Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all.

I'm looking for a good game store near to me. I'm based in Brighton and Eastbourne (East Sussex, UK) with occasional trips to London and elsewhere in the surrounding area. What I'd like to find is a store of a decent size with a wide range of games available and ideally knowledgeable staff who can advise me on purchases, maybe even with a few demo games to help make that purchase easier. There are some small (although good) games shops in Brighton and Eastbourne but they're not quite what I'm looking for. Can anyone recommend anywhere near to me? I'm happy to travel a little bit to find the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know about Dave's Comics in Brighton? Its on Sydney Street and has been gradually expanding its range of games. There are two shops on Sydney Street, you want the one nearer the sea.
There are a load in the window and a large wall area inside. Mostly Euros and Ameritrash (aka Thematic), plus card games.

If you already know about Daves then you are out of luck. I think there is a good shop in Horsham from reports if that is in your range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Davis
Wales
flag msg tools

Depending on how often you get to London try Leisure Games in Finchley, they have pretty much everything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Dave's and it's great, but quite small and not really set up for demo games. I've always got the impression that they sell the games, but more as a sideline to the comics. Considering the size of Brighton and the 'alternative' nature of it as a city, I'm still stunned that no-one has managed to make a game shop work there...

I don't know the one in Horsham, but I'll gladly look it up.

As for Finchley, I don't know that one. Do you have a website for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.leisuregames.com (iirc)

Finchley Central tube station, come out of it & turn right up the main road- it's about 100 yards & there's a reasonable cafe opposite where you can sit with a coffee & look over your new spoils

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds simple enough. I shall try and get up there to them as soon as I can.

Does anyone know of any decent shops nearer to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the Horsham shop:

http://www.battlequestgames.com/

I've also heard of a shop in Eastbourne that does have a gaming table, but got a bad review, also stock seemed to be limited. This is second hand information:
Phantasia Hobby Shop - Eastbourne,East Sussex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've been to Phantasia. They're fine, but quite a limited stock. I haven't seen a review of them though.

I'll have a look at the Horsham one you've suggested. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like your dreams could have come true:
New store with gaming space in Brighton, Sussex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
Looks like your dreams could have come true:
New store with gaming space in Brighton, Sussex
You sir, win +1 Internet Point!

Thank you, that looks perfect - I shall head down there as soon as I get a chance. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls