiffRaff14 wrote:

I'll be out of town all weekend starting mid-afternoon Friday... Is there any way to get in on this math trade?
Can you deliver your items by 1:00 PM Saturday? You can drop them off at the storage room on Friday. (Again, it's probably safe, but we promise nothing.)

You also need to arrange with someone else (before entering the math trade) to take your items home for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notice to those who haven't read the two rules that this math trade has: I'm not going to mail you individually to ask nicely that you add condition and edition to your entries. I'm simply going to remove entries that are missing this information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bancroft
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Notice to those who haven't read the two rules that this math trade has: I'm not going to mail you individually to ask nicely that you add condition and edition to your entries. I'm simply going to remove entries that are missing this information.

As someone who participates in math trades and commonly leaves out that information, I think this is a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
I will trade my games for Thoughthammer gift certificates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I could go to the Marathon Friday night, play games, drop off my games to trade, and come back after my shift on Saturday around 5 to pick up the games? There's no foreseeable issue with this?

Hooray for Math Trades!

jdludlow wrote:
wadenels wrote:
jdludlow wrote:
RiffRaff14 wrote:

Can you deliver your items by 1:00 PM Saturday? You can drop them off at the storage room on Friday. (Again, it's probably safe, but we promise nothing.)

You also need to arrange with someone else (before entering the math trade) to take your items home for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this. I have so many large games that I want to trade, but I don't want to pay to ship (Broadsides & Boarding Parties, Axis & Allies, and so forth.)

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
So I could go to the Marathon Friday night, play games, drop off my games to trade, and come back after my shift on Saturday around 5 to pick up the games? There's no foreseeable issue with this?
Shouldn't be a problem. I think the storage room gets locked, and the only people with access would be the hotel staff.

Jeff, do you know if this is true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I drop games off on Thursday evening and pick up on Sunday? How late on Sunday to make sure I get there on time? I'd like to participate, but I'd rather not inconvenience someone by needing a mule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this is set up in the OLWLG but no items are listed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
I noticed this is set up in the OLWLG but no items are listed yet.
I have to remember to click the button in the OLWLG to manually sync the list. Thanks for the reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Rensch
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
I am the one people warn you about.
badge
Lord of Dorkness
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never participated with a math trade. Where do I put my wish list? Is it just my accounts list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shouit wrote:
I have never participated with a math trade. Where do I put my wish list? Is it just my accounts list?
You'll want to check out these links:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555/math-trade-guide

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...

And don't be afraid to ask questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Rensch
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
I am the one people warn you about.
badge
Lord of Dorkness
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Reading through it now. I have a copy of Innovation 1st printing with sleeves I'd like to trade, so I am seeing how it all works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shouit wrote:
Thanks!

Reading through it now. I have a copy of Innovation 1st printing with sleeves I'd like to trade, so I am seeing how it all works.
Be sure to go through the newbie info that Chad posted, and probably stick with a single item for your first trade to see how it all works.

If you or any other newbies get confused just remember that when it comes time to submit your want lists, submitting nothing means "I don't want to trade, I'm out." You are on the hook for nothing until you submit a want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attn., everyone. I'm not kidding, and I don't think that a grand total of two rules creates a huge burden.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/73791?commentid=247210...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wadenels wrote:
How late on Sunday to make sure I get there on time?
There really is not an "on time" time because any games will be left at the hotel indefinitely or until someone claims it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
MinnesotaPenguin wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem. I think the storage room gets locked, and the only people with access would be the hotel staff.

Jeff, do you know if this is true?

Personal property and games are only as secure as their owner's make them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:
Indeed. Anyone leaving their games overnight is assuming 100% of the risk themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't leave my games. I'd bribe a mule with Culvers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
binge gamer wrote:
Indeed. Anyone leaving their games overnight is assuming 100% of the risk themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't leave my games. I'd bribe a mule with Culvers.
Several people in the past who could not attend would designate a trusted friend/acquaintance who was attending to act as a proxy for them and handle the exchange.

We've been fortunate in that I don't believe there have ever been any instances of theft at any previous events, but while a stack of unclaimed games are okay sitting on the table all day, I would definitely not risk anything overnight (even in the back storage room).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost a hat once, but that was my own damn fault.

Hmmm... Not sure if I have anything worth throwing up on the trade this time since I still haven't bought anything new since my big summer purgeing. I have a bunch of little junk, but that's about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |