Rick Blaha
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What a Terrible Night to Have a Curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be traveling for work to Hamden (thru Hartford). I am curious to know if there are any board gaming shops in the proximity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Goetz
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best recommendation I have is in Manchester, which is probably an hour from Hamden in light traffic but right next to Hartford. That's The Time Machine, which has a very solid game collection and tons of other "hobby" stuff as well (e.g., model trains, toys, electronics, etc.). Their website is timemachinehobby.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig J
United States
East Hampton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Razor, It's pretty sparse pickings in Hartford, let alone Connecticut in general.

I'm not aware of any game stores in the capital area, where I primarily work. The area use to have two shops (The Dragon's Lair and a wargames/miniatures shop) but both closed their doors about 4 years ago.

One of my clients use to be located in the Newington Conference Center, which also happens to be the headquarters for ConnectiCon: http://connecticon.org/. They have a small game shop located on the first floor of the building. 705 North Mountain Road, Newington.

Wethersfield (Exit 24 off 91) has Omni Cards and Comics, but they have very few games other than CCGs.

That's about it, to my knowledge.

Good luck with your commute, because traveling 91 during rush hour is about as much fun as shoveling snow... which we're both about to do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls