Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Basa
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

The wife and I are going to Vegas for a few days and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good game stores down there?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wagner
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I hear there's a good one called the Spearmint Rhino. You should check it out. Tell them I sent you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brennan
United States
Groveland
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Bob--

I asked the same question a few months back. Here's a link to that thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

I didn't have the opportunity during my trip to visit any of the shops, so I can't offer you any further assistance.

Good luck,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I visited Las Vegas over 4th of July weekend. I had searched the forums for game stores there and came up with the above link and a few others. I also emailed a BGGer (OralBob, I think). The overall impression is that there is not much there. And from what I saw, there are no "real" boardgame stores, only "hobby" (RPG, etc) stores that carry some boardgames. I make that distinction because I would never take my kids into most RPG type stores. A boardgame store, on the other hand, is generally a very family-friendly environment.

That being said, let me tell you what I found. I decided to visit the two stores on my list that seemed to be promising and close to where I was staying. They were Dreamland Hobbies and Fist Full of Games.

Dreamland Hobbies was definitely an RPG/miniatures store, but they also had a decent selection of games. I'm glad I didn't take my kids in there because the people in the store (I'm not sure if they were working or just there to play Magic or something) were swearing like crazy. The guy that was working behind the counter, though, was friendly and tried to be helpful (they did not have the games I was looking for). He offered to order a game for me but I explained that I was from out of town. Prices seemed like normal FLGS prices.

I'm not sure what category Fist Full of Games falls into because there was not much there in the store (they were remodeling or something). If I had to guess it would be towards the CCG/RPG crowd. The guy who owns the store is very friendly and also offered to special order any games I wanted (if he could ge them). He also gave me a great discount on the game I wanted.

Bottom line is that I couldn't find any real boardgame stores, but you can find a place to buy a boardgame if you look. Also, if you plan ahead you can call Fist Full of Games and possibly get a game ordered for when you arrive and get a great discount on it.

Hope this little ramble helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls