Subject: Infantry rules for mekatac rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yuber Okami
Spain
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have been thinking for quite some time about adding infantry and conventional vehicles to this game. In order to make it simple, i designed the following template for infantry platoons:

Infantry platoon: counts as a size 1 mech, with 10 hit points, +1 initiative and only two movement points.

Weapons: infantry platoons have two attack modes: heavy weapons (Damage 1D6, range 8 squares, ammo 3) and small arms (Damage 1D3, range 4). Infantry can use both attack modes unless reduced to 5 or less hit points, in which case they can only use one of those attacks per turn (player's choice).

Special rules:

- Infantry platoons can always use the Cammo Netting special rule (they are easy to conceal)

- Any attacks against an infantry platoon are at -1 to hit due to their "scattered" nature. Put any other modifiers as usual.

Any ideas for conventional vehicles, air support and the like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Krassner
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Hayden
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't worked too much with it, but there might be some useful ideas:

http://home.dejazzd.com/broadsword/Giant_Stompy_Robots/GSR_D...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuber Okami
Spain
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Read them a few days after writing mine. They are good, just have a different focus. I wrote mine with the idea of keeping the game simple, so only one type of infantry was there, and i tried to use as many of the original rules as possible.

BTW, tried the rules for the first time. You can check a small battle report here:

http://huestesdearcana.blogspot.com/2012/02/alboran-encounte...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.