Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to a misunderstanding, KoS contains only 10 Temple Tokens instead of the ideal 16 (one for each space in the Temple). We do not have any way to provide the additional tokens at this time. I will work on getting a file up so that you can print your own extras if you so desire.

Here are your options:
1. Decide to play with a limit of 10 tokens.
2. Add extra tokens from another source (or print your own).

In most cases, the 6 extra tokens will not be needed, even if a total of 16 is assumed during the game. Many times, players will choose to take the VPs instead of the token. While I would prefer option 2, option 1 will not cause any significant problems with the game. We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Thanks for your understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

When playing with the playtest/PnP version my daughter left the rest of the family in the dust by completing sixteen Temple pieces. Since that not only scores points but ends the game before other people may have completed their other strategies, it should always be hanging out there as a possibility. I haven't played enough to state this authoritatively, but I think building the temple is the race-to-the-finish strategy.

One suggestion: if you start placing Temple stones from the bottom up (as seems logical...) once all ten are on the board you can re-use the bottom six to fill the top spaces. That lets you play out of the box until you find the time to make/acquire a full set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This can be confusing to talk about. We DID actually manage to get 16 white wooden cubes (Temple Blocks) in the box, so you have no worries with filling in the Temple. What we didn't get right was having too few Temple Tokens (cardboard chips with the high priest on them).

So, yes, completing the Temple early is a viable strategy, and you should be able to track that with no problems at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:
This can be confusing to talk about. We DID actually manage to get 16 white wooden cubes (Temple Blocks) in the box, so you have no worries with filling in the Temple. What we didn't get right was having too few Temple Tokens (cardboard chips with the high priest on them).

So, yes, completing the Temple early is a viable strategy, and you should be able to track that with no problems at all.

OK. That's not as big of an issue I don't think. It's probably just as easy for players to throw in six pennies in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:

In most cases, the 6 extra tokens will not be needed, even if a total of 16 is assumed during the game. Many times, players will choose to take the VPs instead of the token. While I would prefer option 2, option 1 will not cause any significant problems with the game. We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Thanks for your understanding.

Knowing the limit is important for securing the high priest status for the end of the game even if they don't all get taken. If there are 10 tokens you need 5, if there are 16 you need 8.

In our game one player had a majority of the 10 tokens but the player in 2nd place in the race for high priest could have gained the majority if there were 16 tokens.

Yes they would probably have done better to take VP's as neither of them won, I did

I'll play with one token available for every temple build (16) as it seems most logical and as what was intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Appreciate your being forthcoming with this.

...but sad that it didn't go smoothly (for you and for sponsors like myself). Based on a playtest, I would assume having the full allotment would be necessary for many games, as the one play we had was very competitive for temple tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:

Appreciate your being forthcoming with this.

...but sad that it didn't go smoothly (for you and for sponsors like myself). Based on a playtest, I would assume having the full allotment would be necessary for many games, as the one play we had was very competitive for temple tokens.

Once you learn to play the game "better" you'll realize it's not in the players best interest to fight back and forth for the HP and loose all those possible VP. Usually 2 people fight a little bit but that fight should be done before 10 tokens are used up.

Sure not every game works like that. Sometimes people bum-rush the temple. Which after all was the reason we added 6 more spaces late in development. But most people who get used to the game do do that.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls