Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. It's only too bad that we can't get access to all the games in the iggc database (if Arty even keeps them).

I'm also pleased that there no obvious trends yet. I'm surprised that there are as many wins as there are for the first-cutters, because my impression has been that people are overeager to cut. Then again I've noticed that I end up being first cutter in a bunch my games (including that epic one with Kormi), using my "2 groups of size 2 that forces the opponent to make a size 3" cut. I'm also amazed that the move 20 cut was a loss for the cutter. That late in the game, it's almost always a win for the cutter unless he/she really doesn't know what he's/she's doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
defcon = perfect. Your terminology skills are sublime. I'll now never think of it any other way.

My experience with my early Defcon2 opening: players almost always go immediately to Defcon3 in response, usually because if they don't I'll be close to completing a Knife. I'm sure they could thwart it if they knew that's what I was going for from the beginning. So I'm kind of defeating myself by describing it here.

[EDIT]: an early knife is really dangerous for the player on the receiving end of it, because if it happens early enough it can't be contained by a sandwich usually. Or so it seems to me so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milomilo122 wrote:
This is awesome. It's only too bad that we can't get access to all the games in the iggc database (if Arty even keeps them).

Arty keeps them all Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to load them into existing graphic interface. But I can write a script for exporting the archive from the database into a zip-archive of text files with the list of moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty Sandler
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just created the archive. If you want to get it just drop me an email to info at iggamecenter dot com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.