Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be visiting DePaul University (Loop campus) on Thursday and Friday. Are there any good shops easily accessible on foot or via subway near the Grant Park area? I've never been so I don't know Chicago at all, and will not have too much time to see the city, so proximity to that area is ideal.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Milanovich
United States
Glendale Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, there's not much downtown nor even close to it. There's two main stores within Chicago that I know of and I personally haven't been to either. First is Cat & Mouse and the other is Dice Dojo. Both are at least 1/2 hour away from the loop by subway.

You can also catch the Metra Trains out of Union Station or Ogilvie Station and go to Mount Prospect for Games Plus and to Downers Grove for Fair Game.

Both suburban stores are right by their respective train stations... with GP being across the street and FG being about a 5 minute walk.

Of the two suburban shops, Games Plus is a much older store that's been there forever and has a HUGE selection covering both games and miniatures. Fair Game is a newer store with a much smaller selection with a focus mainly on games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob has it correct and Games Plus www.games-plus.com is the best store for shopping. On the Metra train it is not too much longer of a ride than the ones in the city. be sure you are getting on the right train. www.metrarail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Knotts
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
badge
¡Viva la Revolución!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasonbartfast wrote:
I'll be visiting DePaul University (Loop campus) on Thursday and Friday. Are there any good shops easily accessible on foot or via subway near the Grant Park area? I've never been so I don't know Chicago at all, and will not have too much time to see the city, so proximity to that area is ideal.

Thanks!

Gotta throw in my recommendation for visiting Chicagoland Games: Dice Dojo - a quick ride North to the Bryn Mawr red-line stop.

Awesome selection to choose from and lots of space. Too bad you're here Th / F as Wednesday is the main night for open boardgaming.

--T
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Schmidt

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
www.cat-n-mouse.com
badge
2212 W. Armitage Ave. Chicago, IL 60647 (773) 384-4454
Hi Jason,

Cat & Mouse Game Store is a 15-20 minute train ride from the Loop on the Blue Line. Detailed directions about getting to the shop can be found at http://cat-n-mouse.com/directions.asp. Downtown, you'll find several Blue Line stations along Dearborn Ave.

Hope you have a safe and fun visit to Chicago!

Regards,

Linda Schmidt
Cat & Mouse Game Store
Chicago, IL
http://www.cat-n-mouse.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
t_knotts wrote:

Gotta throw in my recommendation for visiting Chicagoland Games: Dice Dojo - a quick ride North to the Bryn Mawr red-line stop.

Awesome selection to choose from and lots of space.

+1 for Dice Dojo. Visited Chicago last week, took this advice, and was well rewarded. Great selection, nice space, friendly and knowledgeable staff. They have all sorts of hard-to-find stuff in stock. For anyone in the Chicago area with Witch's Brew on the Wishlist, they have it on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls