Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk: Death Angel - The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Doom: The Boardgame fanMicrobadge: Summoner Wars fanMicrobadge: Elder Sign fan - Terror
Hello!

I received an e-mail with rule clarifications from Tim Uren (Designer)!

My questions were:

Dear FFG,

there were some interactions during our last game of BSG: Pegasus expansion, that weren't obvious for us, so here are the questions:

1. A human character was executed and Boomer was chosen as the new character and placed in the Brig. When the New Caprica Phase starts, where should I place Boomer?

2. The Quorum card "Presidential Pardon" played by the President being on New Caprica on i.e. Apollo in Detention. Where can Apollo move to?

3. Super Crisis Card "Lured into a Trap". What happens first, the Jump or the Execution?

4. Engine Room: Can a character activate it, having 0 or 1 Skill card only in the hand?

5. May a Cylon player activate Breeder's Canyon during the New Caprica Phase, when Galactica already returned to Orbit?

The Answers:

1. All human players move to Resistance HQ during New Caprica setup, even if they were previously in the Brig.

2. Apollo could move to any location (not including the hazardous locations) on New Caprica.

3. The jump happens in its entirety before the execution is resolved. (So players could receive an additional loyalty card as a result of the sleeper phase before the execution, for example.) Note that the execution is still resolved even if the jump ends the game. If the execution were to reduce morale to 0, humans would still lose even if the jump was the last one necessary to win.

4. A player must have the 2 Skill Cards necessary to discard to use the Engine Room. A character with one or fewer Skill Cards cannot use the Engine Room.

5. Yes a Cylon player can use Breeder's Canyon even after Galactica has
returned to orbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Babylon 5 fanMicrobadge: Level 15 BGG posterMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
Hm, nothing super surprising there but a good note about #3 and the executions vs the final jump to end the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Microbadge: SkepticMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: ProfessorMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantlyMicrobadge: I'm a GM!
Which reminds me that we are still waiting for an answer on the question what happens if both Trust Instincts and Red Tape are in a check, and the current player chooses to handle Red Tape first, and Trust Instincts turns up a value-5 or 6 card...

Does Tim take the time to answer only the easy questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
Red Tape says "Discard all 5 and 6 strength cards from this skill check (before totalling strength)." You don't total the strength until after the 2 more from Trust Instincts are added, so out it goes, in my opinion. What would be the rationale for doing otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Babylon 5 fanMicrobadge: Level 15 BGG posterMicrobadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Golden Meeple
I swear we have that answer... did you check the UFAQ? The answer is process Red Tape first if so chosen, then resolve Trust Instincts and don't discard new 5s or 6s. I know that's official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
Microbadge: Plays Games with LoverMicrobadge: Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases...Microbadge: I'm a Cat Lady!Microbadge: ...and it pleases wherever it goes.Microbadge: I rescued my pets from an animal shelter
Serious? That makes so sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
oriecat wrote:
Serious? That makes so sense to me.
Makes perfect sense. Otherwise you'd have to resolve the card twice.

Now if you choose to resolve Trust Instincts first, you would discard the new 5s/6s. This is really completely off-topic and I apologize to the OP... we should really find the original thread where this was asked, but I'm as lazy as these guys (well, maybe not that lazy... there is that giant UFAQ after all... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
Microbadge: SkepticMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: ProfessorMicrobadge: I edit my posts incessantlyMicrobadge: I'm a GM!
We'll stop it here, but that original thread was mine and I am subscribed to it: no answer was posted there. I'll update the FAQ.

EDIT: I just noticed it was already added to the UFAQ, probably by Carl at an earlier time. It just wasn't added to the relevant thread, so I added it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Runebound fanMicrobadge: Space Hulk: Death Angel - The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Doom: The Boardgame fanMicrobadge: Summoner Wars fanMicrobadge: Elder Sign fan - Terror
InfoCynic wrote:
This is really completely off-topic and I apologize to the OP... we should really find the original thread where this was asked, but I'm as lazy as these guys (well, maybe not that lazy... there is that giant UFAQ after all... )
It's ok. I guess, the talk is related to the Exodus expansion. I haven't played this one so far. By the way, the UFAQ is very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Flyboy Connor wrote:
We'll stop it here, but that original thread was mine and I am subscribed to it: no answer was posted there. I'll update the FAQ.

EDIT: I just noticed it was already added to the UFAQ, probably by Carl at an earlier time. It just wasn't added to the relevant thread, so I added it there.
I'm notorious lazy about finding the original threads because the guys take 2 months to answer the questions and then I can't find the original thread anymore... was it posted under Exodus, base game, was it the real question in the thread title or was it added later... and searching is rough here. Ok yeah, I'm lazy. I try to always post new rulings in the master UFAQ discussion thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls