Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I buy board games in Dallas?

I'll visit this city in couple of weeks and I would wish to buy some wargames but maybe others too.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Kinda depends what part of the city you'll be in. Dallas is really more like 10 or 12 towns/cities all crammed together into a giant metroplex: getting from one part to another can take as long as an hour if you're not careful.

That said, a couple good local offerings include The Game Chest in north Dallas, and a small chain of comic stores, Lone Star Comics & Games, which can be found all over the "metro."

And finally, there are numerous meetup opportunities (http://boardgames.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/dallas/ )
I hope that's enough to get you started! I also hope someone will come in after me and give some better info than I could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anderson Imes
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Game Chest closed. Their stock went to a great game store, though, Madness Games. It is located in Plano. http://www.madnessgames.com/ Great selection. I don't know what their wargame selection is like, honestly (I don't play a lot of those), but I imagine they have more than a few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lone Star is not what I would call good by any conventional meaning of that word. They have the dubious achievement of being the only store that I have ever seen price games at above MSRP because it was a hot game and they felt entitled to gouge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Madness Games is highly recommended if you happen North of Dallas.

Good guys and they've even helped out the Dallas Games Marathon folks to keep the AC flowing in the hot TX summer this year.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

Thumb up